• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What will be the first thing you do?

What will you do?

• Go to Local Multiplayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blank564

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Blank564
Pretty much this. Although it depends how long it takes for rank 10, but I'd want to contribute to the unlocking of the ranked battles :)
Can we not level up in single player? I thought we could... I would normally do single player first, but I would also like to contribute to getting the ranked battles asap.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Don't worry I got that but I'll get the game the night of the 29th so I expect it to be unlocked by then.
Can we not level up in single player? I thought we could... I would normally do single player first, but I would also like to contribute to getting the ranked battles asap.
You can unlock weapon varients in single player I believe, but rank is not affected I sure of.

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
You can unlock weapon varients in single player I believe, but rank is not affected I sure of.
Yeah, in single player you unlock weapons to buy at the shop, as well as upgrading your single player gear, you can't use any gear from multiplayer in single player and vice versa.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Unless I am mistaken you only get...um...lets just say Gold, it's a yellow coin with a G on it..in multiplayer, and they have said that what you can buy in the shops is determined by your level, which is again tied to multiplayer. You get a different currency in single player that buys single-player only upgrades. That is why I am going to go to the stores, figure out how much money I need to buy the first few things I want, go to multi and get that money, buy those things, and then...something. So I can't answer the poll very well.

Blank564

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Blank564
Dang, well, looks I'll be playing mostly online with a few single player levels here and there.

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
I'd be checking a lot into the plaza area...mostly because it's based off Shibuya in a lot of ways. x3

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Gonna explore the plaza first, then go right into multiplayer, will do single player while my family is asleep.

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
Like most others here, I'll probably get to LVL 10 before doing the single player stuff.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
If my friends online I'll probably play with him, but if not I'lll probably just rush the story mode.

Lefty

Nice la~
Multiplayer all the way. Not gonna stop for days, and then maybe check out the singleplayer later. You know that saying, "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was"?

Ya

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
Try multiplayer to level ten, then start single player.
I hope to start speedrunning single player, but I don't know how the rules of racing that will work. Like does the gear we use for multiplayer carry over, and what about our gear? If you can take in your own gear, what's allowed?

All this we can figure out quickly once the games out.

AceArcherArcane

Inkling
Going straight to multiplayer and not stopping 'til I reach level 10 ready for when ranked battle is available. Then I'll do some shopping check out the plaza and do some single player while I'm waiting.

Ellocus

Senior Squid
NNID
rebellocus
does the gear we use for multiplayer carry over, and what about our gear? If you can take in your own gear, what's allowed?

All this we can figure out quickly once the games out.
That information is available now. Gear in singleplayer and multiplayer are separate.You upgrade gear/abilities with the salmon eggs in single player. The only sort of cross over between the two is that certain levels (bosses?) will unlock gear for you to use in multiplayer (think you have to buy them from the shop first)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm going to go through single play, get all the scrolls, then go to multiplayer.

Not only am I hyped for single player, it makes sense after all. I will have plenty of time to do multiplayer, I just need to get Single player out of the way as soon as possible with all the leaks and spoilers about.

Chikouu

Inkling
NNID
Chikouu
Will most likely first explore the plaza and shops, do some singleplayer levels just to get the feel for the motion controls (i mostly played with it turned off in the testfire as i was maining the roller), jump into the the multiplayer and reach lvl 10 as soon as possible, and then either try to finish the singleplayer mode OR do the amiibo challenges (i'm getting all three at once)

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
Going to explore and get acquainted where everything is, play a bit of singleplayer, go back to shop and get a decent loadout, then steamroll the multiplayer.

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
Yeah, in single player you unlock weapons to buy at the shop, as well as upgrading your single player gear, you can't use any gear from multiplayer in single player and vice versa.
Really? In which case, I'm joining the "Multiplayer, Get to Level 10, then Single Player" group.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will explore the game (menus, Inkopolis Plaza, etc) and I don't know what I will do after.

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
Multiplayer for sure.

Really can't wait to get back into things!

Although, if we have a little cash to begin with in the game, I may check out the plaza/shops first for some gear... ; )

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Go explore the plaza, single player to get in control of the game again, buy weapons/clothes, then online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom