• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your favorite Splatoon memory?

D

Deleted member

Some of my fonder memories are wayyy back during Splatoon 1. That game got me through a difficult time in my life (highschool amirite guyz), and it felt like a whole new world to explore.

Starting with my Miiverse art, a lot of people seemed to enjoy what I was making. I drew stuff for splatfests, for fun, for when I got pissed off at rank (I was an A-rank squitter for the longest), and for when I felt sad. I'm so glad I saved so many of these drawings and that the Archiverse is up, because I didn't realize I didn't save some of my last couple of drawings (which I feel are really the ones I took the time to draw). Thanks to these drawings I got a really nice friendship on there I still treasure the memory of to this day. In fact, I found this Miiverse-penpal again YEARS later, and managed to communicate with them on Pokemon Unite, of all places! Wish Splatoon had some type of messaging... maybe it's for the best it doesn't however, child safety and all that.

Originally, however, I found that friend of mine from squid partying. I felt like squid parties were a lot more common in Splatoon 1. I remember hanging out in a squid party lobby and playing games with these people I couldn't communicate with at all. I had such a good time. Nothing like placing a beakon and doing some bowing. HAHAHA. I'm kinda glad squid parties in random lobbies died out, however, because I had no idea back then how much it irritated people. I really don't think they're a problem in turf, but I suppose with all these ways of communicating today, it's easier to just set up a private battle for that. How the tides change.

Oh yeah and then there was my climb to S rank. I remember my first time getting S was with one of the splat chargers on Camp Triggerfish... can't remember the mode, maybe zones? Most hype moment of my life. I'll never forget. Then I got stuck at S 75 and never got higher. HAHAHA

Those are my Splatoon memories... during the first game, that is.
interesting story u have.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Gameplay wise, I think my favorite memory was the early days of the Splatoon 1 Testfires. I remember one of the days waking up super early to get the chance to play the game for an hour. I can't remember whether it was my first or second, testfire, but I remember being hooked and wanting to play more. Alas, my story would continue with constant disconnections due to a terrible internet connection by the time private lobbies released, kickstarting my journey as a community member through tournament organizing.

But above all else, my most vivid memory will be experiencing the Low Tide City campfires in 2022 and 2023. The entire competitive scene at the tournament intermingling and talking with one another around an event that I helped organize in 2022 while at a lower point in my life, and then again in 2023 after 'retiring' from hosting events, was something completely unique and special - probably a feeling I'll hold with myself for the rest of my life. It's just a special, sacred environment that feels like it can't be replicated anywhere else.

If you get the chance to meet people and form these bonds online, go see them in person. Go to an event with other like-minded folks. You won't regret it.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Splatoon 1 Splatfest Team Cars winning. Because my husband is a Car enthusiast and I chose it for him. Barely won that Splatfest. It was such a shock.

Beat0s

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-2512-8228-1908
Splatoon is almost 10 years old, in these years it impacted the lives of many and created many amazing memories so I'm curious to know what's your favorite Splatoon related memory.

I started to play pretty late (I bought Splatoon 2 in early 2022 and Splatoon 3 in early 2023) so I don't have many memories but my favorite one was definitely the Zelda Splatfest: the first one I've ever played.
I played most of the event with my best friend, he isn't a Splatoon player but I lent him my "spare" copy of Splatoon 3 before the event and he did a pretty good job in learning the basics and finding a weapon which worked for him. We both registered with Team Courage and on saturday we met at his place and played together until the Halftime Report announcement, we were still in the last place but happy to find that our team closed some of the gap from the leading team (after Sneak Peek we were 3.0% behind Team Power, day one brought that gap at 2.16%) and that gave us little hope to see the result overturned. How most people here knows it didn't happened, Team Power victory was total but we still had a lot of fun. On top of that I loved the sight of Splatsville at night with all the creatures dancing while Anarchy Rainbow playing, it may sound stupid but it kinda moved me, that soung is happy and cheerful but at the same time it gave me a melancholic vibe and made me think about the life transitions I'm having in this period.
beating inner agent 3 made me feel like i was the **** when i first did it, i SCREAMED

DaybreakerYa

Inkling
A very fond memory I have which is also how I got introduced to the game is playing S1 battle dojo at a friends house when the game recently launched, having no clue what was happening but still being encouraged to buy it for myself. This is probably personal bias but man...S1 battle dojo was fun even if it was bare bones

Eight

Inkling
NNID
Eight
Switch Friend Code
SW-8541-7647-2894
Beating Octo Expansion by far. That DLC changed my life and that isn't an exaggeration. 8 is how I discovered I was trans and it would've taken me so much longer to realise that had I not played OE.

AltMint

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5946-8820-1596
that time my younger brother got a quad just holding foward on moray. it felt even better back then since we were hardly 10 or 11 (i think) and hardly knew how to play compared to now

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
one of my first splatoon memories was seeing one of those wii u kiosks at a target (i think it was a target?) and playing the splatoon tutorial there for the first time. i had already wanted the game at that point, so i was hyped to try it before i ever had a wii u for myself. we eventually had to leave, so as i walked away from it, i jokingly said "when will my husband return from the war?" and a random woman heard me and gave me a weird look. wonder where she is now.

however, i think my favorite splatoon memory is the fact that my mother liked splatoon as well!
shortly after i had got my wii u for christmas 2015, my mom got into the game since she saw me play it all the time. she was an n-zap main, and she pretty much only played while i was asleep or at school. it became a part of my weekday routine to come home from school and see her kicking *** at turf war lmao. she reached level 50 waaaaay before i ever did! we'd talk abt it frequently as well. although she unfortunately never got into the other two splatoon games, she still talks abt the first game on occasion (and she still watches me play on the living room TV!)
a few months ago we were looking at a piece of machinery at our workplace, and she turned to me and said it reminded her of museum d'alfonsino (and she was right, it really did look like the big spinny things lol)
i've always loved that splatoon is something that we can bond over, and to this day she swears by the n-zaps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom