What's The Worst Team You've Ever Gotten Matched With?

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Sometimes, it really is your team's fault.
I think that mine would have to be the time I got paired up with a team of 3 chargers and I was the only one with a different weapon (Hero Shot Replica). Not to mention the fact that none of these chargers ever used the charging aspect. They all just charged head first into the fray and tried to shoot the thing like a rapid fire gun. We got curbstomped to death.

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
I don't remember who would be my worst, I've had some bad ones here and there, but it's usually only one or two people that are a problem. Most recently, I was playing Turf Wars, and there were two people, I'm assuming friends outside the game, who would spam "Booyah" and "This Way!" the entire match, and basically spent most of their time squid partying. At least when one of them was on the other team, they were an easy target. I had several matches with them. Not really the worst, but extremely annoying. At least it wasn't in ranked.

dishwasher

Full Squid
Worst team I had was in Rainmaker and I was A at the time, so for people who should have known how to play, we got stomped in a ridiculously short time. When the match started, I was the only one to beeline for the rainmaker with the other 3 covering turf in our base. I ended up spamming "This way!" when they had the rainmaker, and when I checked my map, 1 was dead (which I don't understand because none of them encountered the enemy team) and the other 2 were turfing towards the enemy's spawn. That was by far the worst I've been knocked out as well.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Don't know about worst ever but felt the shame of loosing a 4 v 3 last night.. I was about 400 points above #2 on my team and the other 2 barely broke 200 each.. How is it even possible to score that few points with a roller and splattershot pro in turf war?? At my sloppyest most not even trying state i never dip below 500. It was really bad.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Other than squid partiers and feet-shooters, the worst I got was in a Salmon Run. It was low tide, and I and one other player immediately went the right way, shouting "This Way!" A little while in, I noticed the other two were nowhere to be found. Then I noticed they were dead. A minute later, I finally saw them, limping their way over to the correct side of the map. Apparently they'd gone in exactly the wrong direction and immediately drowned. And then we all died as I turned around and tried to reach them.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Ooh man, tell me about it!

In the past few rainmaker games, there was this really garbage player named Elecmaw, who kept having 1/2 kd ratios or worse! Despite him having a Heavy Splatling, he still couldn't splat people in a straight corridor and left the entire map uninked! What a loser!

Yayxiamon45

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-4804-6841-0508
There was this one match we're one of my teammates head was spinning, it was really odd on the map it showed him going in circles, we still won tho (ayyy)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I see the worst when doing league duos. You'll get paired with people who don't seem to understand the basics of whatever mode. Especially snipers who aren't very good but who also stand in the splat zone to die. I've seen too many of those.

I suppose my most recent "what is happening right now" game was zones on Moray Towers -- ranked. One enterprising octobrush on the other team kept hiding in the ink on OUR SIDE of the neutral area. My teammates would go straight into the zones without cleaning up the ink on our side, and the brush would go up behind them and splat them. Over and over again. I was the only one who tried to clean up the ink on our side, but it was a game of 1v4 most of the time (since my team was always dead).

If you walk into a room, and someone slaps you in the back of the head repeatedly, do you keep standing there or so you look behind you...because maybe someone is there...behind you.

I may have mentioned this already in the salt thread, but come on. It's insanity.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ranked squid partiers. Dozens of them. Match after match. That's all I'm saying.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Ranked squid partiers. Dozens of them. Match after match. That's all I'm saying.
How is this possible? Are they so good at the game that they don't fear God or losing points?

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
I dont mind this, what pisses me most of the world is the weapon winstreak in turf war, why on earth cant i unlock the flags in ranked?! No i have to play ultra random hit or miss turf war only...

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I dont mind this, what pisses me most of the world is the weapon winstreak in turf war, why on earth cant i unlock the flags in ranked?! No i have to play ultra random hit or miss turf war only...
An incentive to keep playing Turf War, I guess. It doesn't even progress in Splatfest. I've been maining Rapid Blaster in Ranked so far and doing quite well with it, but I can't even reach Raw with it in Regular.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
How is this possible? Are they so good at the game that they don't fear God or losing points?
You're relatively new to the forum, so it's an excuse to share my story again. I have a reputation as a party hater because for the longest time on Splatoon 1, I COULDN'T GET AWAY FROM THEM. I actually quit ranked for a couple months because any attempts at progress in the Bs was stymied by partiers, time after time! I miiiiiiiiiiight have zero tolerance for people not playing the game these days.

Miyako

Retro Squid
NNID
Cborne
Switch Friend Code
SW-3362-3097-1624
Most teams are okay despite my complaining to myself (and I've found that unless their team is amazing I can still usually influence the game enough to get that win if I do well), but most of the time my bad teammates are just people that decided to try a charger on ranked (squiffer these days) who haven't taken the time to master it in turf yet.

And there's the one turf game someone had an aero, was connected all match long, and inked 140p or so, but I chalk that up to it being a kid or someone's first game or something. Not really as painful as in ranked, anyway.

Sciryn

Inkling
NNID
GamesterChris
Switch Friend Code
SW-5309-1214-3521
I think the worst team I have had would be the most recent Rainmaker team I had. To start off, Someone on my team disconnected so right off the bat we need to play our best of we even stand a chance. As you might expect, we lost but we put up a good fight, or rather, I put up a good fight. On several occasions, I was the only one on my team that was anywhere near the Rainmaker. In fact, at one point I checked the map to see where my other two teammates were and they were on the OTHER side of the map from where the Rainmaker was, doing who knows what. The only reason we got it as far as we did was cause I was able to push it myself.

CM86

Pro Squid
Splat Zones, S rank, Port Mackerel. I currently main jet squelcher for support. Other three team members were goo tuber, splat charger, and sploosh. Other team was two N-Zaps, tri slosher, tentatek.

The goo tuber spent the whole time trying to use the charge hold gimmick and failed. The sploosh kept doing the same trick every single time and they didn't fall for it. The trick being throw a curling bomb and swim in the ink trail it makes to get to opponents. Then the splat charger just kept getting splatted soooo much.

I sort of blame the other team having a better comp with three ink armors but still.

Sorry goo tuber lovers. I don't like saying it because I really do think the weapon looks cool, but every time one ends up on my team I am like, oh boy here we go again....

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
Never used a charger before. Hm.

"Today, I think I'll learn how to use a charger."

Turf War starts, I'm in with 3 Ink Brushes.

Opposing team appears.

All splattershots.

oh, good

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Solo rushers at the start of turf games. Seriously, they think they're being the hero but nine times out of ten they end up dying. Then they're probably thinking "Why didn't my team follow me!?". Just... why?

Also I had a turf game a few days ago where my teammates kept dying over and over. They would plunge into enemy territory alone and with no escape route. They didn't bother to stop and think about taking turf or even wait for others to respawn so we could attack as a team. I was the only one alive for about half the game and it irritated me since I can't win a 1v3 or 1v4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom