• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Whats your favorite hobby

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Hah, I was just talking the other day about how before splatoon I usually spent my free time picking up a new hobby, obsessing over it for a few weeks to months, and then finding a new hobby and completely forgetting about the old one. (This has become painfully apparent recently as I am packing everything up to move this week and boy do I have way too much stuff relating to hobbies I haven't engaged with in years). For whatever reason though, Splatoon has managed to hold my daily attention ever since 3's release and that's actually kind of amazing. I'm not sure I have ever had this long of an attention span for anything.

I guess if any hobby has followed me through everything though it's probably writing. I can sort of weave that into every other hobby that I have anyway (arguably I am even doing it now). A close second would be cooking/baking though. I'm always trying out weird new stuff in the kitchen (for better or worse).

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Fighting games. Mainly Skullgirls (Val/Robo/Para) and Them's Fightin' Herds (Velvet), I've also been getting super into Under Night In-Birth 2 (Vatista) now. Put together this lovely custom stick last year to retire my old Hori RAP4 of seven years, and I'm really happy with how it came out.

I also play a lot of Riichi Mahjong. Mostly online (Master 1 on MajSoul, 5th Dan on Riichi City), but I'm heading out to a local tomorrow to start playing some IRL games.

That might sound like a strange venn diagram, but there's more overlap than you'd think - we actually have a group that brings tiles out to major tournaments to get some friendlies in. FGC majors are really just conventions that happen to run brackets, and so we'll have all kinds of other activities going on too.

Cephalobro

I play Dungeons & Dragons a lot and I get really into the roleplaying aspect of it. This also allows me to basically forget all the troubles of the real world and simply be in this dangerous but magical fantasy world where humans aren't the only civilization that exist.

Plus I really enjoy seeing seemingly scary stuff be defeated by a group of heroes who basically started pretty much where their peers started.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Writing, cosplay, politics and uncovering lost media.

Babab

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7735-7052-6321
I love speedcubing- like solving a Rubik’s cube as fast as possible. Been doing it around two years now and have even done some competitions

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN

I love design

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Art and writing, along with Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: the Gathering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom