What's The Worst Team You've Ever Gotten Matched With?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Had a match of ranked splat zones on humpback pump track, where I was literally the only person playing the objective, since the rest of my team kept dying. Died once, and then the enemy team just snowballed out of control.

Belial

Full Squid
Team with three dualies vs a tri-slosher and octo brush in tower control. We literally couldn't near the tower because they surrounded in in a barrage of ink and we all had short aim. I think team,ate for had sploosh-o-matic which helped not.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Solo rushers at the start of turf games. Seriously, they think they're being the hero but nine times out of ten they end up dying. Then they're probably thinking "Why didn't my team follow me!?". Just... why?
This is me, depending on team composition, and it can work a lot of the time. I had one game where I had a Splattershot Pro and my allies were two Aerosprays, I forget the third but it was a high-turf weapon. I charged the center (Shipyard), made it to the bridge first, and harassed opponents on all sides. Only splatted one, I think, but I did keep them all busy until our team held the whole center. And we never lost it. I finished with 14 splats; I don't think anyone else on either team had more than 4.

I've had it done to me, too. One really annoying lobby I was in had an opponent who would charge across the tower of Inkblot, jump into our territory, and take that whole plaza area. He was really good and we just couldn't get rid of him; when we did, he'd be right back in there in no time. Eventually his allies started following him in, but he carried several games that way.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is me, depending on team composition, and it can work a lot of the time. I had one game where I had a Splattershot Pro and my allies were two Aerosprays, I forget the third but it was a high-turf weapon. I charged the center (Shipyard), made it to the bridge first, and harassed opponents on all sides. Only splatted one, I think, but I did keep them all busy until our team held the whole center. And we never lost it. I finished with 14 splats; I don't think anyone else on either team had more than 4.

I've had it done to me, too. One really annoying lobby I was in had an opponent who would charge across the tower of Inkblot, jump into our territory, and take that whole plaza area. He was really good and we just couldn't get rid of him; when we did, he'd be right back in there in no time. Eventually his allies started following him in, but he carried several games that way.
You raise a fair point, the problem is that A, you can't always count on randos to do what you did with skill and competence, and B, all too frequently the majority of the team does this.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
You raise a fair point, the problem is that A, you can't always count on randos to do what you did with skill and competence, and B, all too frequently the majority of the team does this.
This is true. I've also often see an entire team charge the center and all die horrible deaths immediately and never make up for it. My point is that it's a trait that hardly earns the "worst team you've ever gotten matched with" honor.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is true. I've also often see an entire team charge the center and all die horrible deaths immediately and never make up for it. My point is that it's a trait that hardly earns the "worst team you've ever gotten matched with" honor.
Fair point! Maybe not the worst, but still pretty dang bad :P

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Ehhhh. Most Turf solo rushers I've seen in both Splatoon games end up dying so I'm a bit hard pressed to agree with this statement.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I had several questionable teammates in Turf so far (e.g. aerosprays that somehow didn't manage to ink more than 200 points OR do elims, like ???) but my latest Salmon Run team took the cake. They just...decided to split up across the map and die on each and every end. And they didn't read the manual when they did the tutorial I guess.... Shouldn't have bothered... died when I tried to play medic and saw the saved teammates rush off into their death again instead of re-grouping. Felt like Overwatch all over again.

Sciryn

Inkling
NNID
GamesterChris
Switch Friend Code
SW-5309-1214-3521
Hoooo boy. I just came off of some of the WORST Rainmaker matches I have ever had and all because of the player I was with.
Let me give my team a bit of advice, when the enemy has the Rainmaker in their grasp, GO AFTER THE ONE HOLDING IT! Why is everyone so focused on the person standing in front of them. I lost 4 freaking games all because of this one simple issue. I'm dead and no one covers the Rainmaker so he just cruses on up to out base. Easy knockout. This may come as a surprise, but I'm a little steamed right now.

Arky_Lynx

Inkling
NNID
Arceale
Switch Friend Code
SW-7930-4097-5703
The times I've played Tower Control and I was the only one on the tower, the other 3 guys on different points of the map, very far away from myself, are too many.

Too many...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom