• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What virtual console titles would you like to see on the WiiU and why?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Warriors games
Koei makes all the Musou franchise games to my knowledge, many on multiple platforms (PS2, Xbox), so they probably have the ability to port older ones to VC depending on contracts. I'd think something would be manageable.
Is getting a Japanese Wii U worth it?
As far as for RPGs, I'm not the best person to ask, but if you're hardcore into those franchises, then maybe.

I considered Xenoblade X, but I'm still unsure if I'm even interested in it. Another concern I have with that is online play. I don't know enough Japanese to feel confident playing with mostly Japanese people, but I also don't even know if that is an essential part of the game like it probably is in the MMO Dragon Quest X.

Might have to wait a lot longer for SMT x FE to be localized, so it could be worth it for that one if you're really into it.

My JP Wii U games other than ZM and HW are Bayonetta/2, Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (Wet Crow/Raven Hair Shrine Maiden or Oracle of the Sodden Raven-no one knows the real translation for sure-), Marvelous: Mōhitotsu no Takarajima (Another Treasure Island) and Rodea the Sky Soldier. Haven't played the Wii U version of Rodea yet, because I'm still working on the Wii version, but all of the games are great so to me it's been worth it.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Banjo-Kazooie is never happening because Microsoft owns the IP. Which is unfortunate, but it was one of my favorite N64 titles. I'd primarily like to see first-party games that were never released on the Wii Virtual Console, including Mario Party 3, Pilotwings 64, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Yoshi's Safari, and the SNES version of Wario's Woods. I'd also like to see more DS games. My top priorities right now are Super Princess Peach and Kirby: Canvas Curse.
Yeah good point about B-K, it's a shame. I'd be interested in Kirby: Canvas Curse. I never used to touch games like Kirby or Donkey Kong for some reason... Now I find myself looking for every version of every game trying to find and complete them.
Zero Mission was the first game I played when I got my Japan Wii U during the wait for Hyrule Warriors. Ended up being worth the wait to get the console just to play Hyrule Warriors a month early, because I put over 70 hours in that game alone and got my content creation started.

Speaking of Warriors, how about old Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games on VC?
Yes I would like to try out some Warriors games. Hyrule Warriors was my first and it made me want to try out others.

Mariobro

Inkling
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
I'd really enjoy it if Super Mario RPG came to VC. It was on the Wii's VC, but I don't have a classic controller and they're kinda hard to find now.
It'll probably never happen though, due to Square being involved with it. Who knows, I guess.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I'd really enjoy it if Super Mario RPG came to VC. It was on the Wii's VC, but I don't have a classic controller and they're kinda hard to find now.
It'll probably never happen though, due to Square being involved with it. Who knows, I guess.
The Wii U is backwards compatible with all Wii games, including the digital games. You can still access the Wii Shop Channel on a Wii U via Wii mode. You just go to Wii mode "tile" on your Wii U and it will boot as if it was a Wii. Then you can go to the Shop Channel, you can add funds, and you can buy any games that were available on there. You also have to boot up Wii mode to play the games you buy on the Shop Channel. Also, if you have a Wii with VC games, you could always just transfer over your data so you can play the games you have already bought to your Wii U.

Last edited:

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I would like to see GameCube games make their way to the virtual console. The idea was thown around quite a bit in the past, but it was never actually done. I would really like to play GameCube games on th Wii U because my GameCube won't last forever. I want to keep it alive for as long as I can.

As for what games in specific, I wouldn't mind seeing F-Zero GX make an appearance. Mario Kart 8 has been teasing us with things from F-Zero in the form of DLC. Since Nintendo is showing off F-Zero again, adding it to the virtual console would really familiarize other people with what they missed in th past.

I would also like to see Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It's my favorite Paper Mario game to date, and I haven't been able to play it a whole lot because I no longer have possession of a disk. I really want to play this game again, and many other people would like to as well, so it would be silly for Nintendo to not give this a virtual console release.

GameCube virtual console is probably not happening, sadly.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
I would like to see GameCube games make their way to the virtual console. The idea was thown around quite a bit in the past, but it was never actually done. I would really like to play GameCube games on th Wii U because my GameCube won't last forever. I want to keep it alive for as long as I can.

As for what games in specific, I wouldn't mind seeing F-Zero GX make an appearance. Mario Kart 8 has been teasing us with things from F-Zero in the form of DLC. Since Nintendo is showing off F-Zero again, adding it to the virtual console would really familiarize other people with what they missed in th past.

I would also like to see Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It's my favorite Paper Mario game to date, and I haven't been able to play it a whole lot because I no longer have possession of a disk. I really want to play this game again, and many other people would like to as well, so it would be silly for Nintendo to not give this a virtual console release.

GameCube virtual console is probably not happening, sadly.

Some excellent games there. I'd also like to play the GCN Fire Emblem. It's so rare and sells for like over £100 on eBay, I just can't justify it. Unfortunately, so many GCN games get so rare and just go for ridiculous prices on sites like eBay... would love a GCN VC just for that purpose.

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
If we're on the subject of GBC games on VC, Mario Strikers is toats what I would buy and play all the time.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Also, Kirby Air Ride is a great gamecube game, if only for the city trial mode.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'd love love love to see fire emblem path of radiance on vc, it's a great game that is sadly impossible to find for a reasonable price. Throw in fire emblem radiant dawn for the hell of it as a two pack and it'd be beautiful.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Mother 3.
I'm playing Earthbound Beginnings right now and it's so good. I've also got Earthbound lined up in the hope that by the time I finish both these very long games, we'll have Mother 3.

C'mon Reggie, give us Mother 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom