• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What other Nintendo competitive games do you play?

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
I haven't done much of it recently but I used to play Mario Kart and Pokemon, specifically Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X/Y.

Smash is just not my thing.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
The only other game I've really played competitively is Mario Kart. I do play Smash and Pokemon a lot though, just more casually.

Flakk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Magolorthegreat
I had a weird semi competive smash community when i was really young. It was like 5-10 people and while we played for fun we did take the game semi seriously. We never knew about l-cancelling/wavedashing creating a simpler meta and only played on final destination (This was a terrible idea in hindsight, especially with a marth main around). Having no knowledge of tiers it still ended up being a lot of spacies/marth/peach with some weirder side picks like Link/Roy/Luigi. This lasted until Brawl came out where we tried to make a similar thing but we fizzled out after 3 years of that while melee seemed to pretty much be everlasting. I still consider melee to be the best multiplayer game ever made. In brawl i dropped Falco because I didn't like his clunkiness and stuck with fox/luigi. I like smash 4 a lot more than brawl but my play has dropped to beyond bad and i have like a 30% winrate in for glory. I don't entirely know what characters I like in 4 but Luigi has stuck and I'm a big fan of Duck Hunt, Ness and Sonic.

I used to be really into comp pokemon during gen 5. Like REALLY into it. I used to play a lot of RU especially, tried to get into balanced hackmons but the community for that is really circlejerky and once you get past 6 togepis with metronome you end up with 5 fedoraclad friends of the enemy player trying to snark about your teamcomp. I don't like current meta because megas are ****ing everywhere. There is an official PU now iirc so I might start playing that I can't imagine any megas being below NU. Any PU fans that can tell me about the meta atm (If there is any, sounds like it's pretty fresh atm)?

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Strangely, as I've gotten older, competitive games have lost their appeal. I'm not sure why, but now I take more out of a deep single player experience.

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
I play Smash competitively but i'm not that great, Mario Kart 8 is awesome and Pokemon X but i take the Ash approach to battling

Sosuneki

Inkling
NNID
Mystmyst
Mariokart for sure! Smash and sometimes Pokemon if I am not to lazy to breed!

Reetrider

Inkling
I wouldn't say I'm competitive in any of them but I play Smash and MK8. I love the pokemon series but can't bring myself to take the time to breed. I don't have much time anymore to play games and I definitely don't want to spend it running around breeding.

Jawdyn

Inkling
Only Nintendo games I play in a competitive way are both Splatoon and Mario Kart Wii. I tried MK7 and MK8, but didn't feel right for me and game them up shortly.

I hope to play Splatoon for as long as I played Mario Kart Wii for, perhaps even longer. :P

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I've never really played them competitively, but I do enjoy Mario Kart and Smash. I really don't think I'd be good enough to play in a tournament of any kind, but I do love playing them, and I like winning. :P

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Competitive gaming? Uh I guess the only thing that I've really poured time into learning about different mechanics, etc. is Pokémon. In X/Y, it was MUCH easier to breed and that made it a lot more enjoyable for me to breed specific Pokémon and get what I want. I mostly play doubles with a few of my friends, and for a short time I played battle spot doubles, though recently I've just not really had the urge to breed or EV train because it's just... boring to me nowadays, lol. Over the course of my very short competitive Pokemon "career", I've bred and raised about 40 different Pokémon for doubles/VGC (not that many, in truth). I still love the Miltank I bred back when X/Y was first out, it's too good.

Very recently I did force myself to breed an Aerodactyl and a Pinsir, maybe if I EV train them I can get back into it again.

Mr.Single

Inkling
NNID
TheLordoftheRing
Me and a group of buddies LOVED playing Advance Wars against each other. Would have loved to see a massive community for that.

Lucas

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Armanderp
Melee and Smash 4. I love Smash 4 more though because of the content and I just have more fun playing it.

Toadamos

Inkling
I play Smash competitively, but I've kind of started turning away from it. It'll be that way until Lucas comes out most likely. It's not fun when your main gets cut, forcing you to adapt to another character. I like Ness and all, but he's NOT Lucas, no matter what people may say.
To this day, I still don't understand how people play Pokemon competitively. I can't began to wrap my head around what people are talking about.

I play the most non-competitive games out there competitively. How that works, it's hard to explain. But it's quite hilarious seeing me get serious over Xenoblade when taking on the Superbosses. Even more with Mother and Ace Attorney (I really don't know how I turn those games into competitive ones. I wish I knew)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom