What's been your favorite/most memorable season so far?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
For me I'd say Sizzle season 2023. I feel like that was when hype was at its peak (at least in my circles) and we got challenges added, the music was great, the new salmon map was one of my favorites, and a lot of weapon kits I still like. I also just prefer the lighter/summer-style clothing so that was nice. I think I just also have the fondest memories of it because that was when I really started getting comfortable with anarchy modes and feeling like I was really making progress.

Honorable mention goes to Chill Season 2022 though, just because the hype was so intense for that one, being the first new season since release. It felt like everyone was in such good spirits and I've never had so many over-enthusiastic lobby squidparties. Just good times.

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I have a lot of fondness for Fresh Season 2023, as it’s the first season I was around for the build up to release for. It was also when I played every weapon to one star freshness, which was such a fun journey going through over seventy weapons for the first time.

Drizzle Season 2023 is also up there, due to both of the maps added being really fun, and two of my favorite splatfests happening that season.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Sizzle season 2023 for sure. It's the season with my favourite kits overall, the new maps were pretty cool, challenges were a bit meh but they were still a nice addition. I really started to get more involved in the game too around that time. I love the new music, the summer vibes, the hype, and competitively the game was in a really exciting spot as everyone was kind of figuring out this cooler business.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
The amount of adrenaline I get from the opening notes of Ska-Blam in the Sizzle Season 2023 makes it hands down my favorite.

NumberOneAries

Octo With Jazz
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
My most memorable time with this game has been the first 3 seasons just bc I had a friend I'd play with.

However Sizzle Season '23 was peak Splatoon time ngl

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
For me it was Chill Season 2022. They added what would effectively become my main weapon for a while in Tentatek Splattershot which was kind of a set of training wheels for me as I got used to Splatoon gameplay after having not played it for many years. I liked Wiper but wasn't good enough at the game to find it easy like I do now, so it was nice having something to use in the meantime before I got better.

I also had an even less favorable opinion of the game's maps than I do now so playing Flounder Heights on the first day really was something special. They fixed the biggest problem I had with the map, that being that it was too slow to get everywhere. It has so many approach options to mid, which made it feel like such a huge breath of fresh air for a game where all of the maps felt as restrictive as they did. I wasn't a fan of MakoMart at the time either so this kind of opened my eyes to how good maps could be even if I have a lot of problems with it nowadays.

Also in general was my first taste ever of what "new season hype" was like, seeing all of the stuff they showed and speculating on all of it. This game has been about rediscovering Splatoon 1 for me and being here for that season and every one that followed has been really cool.

NumberOneAries

Octo With Jazz
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
For me it was Chill Season 2022. They added what would effectively become my main weapon for a while in Tentatek Splattershot which was kind of a set of training wheels for me as I got used to Splatoon gameplay after having not played it for many years. I liked Wiper but wasn't good enough at the game to find it easy like I do now, so it was nice having something to use in the meantime before I got better.

I also had an even less favorable opinion of the game's maps than I do now so playing Flounder Heights on the first day really was something special. They fixed the biggest problem I had with the map, that being that it was too slow to get everywhere. It has so many approach options to mid, which made it feel like such a huge breath of fresh air for a game where all of the maps felt as restrictive as they did. I wasn't a fan of MakoMart at the time either so this kind of opened my eyes to how good maps could be even if I have a lot of problems with it nowadays.

Also in general was my first taste ever of what "new season hype" was like, seeing all of the stuff they showed and speculating on all of it. This game has been about rediscovering Splatoon 1 for me and being here for that season and every one that followed has been really cool.
Omg I forgot about Chill Season!! That's when I started maining the Zink mini splatling!! It was my peak before I switched from stick to motion controls. I almost got 5 stars before I switched.

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Chill Season 2022 was my favorite, it was such a great start. I think I genuinely enjoyed every weapon variant introduced then and I still use many of them. The Nova and Brinewater Springs continue to be among my favorite additions to the game. Overall it added a lot of things that I was nostalgic for in the other games, and thus has become nostalgic in of itself.

(It also happened to be when I'd get my one and only gold banner!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom