• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What was your favorite thing about Splatoon 2?

Agent_1000008

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-6179-1796
Splatoon 3 is around the corner, so let's look at the things we liked about the past game.

If I had to pick one thing, it'd have to be the DLC Octo Expansion and its storyline. Nintendo went out of the Inkling focus and took a look at the Octolings point of view and threw a human creation in there as well. With yourself playing as an Octobg, it takes a new perspective of gameplay, not one you'd think would happen.

Second, the new weapons. I don't use very many weapons other than my N'Zap 89 anymore, but the year before I started, I used about everything. I enjoyed (most of all) the weaponry.

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Cephalobro

I liked that the Octo Expansion story gave us the point of view of an Octoling, especially when said Octoling had Octarian friends and apologizes to DJ Octavio. Honestly, anything that makes the Octarians as a whole more dynamic and less 1-Dimensional is something I will always welcome. Heck I made a few OCs focusing on making Octarians, in general, having a lot more personalities other than "just following orders".

Agent_1000008

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-6179-1796
Nice! I've got quite a few Octarian ocs myself, and having them throws a different twist to whatever I'm doing. May that be writing, draw, or role-playing, they're always fun to use. It definitely brought something different, a change that really brought the storyline to life

Cephalobro

Hopefully, Splatoon 3 finally allows all Octarian subspecies to live in the same city as Inklings, possibly as NPCs that walk around once the story mode is completed much like the Jellyfish, heck they could even make the Octarians all match an ink color that's available in the game, much like how Jellyfish could be seen wearing various shirts.

Agent_1000008

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-6179-1796
That'd be fun to see. It's nice to know that Octarians aren't getting the bad guy slot anymore, it needed a bit of a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom