• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's with Nintendo's quality control lately?

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I'll buy Days of Ruin if it hits Wii U DS Shop because I really want to play it. But I should buy a DS game or two to keep the interest going. Maybe Mario Kart DS despite it's lack of Multiplayer option.

Days of Ruin is really good. Definitely recommend it. Here's a tip for multiplayer: use Lin, you win. She's beast mode

People think Dual Strike is the best in the series but all I think of is too much bells and whistles and too much unbalance. Get the Tag Power first and you win! There are many broken COs too. In Days of Ruin the only one the metagame considered broken was Isabella (from last I heard, I have not checked the current meta now). There was another CO that is also broken but he was deliberately broken for final boss purposes and he was not usable at all in Wifi battles.

Personally, my favorite as AW2. Sami Mech rush ftw. DoR is really good too though, so I won't argue with someone who says its the best.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Days of Ruin is really good. Definitely recommend it. Here's a tip for multiplayer: use Lin, you win. She's beast mode

Personally, my favorite as AW2. Sami Mech rush ftw. DoR is really good too though, so I won't argue with someone who says its the best.
AW2 is my favorite too but Days of Ruin still has the most balanced system. Also for a goofy setting, I don't think Dual Strike was all that entertaining. I found the characters there much more blander. Lash in AW2 was so much more chaotic and entertaining. Why is Jess and Eagle's bickering gone? That was so great. I prefer the Black Hole team in AW2 better than Dual Strike's. The bad guys bounced off each other much more.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Can you gift them on eShop like the Wii Shop Channel lets you gift them?
Nope! Wish you could.

However, you can theoretically do one of two things:
1. I give you eShop code and hope you spend it wisely.
2. If Nintendo has it available as a download code off their eShop site, I buy that and give you the code. This is how a certain person gave me Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity last year for my birthday. ^.^

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
If Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance or Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn are re-released via Virtual Console, should I buy them for @ShinyGirafarig?
Yes to both. It's best to get them as a pair, but definitely PoR before RDif you have to get them one at a time. Together, they form one of the most well planned out story arcs in Nintendo gaming. If you actually pay attention to minor details in both games, it's amazing the subtle foreshadowing they do and how well the to games tie in to each other.

Gameplay wise, they're a little different from the rest of the FE games (no kids like Awakening & Geneology of the Holy War for example), but very satisfying to play. Just make sure you feed Ike plenty of kills early on, or you'll be kicking yourself later in PoR.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Yes to both. It's best to get them as a pair, but definitely PoR before RDif you have to get them one at a time. Together, they form one of the most well planned out story arcs in Nintendo gaming. If you actually pay attention to minor details in both games, it's amazing the subtle foreshadowing they do and how well the to games tie in to each other.

Gameplay wise, they're a little different from the rest of the FE games (no kids like Awakening & Geneology of the Holy War for example), but very satisfying to play. Just make sure you feed Ike plenty of kills early on, or you'll be kicking yourself later in PoR.
See @ShinyGirafarig? Other folks agree with me. <_<

Edit: ...wait, crap, they're advocating I spend my money on presents for you. <_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom