• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What would you like to see in the next big update

What would you like in the next big update

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
If you're talking stage selection, actually there kind of is a reason to limit, since the matching in this game is based on a random queue system and not a lobby system, the game has to dictate the rules in order for it to be fair and impartial. That's why we have Private Battle with completely customization options since that is a lobby system.
No they're talking about why I put a limit of 3 on the poll and not
Forgot a couple of things.

1. Regional Servers (The Japanese are extremely aggressive and lag to many players, give us an option to just play with people from our own country)
2. More Music (I love the music in this game and having more would be great. Hideki Naganuma has shown interest in Splatoon and wouldn't it be great to get him on board?)
3. More Splatfest Music (Having a grand total of one song for 24 hours is not smart not matter how catchy it is.)
4. More than two stages in rotation. (I don't need to explain this one)
I already have regional servers and music

Splatfest music would be useful and more than 2 stages is good too

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I already have regional servers and music

Splatfest music would be useful and more than 2 stages is good too
Oh, I wasn't talking about you forgetting about the options. I was talking about ME forgetting about those in my original post. Sorry for the confusion! My English can be a bit confusing. I edited the post so no one gets confused.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Oh, I wasn't talking about you forgetting about the options. I was talking about ME forgetting about those in my original post. Sorry for the confusion! My English can be a bit confusing. I edited the post so no one gets confused.
Oh no it's fine humans make mistakes

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I let people choose three because I wanted to see which ones were the most popular and the ones you wanted the MOST anyways octolings would have new hairstyles but pants ye I agree
1) No, I meant new Inkling hairstyles. Didn't mean to utter anything about Octolings.
2) Well, the question on the poll does not ask what we want the most, just what we want, period. Besides, there's still no reason to put a limit because the votes do not do anything except show who likes what, that's it. If you can't vote for more than 3 things that you like, it'll get people thinking that you don't care about stuff that you indeed like in favor of other stuff just because you like that stuff more.
3) Unfortunately, since you disabled revoting, I only have one vote in, and I can't vote for anymore stuff. You might want to re-enable vote changing.
4) Try not to double post. There's an edit button.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
1.) what like Marie's hairstyle lol

2.)ye you should have seen the post earlier I only enabled people to choose one smh..
And I'm not adding anymore than three period

3.)I'll take that into consideration

4.) can't be bothered

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
I think that they should focus on changing some things first to make the game more convenient before adding new content (like adding voice chat between friends, replays, and spectator mode).

But I love the music in Splatoon, so I wouldn't complain if they added more music! And who wouldn't want to play as an Octoling?

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
Why not all of the above? Is it too much to ask that we be as fresh as we can?
Good idea but I personally think that they should totally do that but in small bursts. Small updates. Am I the only one who is willing to wait 5 minutes every week or 2?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Good idea but I personally think that they should totally do that but in small bursts. Small updates. Am I the only one who is willing to wait 5 minutes every week or 2?
I guess being subtle was too subtle here. ;)

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
1.) what like Marie's hairstyle lol

2.)ye you should have seen the post earlier I only enabled people to choose one smh..
And I'm not adding anymore than three period

3.)I'll take that into consideration

4.) can't be bothered
1) No, I mean NEW hairstyles. Where did Marie come from?
2) Why do you disagree with my criticism? I'd rather get an explanation for why than just hear "I will not do that, period." Besides, when people first enter the topic, they WILL see the poll first, not try to do dig through the topic for your post and just ignore the poll for now.
4) Well, then be bothered, because double posting is against the rules here. You did read the board's rules, right?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
1) No, I mean NEW hairstyles. Where did Marie come from?
2) Why do you disagree with my criticism? I'd rather get an explanation for why than just hear "I will not do that, period." Besides, when people first enter the topic, they WILL see the poll first, not try to do dig through the topic for your post and just ignore the poll for now.
4) Well, then be bothered, because double posting is against the rules here. You did read the board's rules, right?

1 .) how would the inklings hairstyles work ya know the tentacles

2.) here's your explanation
I created the poll and I've taken already a lot of people's ideas and added them, I wanted to make it three choices because I don't want people clicking them all just the top three the ones that they would want to see more than the others

I created the poll and I've taken already a lot of people's ideas and added them, I wanted to make it three choices because I don't want people clicking them all just the top three the ones that they would want to see more than the others
4.) yes I did see. And I saw that one too in my opinion it hats even worse than the rules of miiverse lmao

Anyway I want trying to double post I was summarizing what the poll was asking for just in case people didn't inderstand

I think that they should focus on changing some things first to make the game more convenient before adding new content (like adding voice chat between friends, replays, and spectator mode).

But I love the music in Splatoon, so I wouldn't complain if they added more music! And who wouldn't want to play as an Octoling?
Probably my favorite answer ye define fly content should wait before gameplay is improved

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
I've seen so many creative hair styles done by artists with Inkling and Octoling OCs that I doubt it's a creative wall stopping them from implementing it, so much as a latency issue. Same goes for a pants shop. It's suddenly another chunk of player info it has to process on top of everything it already does.

It's totally possible, but Nintendo would need to work on the servers for it to work without creating a bunch of lag for everyone involved.

I think we may have to wait for Splatoon 2 for that kind of stuff, but I could be wrong.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
What I really want in splatoon is more subs, specials and abilitys, a new sub could be a kind of reverse disruptor that buffs your teammates if it hits them, a new special could be to give everyone on your team unlimited ink for a short amount of time, and new abilitys could include an ability like haunt, which disrupts enemys when they splat you and a charger exclusive ability which makes your lazer sight invisible to enemys in return dor a longer char

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777

1) What do you mean, work? It wouldn't be hard to restyle the tentacles into a new hairstyle for the game. Look around for Splatoon fanart, and you'll see a good amount of people who thought up of new hairstyles while keeping in mind the limit of 10 limbs. My avatar is one example.

2) Ehh... Well, if you're insistent on this, I'll let you go, but I still disagree.

4) Well, the reason why double posting is against the rules is because it clutters up the topic. So, whenever there's double posting, it's gotta be cleaned up ASAP. Squidboard's rules are very understandable and not corrupt. You may not want to keep double posting if you even want to keep posting on this board at all. Why do you think the rules are so bad, anyways?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
1.) if I'm honest I really love your profile pic and the hair

2.) ok then

3. Between you and me I may or may not have read the rules lol

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
We need more social/interactive features with randoms. It will expand the longevity of the game and tops any other feature imo.
- A way to sell gear or trade to others (most needed feature)
- We can text chat with randoms in animal crossing, I'd love that here for the plaza, along with emotions
- Definitely other things to do besides battling. Like meeting up at the cafe or your apartment. (The animal crossing developer worked on Splatoon, so I can hope)

Also would like better local multiplayer, like split screen online, or 2v2 turf wars.

More gear and weapons would be nice but won't add much to the game, we already have tons of gear/maps/weapons.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Really, the only thing holding splatoon back is no spectator mode, add that and it's golden, everything else after that seems secondary/nitpicky

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I'm fine with anything so long as it ISNT more amiibos. I seriously hate those things.

Mostly though, I'd like the playable Octolings, and new maps. The more maps there are, the less chances of Moray or Arrowana being up at any particular time. I'm so tired of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom