• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's everyone's dream kit for their favorite weapon?

NumberOneAries

Octo With Jazz
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
I've seen lots of youtubers talk about this and I'm very curious about what people think, especially for weapons that don't have a second kit yet!

Personally, I main Explosher more than other weapons rn and I lowkey want it to have beacons for a sub and maybe inkjet for a special. I think it'd be very interesting as a kit and would help it's versatility.

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I have some ideas for Sploosh-o-matic
I am dying for Fizzy Bomb to be on Sploosh, it would give the weapon a much needed poking option, and it would make the weapon’s already good paint and object damage even better.
When it comes to specials, I would absolutely love Trizooka or Ultra Stamp (assuming we can ignore pre-existing kits). Trizooka would help with the weapon’s lack of range, and I think Ultra Stamp does synergize well with Sploosh, the special just needs a few meaningful buffs and we’re set.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
I would go for a splattershot with splat bomb and trizooka (then again, there's vshot, but eh, it has suction bomb ...), or a splattershot with splat bomb and kraken royale. Simple.

Deca_mara

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1370-9718-8311
I wish ballpoint would get beacon + any deployable special honestly. Splatoon 2 bpn was amazing and I want access to that playstyle again. And as they don't seem to do S2 repeat kits rain isn't an option but bubble or chumps (after a buff) could be interesting.
However ballpoint isn't really likely to get a third kit...

angelicakuma

Inkster Jr.
Kensa SSP with Splat bomb and triple Inkstrike (or Triple Splashdown) for Splatoon 3 >>>>>>>>>>>

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
Ok not my favorite weapon but if it gets this kit It might become my favorite weapon
Two words Explosher Zipcaster

Just think about the synergy you could panic it to get away from a frontliner running you down
the unique angles you could get
and if all else fails you could combo the main weapon into a zipcaster dive ugh I want it so bad

octo999

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1946-0179-8102
IMG_4295.jpeg

I wanted this since day 1, change my mind

Torp does everything auto does but with the ability to combo at the cost of lethality.

Zooka can be used to deal with backlines or finish of someone who took a hit but ran behind cover (60 charge + 53 indirect)

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
Inkbrush with either autobomb or torpedo (or fizzybomb tbh) + Kraken for a special. Kraken I believe was a special option in splat 1 so there's a connection there, and I think any of the bomb options above would play very nicely with brush: auto for scouting ahead/checking for enemies when sharking or sneakin' around, torpedo for the same with a bit more combat potential, fizzy for additional movement options (which brush doesn't really need but it would be funny)

Jadestrouble

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1483-7141-0247
I *really* want a good painbrush kit. its first kit is OK but isn't particularly designed for it, and its new kit was killed on arrival by missiles.
As far as kits go, heres my thoughts:
Best For The Weapon's Widespread Use:
Sprinkler + Tacticooler
Most Fun For Me:
Torpedo + Booyah Bomb
Most Synergy:
Burst + Killer Wail

I think at the end of the day the sub doesn't matter that much, but burst or torpedo would really strengthen Painbrush's weaknesses. Special matters a lot more and booyah bomb or soda would be the best fit for it. I personally want soda but its pretty unlikely because Dynamo already has soda.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Tri-Stringer with Burst Bomb would be magnificent, fantastic, or beautiful.

Wave Breaker would make it magnificent. The location and combos work very well with the main.
Triple Inkstrike would make it fantastic. The extra paint and hard displacement would serve it nicely.
Ink Storm would make it beautiful. Paint, displacement, chip damage, and team support all in one. There is nothing better.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
posted here earier. my favorite weapon flips around a bunch so i'll just post a bunch of dream kits, both for weapons i actually use and some i would use if they had kits i liked

1707355878574.png

Last edited:

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
glooga deco with fizzy bomb inkjet................. i don't think it's very likely to get it since it's the same as ballpoint but. man..... it would be so fun...........

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
Since stamper got the crab i wanted with the second kit, I would like fizzy with inkjet/zooka for its third kit :)

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
Fizzy/cooler is already great for tri, but it tends to limit me to a more supportive playstyle in comp. But give that sucker a burst bomb and (this might be an odd request) chumps to dance around and it’s an absolute buzzsaw. Alternatively you could give it kraken, the popular option, and I wouldn’t complain about that either.

SolarSpinner

Inkster Jr.
NNID
precious116373
Switch Friend Code
SW-3520-1828-4413
Give me Bp with beakon and Zooka or any fast special (only exception is crab but that doesn't have the same feel as the old s2 playstyle)
Beakon allows bp to be more aggressive and support its teammates in another way, and also encourages more play with the main weapon which is good
Zooka is fast to use (not as fast as deployable but it's okay) and can allow it to open up holes for its teammates or pick off the weapons that out range it to get around its bad matchups
Other deployables minus bubbles are just good fast to use, fast to use specials are always gonna be consistent on Bp (Bubble doesn't synergize well tho bc ballpoint has bad partial charges and really long charge time + long range priming it just isn't threatening at a far enough distance fast enough to get good value from bubble)
Crab is the only transform I'd still take, Crab instead of taking away from the main weapon popping crab would be more of an extension of the main weapon so it's aight

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
Give me Bp with beakon and Zooka or any fast special (only exception is crab but that doesn't have the same feel as the old s2 playstyle)
Beakon allows bp to be more aggressive and support its teammates in another way, and also encourages more play with the main weapon which is good
Zooka is fast to use (not as fast as deployable but it's okay) and can allow it to open up holes for its teammates or pick off the weapons that out range it to get around its bad matchups
Other deployables minus bubbles are just good fast to use, fast to use specials are always gonna be consistent on Bp (Bubble doesn't synergize well tho bc ballpoint has bad partial charges and really long charge time + long range priming it just isn't threatening at a far enough distance fast enough to get good value from bubble)
Crab is the only transform I'd still take, Crab instead of taking away from the main weapon popping crab would be more of an extension of the main weapon so it's aight
Consider beakon cooler as well for deployables :3

SolarSpinner

Inkster Jr.
NNID
precious116373
Switch Friend Code
SW-3520-1828-4413
Consider beakon cooler as well for deployables :3
Cooler Beakon would be really fun but Bps bad long range paint compared to edit or pencil makes me wary, as well as 100% main dependency, stuff like it's object damage bad partials ect will really hit it harder when it's special isn't doing much for it, cooler doesn't actually do much for Bp itself bc it's already a fast weapon with good accuracy anyways
Not to be purely negative 😭 Cooler does sound super fun for Bp don't get me wrong

SkyeTheDemon

Inkling
Pronouns
They/He
Switch Friend Code
SW-5356-4165-6029
my friend olmi posted a possible kits video based off a bunch of replies from folks on his tweet, and one of the kits he showed is my personal favorite of all time which would be if the upcoming glooga (PLEASE NINTENDO I NEED A KIT IT HAS BEEN ALMOST TWO YEARS) to have fizzy kraken :333
1707376527315.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom