What's the best and worst sub weapon?

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
While I think all the subs have their uses, Point sensor is probably the hardest to execute because it's hard to get someone tagged due to the obvious explosion. If you want to get someone tagged without having to ink the ground, wear a shirt with Haunt on it. Point sensors should work more like bombs if they're going to be a formidable sub

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Depends on your main weapon. Subs and specials should cover your main's weaknesses.

For instance, the best sub for a Charger in my opinion are Burst Bombs. Their effectiveness in short range combat helps make up for the fact that your uncharged shots are terrible. To this end, Splat Bombs and Suction Bombs aren't as useful because they're too slow to save you in that type of situation.

But then things like the Ink Mine and Squid Beakons would be weak, too, because they don't even begin to address any of your issues.

I guess it's not possible to name a "worst" sub for a weapon. Anything that isn't the "best" fit would leave open too many weaknesses.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
While I think all the subs have their uses, Point sensor is probably the hardest to execute because it's hard to get someone tagged due to the obvious explosion. If you want to get someone tagged without having to ink the ground, wear a shirt with Haunt on it. Point sensors should work more like bombs if they're going to be a formidable sub
They should combine the Point Sensor and the Disrupter. Separate I have no interest in using either over my other options, but together they would be pretty appealing...

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
It depends a lot on the mode you´re playing and the weapon you´re using (I love sprinklers with chargers but not really use them much with rollers), but one sub I love is the suction bomb, specially with a roller. Apart from it´s obvious power, range and intimidation to the opponent, it helps a lot to paint vertical surfaces from a distance so it helps you in all facets of the game.

I´m not a fun of disruptor or point sensor, I haven´t almost used them and I dig more other options.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Best: Hard choice here... I'm gonna go for suction bomb for being a good area denial tool that is also decent at killing stuff.

Worst: Gonna go for burst bomb here, Cheap at cost but rather weak and unreliable to get a kill with...

But overall there isn't a sub that dominate or a oanother that is useless, They are all decent in general.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Worst: Gonna go for burst bomb here, Cheap at cost but rather weak and unreliable to get a kill with...

I would argue that they're pretty well balanced. Yeah, they're not one hit kills like other Bombs - but I've found them indispensable on a Charger. I hate using other subs now. I've gotten a fair amount of trades that would otherwise be just me being splatted, and sometimes I still come out alive.

But you're right in that they're narrow usage. I rarely throw them anywhere but my feet. But with the Point Sensor and Disrupter dealing no damage and spreading no ink... You're reasoning for the Suction Bomb being strong makes Burst Bombs superior to them because those two are focused SOLELY on combat and the Burst Bomb can be used to scale walls, paint areas etc.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Best: Splat Bombs, Sprinklers, and Splash Walls have the most utility in my experience, with smart use of them allowing a team to really control the battle.
Worst: Point Sensors. While it does certainly have a useful effect, how it is used leaves something to be desired. While it's true you can lob it around corners or tag suspect areas with it, many weapons that have it have better options.(Blaster Custom in particular) And let's face it, Echolocater is far more effective, and most weapons that have it can charge it easily, and both are just as neutered by Cold Blooded.

The rest are in a hazy middle area, varying in effectiveness based on map, weapon attached to, and what loadouts the bad guys are rolling with.

Zulehan

Inkling
Since I am addicted to the T. Splattershot, obviously the Suction Bomb. But as for what other sub-weapon I would like, definitely the Sprinkler because it is the gift that keeps on giving. As for worst, I do not think any of them are bad.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
For me the best sub weapon has been the suction bomb and I love it with the splash-o-matic and its bomb rush special. Point sensor is the worst and made worse by the recon ability and the echolocator special.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
Sprinkler tends to get a lot done for me whenever a weapon comes with it, most notably when I use the Inkbrush. Other subs are okay, but if I have a sprinkler I'm always looking for a time to use it.

Burst Bomb makes me groan, I understand it's purpose, but usually "shoot them" feels like the easier and effective option whenever someone gets in range.

Justice Killer

Inkling
NNID
Justicist
Best: Sprinkler, I love leaving it while i go cover somewhere else.Its the best when someone accidentally gets splatted by one.

Worst: Ink mine. Not extremely efficient if people shoot into it first or it goes off too soon.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Best: Sprinkler. It is very versatile, as it can spread turf while you are away from somewhere, help charge a special, serve as an offensive weapon, and distract opponents. Some areas even allow you to place them high above combat, to keep inking an area while keeping it away from foes.

Worst: Point Sensor. Very situational, as the effect lasts a short time, and most squids can be found by ink ripples. Throwing one often puts you in danger and only scans a small bit. Only good against fleeing opponents and Ninja Squid users, which I still find the Disruptor a better option.

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
Best definitely depends on the situation, as most are quite useful at the right time.

The weakest I would say is seeker. Using the new squiffer, I've found ink mines to be very useful for the squiffer in a few ways in addition to tower control: Covering your blind spots (if you hear the mine go off, someone is coming down that entrance that you laid it), area denial and creating space (staying a few yards behind your mine can help prevent people trying to ink/swim up to you, like rollers and short-range weapons), and laying one at your feet can prevent you from getting stuck in ink when being shot at, since the mine will go off and create a fairly large friendly ink circle that you can escape from.

Comet Knight

Inkling
NNID
Ben.Y32
Switch Friend Code
SW-4425-2455-3224
I don't think there is a best or worst, they are all useful for at least something, and sometimes some subs are better in certain game modes.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Even the worse ones have use. Ink Mines can be good for stalling enemies or trying to take a melee attack, Point Sensors can help clear areas and scan for surprises, and Seekers can be a good surprise weapon or trip up people with bad jump timing.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Best: Suction Bombs or Splash Wall. Out of all the bombs, suction bomb is easily the best. You can literally throw it anywhere and it just stops people in it's tracks. Splash wall is also incredible on so many maps that have narrow chokepoints (ex: Urchin/Port). However the wall still works outside of chokepointed areas, and you can just throw it out if you're losing a fight.

Pretty good: Point Sensor/Burst BombsI personally think Point sensor is extremely underrated. You can practically spam point sensor, as it only costs 1/3? (not sure exact measurement) of your ink tank. You never have to worry about someone hiding in enemy ink, as you can just throw out a point sensor. It literally makes it impossible for someone to jump at you from a corner. Plus, even if you don't get the kill, if your team has a sniper it's super easy for them to pick it off. Even if no one on your team kills said person, they still constantly know where he/she is for 20? seconds. Burst bombs: E-liter. Do I need to say more? . Edit: Forgot Sprinkler, which is kinda self explanatory.

Map dependent: Squid beacons. Some maps (ex: Saltspray Rig) makes beacons so incredible that I wish Nintendo nerfed it significantly. On the other hand some maps like Port Mackeral has no good beacon placements.

Worst: Splat bombs. Splat bombs are simply outclassed by Suction bombs, Burst Bombs, and Ink mines. Burst bombs are amazing for close quarters combat, and you can even pick off people who try to run away. Ink mines can occasionally guarantee a trade in close quarters fight, and kill off unsuspecting people down a narrow hallway. Splat bombs can bounce off walls, which is nice, but it can also work against you. Somewhere like BlackBelly has railings that deflect the bomb in an unfavorable way.

PencilManners

Inkling
NNID
Pencil
Best: Tie between sprinkler and splash walls, the sprinkler mainly serves to spread more ink but it can also be used as a distraction and can even kill people if placed properly, the splash walls are very handy in a one on one fights as well as on choke points to the point that I might consider it OP although it could prbably be countered by some well placed splat/suction bombs and throwing a wall is much more restrictive compared to other subs (it will always move a certain distance before deploying s you can just throw it at your feet in a pinch).

Worst: Burst bombs, they just don't have the killing potential that the other bombs have, spread very little ink and you can only throw a couple before your out of ink.

Note: I find the point sensor to be quite useful against enemies that often dive into their ink in firefights, probably because it's hard enough for me to see enemies move in their ink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom