• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

whats something that you guys love about Splatoon?

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
I honestly adore splatoon on many levels. But my reasons for adoring this game so dearly are;

-Each matchs are never the same. Since you connect with tons of peoples, you end up with mostly stranger. Which make each match unique ! And as a fun addition, it happened to me a few times to get in the same lobby as a friend after joining their lobby and joining a random one after and still finding them.. Or finding the same person twice ! It's fun~

-Despite the fact we can only play as squids and the gears and weapons aren't as varied as it could be, the choice we have are enough in my opinion and fun to match with anything ! It's also nice that you can change your squid anytime you want

-When i met someone who squidbag and is simply disrespectful, i'm always having a blast winning against them like ''Yaaaaaas be salty ! LMAO !'' <3

-It made me discover this wonderful forum and i adore people on the shoutbox and this forum in general <3 So it's a good thing !

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's a shooter (the only game genre I am good at: I like many others but I SUCK at 'em) with
<<< this <<<
kind of aesthetic.

I grew up playing Halos, RE4, Metroid Primes(kind of a shooter?), and Starwars Battlefront in my shooter line-up.
I love those aesthetics, but Splatoon left me pleasantly surprised from day one!

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Creative gameplay (most original shooter I've seen in my life I'd say), hiding in ink and popping out (lots of great colour too, yet never annoying to look at, good aesthetic) outstanding flow, smooth movement, insane comebacks, insane dominations, fun modes that rotate so it (usually) doesn't stay the same, carrying people, nice skill curve, before gear hacking clothes were really fun to collect, doesn't have blood and fire explosions everywhere, yeah that's it I think. Also, the community seems fairly intelligent as opposed to random acronyms and exclamation marks everywhere: "LMFAO LOL JAJAJA!!! NUB"

Bad: Losing points due to D/Cs, 1p mode, battle dojo, no more night mode maps, no solely regional play in queues (have to play Japan mostly)

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Creative gameplay (most original shooter I've seen in my life I'd say), hiding in ink and popping out (lots of great colour too, yet never annoying to look at, good aesthetic) outstanding flow, smooth movement, insane comebacks, insane dominations, fun modes that rotate so it (usually) doesn't stay the same, carrying people, nice skill curve, before gear hacking clothes were really fun to collect, doesn't have blood and fire explosions everywhere, yeah that's it I think. Also, the community seems fairly intelligent as opposed to random acronyms and exclamation marks everywhere: "LMFAO LOL JAJAJA!!! NUB"

Bad: Losing points due to D/Cs, 1p mode, battle dojo, no more night mode maps, no solely regional play in queues (have to play Japan mostly)
Honestly same, but for another positive, the variety of weapons in this game is amazing.
And for another negative, the random Spyke re-rolls. Honestly the gear system in this game is beyond broken.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I definitely like the overall aesthetic and character designs.

I can't stand the lack of gamemodes and some basic functionality from other shooters.

stream26

Inkling
I play Splatoon, since few weeks now. In two days I finished the ”solo mode” and was pretty sad… The game didn’t take me long to finish Even though I LOOOVVE SPLATOON sooo much ! this fact maked me sad.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
My most favorite thing that grabbed me about Splatoon was it's music. A friend of mine came to me with the Calamari Inkantation song and I was really digging it, and I was never into one, particular genre, as I have favorites everywhere. And I listened to it every so often before getting a Wii U and getting the music on my Ipod.

My least favorite thing? I would say how the things connect to matches, to the little bit of lag, and the whole game goes out that it lags badly and it disconnects you.

Love the game overall.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I play Splatoon, since few weeks now. In two days I finished the ”solo mode” and was pretty sad… The game didn’t take me long to finish Even though I LOOOVVE SPLATOON sooo much ! this fact maked me sad.
You know there's a multiplayer portion right? So you can play to your heart's content. ;)

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
I like being set up with a random team, having to accomplish a goal and rapidly assessing and re assessing roles and needs. in my line of work (firefighting) it is important to know the strengths and weaknesses of the crews you are working with and adjust tactics accordingly.

mar¡

Inkling
I like the thrill.
Thrill? What?
Well yeah. Escaping near death, killing a person before they kill you, recalculating options when a flank goes wrong, performing different strategies to push in the last 20 seconds and hope the other team is distracted enough not to notice your point hoarding.

There's so much going on at one time. You have to keep a mental note of where enemies are/can be and remain cautious of your distance between enemy ink and corners (rollers gonna getcha).

And of course, the squid parties. Can't get enough of them.

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
The whole game is an absolute masterpiece! From gameplay to music and artwork, everything is so unique and well thought.
Splatoon will stay as one of my favourite games for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom