What really stupid/noob things have you seen, or have done?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Dumb things I like to do? It usually involves me using a grenade barrage, when I clearly should be using my gun on an immediate threat. Having that special makes throwing grenades the only thing I want to do, even if it's not smart to do so. I'm guilty of doing this especially in Splatzones when I have a Splash-o-matic with suction bomb barrage.

Sometimes I can get overconfident with rollers as well. My brain will sometimes convince me to take on something like a dual squelcher when I have a krakon roller, despite the painfully obvious distance disadvantage I have.

Dumb things I see others do? There was a level 43 player using a Dynamo Roller like any other rollers. No one who knows how to use the Dynamo just runs with it, you need to flick it to be effective. I know just because someone has a high level, does not mean they are an excellent player, but a level 43 should have seen how others use the dynamo by then. I would have been annoyed with this player, but they kept being put on the other team, so I can't complain. :P

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Sorry, that may have been me. I was trying to jump across a gap and though I had enough momentum to make it. I saw the superjump marker just before I jumped and went straight into the abyss. I remember thinking, someone's in for a surprise landing.
I'm not sure it's happened only twice to me. Besides Idk your name in the room. Mine would've been "Pinkolol" and I've seen it happen to others so I'm not sure it was you directly.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Me knowing that good chargers **** all over gatlings I. STILL. TRY. TO. CONFRONT. THEM.

Pokemon5700

Inkling
I Super-jumped to somebody in Bluefin and ended up landing straight into water.

Also seen? Oh I have a lot of those. Great instances: Kelp Dome Rainmaker, one guy ran straight past the rainmaker tower with the thing in his hand (lost us the match) and one guy actually went back to his base on the opposing team with the thing and blew up the thing.
Something similar happened to me. I super jumped to a teammate in Moray Towers and fell of the stage into my untimely demise.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Seen:
-Taking the Rainmaker to our side
-Someone trying to splat me with a no-ink roller.
-Someone squidbagging
-Someone squidbagging and falling through the grates in Bluefin Depot
-Teammate inkstriking our own spawn point
-Teammate putting beacons on top of our spawn point
-Teammate squid jumping without Ninja Jump into a line of fire

Done:
-Thinking my echolocated teammates are the enemies.
-Trying to splat my own teammate
-During heavy fire, when one of my teammates die, and hear the sound effect of them dying, I'm thinking I got splatted and just stand there.

TheSaltySquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cobman456
I once took the rainmaker back to my base and I got sniped and I went further back then there distance and they got a knock out on us. I once also so a slosher with 12 strength ups. I just gave up for the day

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
"Well," past me thought to himself, as he observed his target take cover behind the square obstacle up the first ramp in Moray Towers. "I'm not getting any shots in with my Squiffer because he seems content with just camping behind that cover." Past me could almost swear he saw the smoke of a campfire rising up from behind the obstacle as the sound of a tent being unfolded rings softly. "So," he thought, after multiple failed attempts at repositioning, "how about I swim up there...and drop an Inkmine under his feet! That'll get him for sure!"

Those were past me's final thoughts before his face was smeared with ink.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
-Someone squidbagging and falling through the grates in Bluefin Depot
Brilliant!

-During heavy fire, when one of my teammates die, and hear the sound effect of them dying, I'm thinking I got splatted and just stand there.
Ah I've done that. And once I did the inkstrike and wasn't paying attention and thought I had died and just stood there. Then I really did die.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
There have been a few times where I thought I got splatted and just stood there for a second until I realized that I actually WON the firefight.

I also walk into bombs a lot more than I should. Some guy with a Jr. was really good at getting me with 'em, but I kinda get bullheaded about chasing down opponents and sometimes ignore the BOMB right next to me.

A dumb thing I did today was drop behind three opponents as they left their base on Flounder. I had the Custom Jr, and thought that if I got behind them, I could splat all three with the element of surprise. Stupid me forgot that the Jr. takes forever to kill AND I forgot to throw a Disruptor beforehand which would have hit all three of them and made their day a lot worse. I got sent back to spawn in a hurry.

Probably the most common dumb thing I see is Rollers who get hit with Disruptors that don't stop or try to flee or defend themselves. They'll just slowwwwwly come towards me until I splat them. I think a lot of low level players don't know how to react to being disrupted.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Aha, my most favourite stupid thing i have done is that one time in Camp Triggerfish on turf war.

You know when you spawn there's that big area to the left, right? There's also a very small grate there on the left most side of that area (Towards the water). I was was on the enemies side, standing on that grate, and the whole enemy team had died. So i thought i could ambush them when they comeback.

"I'm going to hide here!" *Squids through the grate and drowns.*

The good thing was i effectively hid from the enemy. Nobody knew what i did. All good xD

TheSaltySquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cobman456
Aha, my most favourite stupid thing i have done is that one time in Camp Triggerfish on turf war.

You know when you spawn there's that big area to the left, right? There's also a very small grate there on the left most side of that area (Towards the water). I was was on the enemies side, standing on that grate, and the whole enemy team had died. So i thought i could ambush them when they comeback.

"I'm going to hide here!" *Squids through the grate and drowns.*

The good thing was i effectively hid from the enemy. Nobody knew what i did. All good xD
Perfect cover plan

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
This irritates me every time I see it but pepole who Super Jump to teammates WHO CLEARLY AREN'T SAFE.

Now this one happened pretty recently. I was on Flounder Heights on the top of the enemy ramp to the top. I jump down to help my teammates and I land on top of a Seeker. It was hilarious. XD

Last edited:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
We were playing Turf Wars on Arowana Mall and we had ended up getting backed into our own base. There was someone camping us and killing us if we left out spawn point but my team mates still tried to get past him instead of killing him for some reason.

Whenever he killed someone, he found the need to squidbag..... Every time he did that, I would just let out a seeker and kill him instantly. I never left the spawn point but I killed him around 5 times because he kept doing the same thing over and over again. It was great fun. xD Don't squidbad, kids. It'll get you a killer boat thing to the face. :P

I decided to try out Tower Control on the new map today. The first few matches were going great... And then suddenly I apparently forgot how to play. o_O There were three times when I was on the tower and someone was shooting at me... So I instinctively moved to the side while in squid form, fell through the gate, and fell into the water.

I did this three separate times. I couldn't just fall off the tower over land. Nope. Had to always fall off over the water. .-.

It was a brilliant moment of mine, I tell you. :confused:

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
there have been multiple cases where I've:
1) super-jumped straight to an enemy.
2) sniped near the edge of the tower on Moray, failed to watch my step, and fallen off to my demise.
3) sniped, failed to check the map, and gotten back-stabbed by an enemy who was standing right behind me for 15 seconds.
4) entered 1-v-1's with an enemy, and failed to Strafe. this usually results in me getting a post-mortem trade, at best.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Thinking that I could get a Wii U emulator, and play Splatoon on PC.
And yes, I do have Splatoon on WiiU. I just wanted to see if I could.
even if you could do that, what would be the point? it'd be very CPU-intensive, and there probably wouldn't be any servers for the Emulator to run off, so the Multiplayer most likely wouldn't work.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Thinking that I could get a Wii U emulator, and play Splatoon on PC. Didn't get me a virus but I did go through 2 hours of surveys for nothing.
Why don't you just get Gmod and wait for the Splatoon gamemode that's currently WIP? Until then, you can just run around killing people with Inkling and Octoling player models.

If a Gmod modder makes a Splatoon gamemode and introduces Inkling vs. Octoling matches before the actual developers, I'm going to laugh my *** off.

Jakkie

Full Squid
Why don't you just get Gmod and wait for the Splatoon gamemode that's currently WIP? Until then, you can just run around killing people with Inkling and Octoling player models.

If a Gmod modder makes a Splatoon gamemode and introduces Inkling vs. Octoling matches before the actual developers, I'm going to laugh my *** off.
Didn't that begin in Team Fortress 2? And I do have Garry's mod as well. Just wanted to see if there really was a Emulator in progress, but alas, there is not.

And the Garry's Mod community has been very.. Un-fresh lately. I don't think they would as this poi- Oh, I just noticed you put a link there, with the gamemode..
And they have gotten quite far... Well damn they did it. *claps*

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I have been so adamant about "Scopes give you more aim, they must be better," that I usually used the Splatterscope when I wanted to practice a charger, with mediocre results. Only today have I tried the regular Splat Charger and noticed I aimed much better due to the stable camera angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom