• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What virtual console titles would you like to see on the WiiU and why?

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Personally, I think the library is growing an getting better. The addition of Wii titles is awesome and I hope they carry on.

I'd personally like to see a good few n64 games, including Smash Bros 64 and banjo kazooie.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'd also like to see some GameCube titles. The system had some favourites of mine, including animal crossing, Mario kart: double dash and Pikmin 1 & 2.

Also some lesser known titles like Gotcha Force and viewtiful Joe.

What do you guys think? Anything you'd like to see, or anything you're excited for?

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
I would like to see the Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest series start to pop up on the Virtual Console. If memory serves me right, they never made it onto the Wii's Virtual Console either.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
I would like to see the Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest series start to pop up on the Virtual Console. If memory serves me right, they never made it onto the Wii's Virtual Console either.
I would like to try those games, for a decent price on the eshop, I definitely would!

OoT and MM since my N64 is breaking down
OoT is on the Wii VC (hopefully they'll offer upgrades to WiiU soon). MM would be cool, but I don't see the need as such now the remake is out on the 3DS

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Marvelous: Mōhitotsu no Takarajima (Marvelous: Another Treasure Island) is an obscure gem that was released for Super Famicom in October 1996, after N64 had already come out (likely the reason for its obscurity), and it was Eiji Aonuma's first game. It is a puzzle-RPG adventure with similar (but much improved) graphics to those of A Link to the Past. The player takes control of three boys at summer camp who have to rescue their counselor from pirates and get caught up in a much bigger predicament. Each boy has his own abilities and the player has to switch between the boys and play to their individual strengths in order to solve puzzles throughout the game. There is limited combat, but are a few boss battles throughout.

I got the game as a Club Nintendo JP reward (it's a VC title on the JP eShop only) and played it mostly using GameFAQs walkthroughs my first time, since my Japanese skills are too weak. Even though I had to use the walkthroughs, it is still extremely fun and charming and is one of my favorite Super Nintendo games. I think there is a ROM of it floating around on the web that is mostly translated into English, though I must not condone piracy.

Anyway, I think they should get this game translated and on the eShop for the rest of the world to enjoy, though I wouldn't get my hopes up for it.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
one word...

pokemon...
I wouldn't mind seeing the GCN games on there, as well as maybe stadium 1 & 2. Hope snap gets an upgrade to the wiiu VC. Would enjoy playing some of the older handheld versions as well (Pokemon bank support would be cool).
Marvelous: Mōhitotsu no Takarajima (Marvelous: Another Treasure Island) is an obscure gem that was released for Super Famicom in October 1996, after N64 had already come out (likely the reason for its obscurity), and it was Eiji Aonuma's first game. It is a puzzle-RPG adventure with similar (but much improved) graphics to those of A Link to the Past. The player takes control of three boys at summer camp who have to rescue their counselor from pirates and get caught up in a much bigger predicament. Each boy has his own abilities and the player has to switch between the boys and play to their individual strengths in order to solve puzzles throughout the game. There is limited combat, but are a few boss battles throughout.

I got the game as a Club Nintendo JP reward (it's a VC title on the JP eShop only) and played it mostly using GameFAQs walkthroughs my first time, since my Japanese skills are too weak. Even though I had to use the walkthroughs, it is still extremely fun and charming and is one of my favorite Super Nintendo games. I think there is a ROM of it floating around on the web that is mostly translated into English, though I must not condone piracy.

Anyway, I think they should get this game translated and on the eShop for the rest of the world to enjoy, though I wouldn't get my hopes up for it.

This sounds and looks really interesting... Never heard of it before, but wow I wish I could try it. I'm not a fan of ROMs either, so I'll keep my eye out for any English releases (if they ever do). Would be a shame if not, though.

CN-

Inkling
NNID
Caplain
Never played the series, been a bit tempted since the first is on the eshop (correct me if wrong). Got too many games in my back catalog at the moment though haha
Drop everything, play Earthbound (technically the second mother game, but the first and only one sold in the states). It's seriously so good in so many ways, there's a reason it holds the cult status it does.

Regarding the forum topic, I definitely want to see Mother 3, more Fire Emblem, and Billy Hatcher.

SquidBuster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DubaloSeven
Really hoping that N64 games pick up more traction on WiiU's eshop than they did on Wii. The only big thing that really came out of Wii's N64 VC was the surprise localization of Sin & Punishment (which is really awesome to be fair). The rest were mostly just obvious classics, outside of Ogre Battle 64. Also input lag issues being dealt with would be great!

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hmm... I'd like to see more Gameboy and DS games. I'd love too see several of them there.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I would love to see some DS castlevania games, preferably Order of Ecclesia.
Just pulled out my copy of Order of Ecclesia a few days ago. Still just as good as I remember it.

As for games that need to be on Virtual Console, I have three words: Metroid Zero Mission. I mean, come on! Japan has had it on the Wii U VC for over a year now! Make it happen Nintendo!

Flakk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Magolorthegreat
any gamecube game, Klonoa Heroes translation, F-Zero X on Wii U.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Banjo-Kazooie is never happening because Microsoft owns the IP. Which is unfortunate, but it was one of my favorite N64 titles. I'd primarily like to see first-party games that were never released on the Wii Virtual Console, including Mario Party 3, Pilotwings 64, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Yoshi's Safari, and the SNES version of Wario's Woods. I'd also like to see more DS games. My top priorities right now are Super Princess Peach and Kirby: Canvas Curse.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Metroid Zero Mission. I mean, come on! Japan has had it on the Wii U VC for over a year now! Make it happen Nintendo!
Zero Mission was the first game I played when I got my Japan Wii U during the wait for Hyrule Warriors. Ended up being worth the wait to get the console just to play Hyrule Warriors a month early, because I put over 70 hours in that game alone and got my content creation started.

Speaking of Warriors, how about old Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games on VC?

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Zero Mission was the first game I played when I got my Japan Wii U during the wait for Hyrule Warriors. Ended up being worth the wait to get the console just to play Hyrule Warriors a month early, because I put over 70 hours in that game alone and got my content creation started.

Speaking of Warriors, how about old Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games on VC?
Is getting a Japanese Wii U worth it? I really want to get one for the upcoming RPGs like Xenoblade X and SMT x FE. But I'm hoping for a release date for Xenoblade X at E3 in June.

As for the Warriors games; sure, I would like to try some other games in the series, so if they come to VC that would be nice. The only problem is that, to my knowledge, that series is primarily on Sony's systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom