What's the Deal With the Café?

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Maybe if they use it, it could also double as a secret pants store. Because that would make sense, right? RIGHT!?
I'll never understand why squids want pants. We have these cool-as-hell compression shorts.

Bippzy

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7508-4027-9894
I'll never understand why squids want pants. We have these cool-as-hell compression shorts.
My argument was always because we have tops like flannels and jackets and whatnot that just look stupid with shorts. If we can't have a pants shop they could at least let us change between shorts and longer pants purely for making an outfit look more cohesive.

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
My argument was always because we have tops like flannels and jackets and whatnot that just look stupid with shorts. If we can't have a pants shop they could at least let us change between shorts and longer pants purely for making an outfit look more cohesive.
In a weird way, I think some of those look kind of adorable with the shorts, but I agree about getting some pants option. It just seems weird that it's the only piece of clothing that can't be customized.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
In a weird way, I think some of those look kind of adorable with the shorts, but I agree about getting some pants option. It just seems weird that it's the only piece of clothing that can't be customized.
I'd really love to see more customization in general. More hairstyles, different eye shapes, (scope marie, how her eyes are a little slanted) different ears, (with jewelry) and I'm 100% down for playable Octolings.

D

Deleted Member

or the entrance is already there but doesn't open.
There is no entrance zone. I've gotten inside using the out-of-bounds glitch.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkNZX9dgQ

1) The floor of the Cafe is higher than the ground outside, so I don't know how a door woukd work without adding steps or a slope, or lowering the floor.
2) As seen in the picture, there are no collision properties inside the Cafe.

Nonetheless, I hope the Cafe will be used in a later update.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
There is no entrance zone. I've gotten inside using the out-of-bounds glitch.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkNZX9dgQ

1) The floor of the Cafe is higher than the ground outside, so I don't know how a door woukd work without adding steps or a slope, or lowering the floor.
2) As seen in the picture, there are no collision properties inside the Cafe.

Nonetheless, I hope the Cafe will be used in a later update.
Interesting to note, but I don't think the lack of collision data's relevant. Cuz, like, there isn't collision in the shops either, right?

D

Deleted Member

Interesting to note, but I don't think the lack of collision data's relevant. Cuz, like, there isn't collision in the shops either, right?
Right. The insides of the shops don't have collision either, so this doesn't mean anything.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Right. The insides of the shops don't have collision either, so this doesn't mean anything.
I'm not neccessarilly saying that. It's just that if this buiding serves a similar function to the shops, they would probably program it in a similar way.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I think it would be cool if it was sorf of like a teamspeak. Basically people are sitting at tables and you can just go and join in on any conversation.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think it's just there for decoration, but you certainly have a very neat idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom