• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What sensitivity do you use in Splatoon?

TuzkiEkate

Inkling
NNID
cellardoor13
What sensitivity do you use in Splatoon? I'm still undecided >_< ! Which you prefer ? And with what weapons ?

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
Kelp Splatterscope: -5
Everything else: Default

I like snapping my snipes, so having a lower sensitivity assists in that regard. I've become acquainted to the default sensitivity too, so I just use that for any other weapon. I also use motion controls. :D

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
When I play with Rollers, I always have it all the way at +5. I'm still experimenting with what I want to have for Shooters...but currently I'm hovering at -0.5 or -1.

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
I switched to +5 recently, but I used 0 sensitivity for a long time. Honestly, my advice to OP is just to try out different sensitivities and find out what you're comfortable with. It's more important to get comfortable with the controls when learning the game than it is to find the "objectively best" setting.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Lately:
-2 for Splatterscope
-3 for E Liter
+5 for everything else

I used to use -2 on E Liter but I'm experimenting.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
+1.5 or +2 for me

Might start going lower for using Chargers since that seems to be the fashion now, but I probably don't care enough to change it every time, I do fine at my usual.

And you will too, once you find one that gives you success!

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
When I started playing Splatoon, I changed my settings to +5 and kept motion controls because I knew it would really help once I got used to it. I normally use Splatterscope or Dual Squelcher, but i've been using E-Liter and Bamboozler more often. Most people lower their sensitivity for chargers, but I keep mine high. I like being able to turn quickly using the sticks.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I think that I started playing with 0.0 and, very gradually, repeatedly altered my sensitivity by increments of +1.0 or +0.5. I'm of the belief that there's nothing that theoretically is prevented by high sensitivities, whereas anything lower than maximum has an upper bound to turning speed, which can be crucial in close combat. Because of my slow alterations, I never noticed any aiming problems with higher sensitivities, perhaps particularly because I exclusively use buckets. I'm presently at +4.5 and will nudge that up to +5.0 sooner or later.

Actimela

Inkling
NNID
Actimela
At the beginning, I was at 5 with the sticks only.
When I have started to use gyroscope one week ago, I put the sensitivity to 2.
I mainly use the krack-on splat roller, so I have to move and target very quickly.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't switch my sensitivity based upon my weapons. I'm mainly using the Octobrush Nouveau and Custom Hydra which I use -3 sensitivity for both weapons. I've tried a positive sensitivity and it made me feel really motion sick, so I always keep the sensitivity in the negatives.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I used to use 0, then I switched to +5, and then I saw that ThatSrb2Dude uses -1 to -3, so I've been using -3 since then and have had pretty good results. For snipers I'd also probably go -5 though.

Pkbucket

Inkster Jr.
I have it at 5+ mostly for speed but for starting out maybe try 0 to practice sensitivity between weapons I find that I love 5+ now though because its fast and quick (I use motion controls) and while you are playing sometimes being fast is necessary so I guess just whatever works best for you I love going fast so thats my sensitivity.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
0. Started with it, got used to it, tried other settings, don't feel the need to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom