What's your favorite and least favorite mode and why?

9DB

Inkling Cadet
I personally like Rainmaker. It just seems like everyone has a specific role to play. And I'm fairly certain we can all agree that clam-blitz sucks.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I'm also very fond of Rainmaker. Always loved the freeform movement across the map that most other modes don't accomodate, the Rainmaker itself is a cool weapon and while not perfect, the checkpoints added in 3 make this the most balanced iteration yet. I think they add a lot, actually, since most maps have two checkpoints that force teams to make a decision on the fly.

Clam Blitz is also my least favorite mode, but it's less to do with the mode itself and moreso with how limited communication options are in-game. Clam Blitz really demands communication, and the pings we have really don't cut it - nevermind the fact that some people just don't know how to Super Jump. Playing in Series/X is somewhat manageable - playing in Open, where you might get matched against a full, coordinated team is a nightmare.

Reactions: 9DB

Tribow

Inkster Jr.
Hard choice but I guess Salmon Run is my favorite mode. It might just be because the other multiplayer modes have a pretty high chance of having a stage I really don't like playing on where none of the Salmon Run stages annoy me. They all provide their own unique challenges to overcome.

My most hated mode is Challenge mode because I never get to play it.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Splat Zones is my favorite mode because of how easy and simple it is. Short, sweet, and to the point!

I also agree that Clam Blitz sucks. Everybody hates it at this point

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
My fav is Rainmaker for sure. Comebacks are common place and you always need to be on your toes. Whether that be defending an enemy push or making a break for it in overtime. Some of the most memorable games happen, for me, on Rainmaker.

Clam Blitz is honestly … not my least favorite mode. The changes in 3 make it less of a slog and its pace feels much better. You can even get knockouts sometimes! I will admit though that it feels hard to play unless you're using something that can move around the map quickly and kill efficiently. I often find myself gravitating towards Splattershot or NZAP most of the time.

My least favorite is Turf War. Not a ranked mode, but I still think it counts. It's just a worse Splat Zones in my opinion. I'll only play it if I want to try out a weapon before bringing it into ranked or I'm just not feeling the current rotation.

Tribow

Inkster Jr.
Honestly, I'm not on board the Clam Blitz slander. It gets the best version of every stage. People just don't know how to play it affectively in solo queue. They make solo pushes or dont pay attention to the map to know where clams/teammates are. Yeah it's harder to make big plays in Clam Blitz, but there's many hype moments in that mode.

A player sneaking past the opposition and making an opening, passing the power clam to a teammate in a better position to score, the tense situation of both teams being close to each other's basket, a backline weapon just barely stopping a breakaway push, and more.

The whole map gets utilized in clam blitz too

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
for me it is really map dependent..i know this might sound weird but i LOVE certain modes on certain maps but i also hate certain modes on certain maps so i will start there.

my dislike list
Wahoo World: Splatzones & Tower Control
Sturgeon Shipyard: Rainmaker
Undertow Spillway: ALL modes
Mahi Mahi: ALL modes
Museum Dalfonsino: Splatzones
Scorch Gorge: Clam Blitz & Tower Control

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom