• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your favorite Splatoon memory?

Gab1bb0

Inkling
NNID
Emii900
Switch Friend Code
SW-3358-8459-2590
Splatoon is almost 10 years old, in these years it impacted the lives of many and created many amazing memories so I'm curious to know what's your favorite Splatoon related memory.

I started to play pretty late (I bought Splatoon 2 in early 2022 and Splatoon 3 in early 2023) so I don't have many memories but my favorite one was definitely the Zelda Splatfest: the first one I've ever played.
I played most of the event with my best friend, he isn't a Splatoon player but I lent him my "spare" copy of Splatoon 3 before the event and he did a pretty good job in learning the basics and finding a weapon which worked for him. We both registered with Team Courage and on saturday we met at his place and played together until the Halftime Report announcement, we were still in the last place but happy to find that our team closed some of the gap from the leading team (after Sneak Peek we were 3.0% behind Team Power, day one brought that gap at 2.16%) and that gave us little hope to see the result overturned. How most people here knows it didn't happened, Team Power victory was total but we still had a lot of fun. On top of that I loved the sight of Splatsville at night with all the creatures dancing while Anarchy Rainbow playing, it may sound stupid but it kinda moved me, that soung is happy and cheerful but at the same time it gave me a melancholic vibe and made me think about the life transitions I'm having in this period.

Lynx-

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6899-1684-1967
Splatoon 1 on the WiiU definitely. Me and the seven other people owning that console would play for hours.

Vin_MD

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4709-4096-5597
Lying in bed at 3 am listening to into the light after finishing octo expansion, crying my eyes out, and finally finding the motivation to get my life together.

I now exercise regularly, drink water, eat healthy and have good friends and morals due to this game. That may sound like I'm exaggerating(and I am a little bit) but this game is the reason I still stand on this planet to this day.

Lynx-

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6899-1684-1967
Lying in bed at 3 am listening to into the light after finishing octo expansion, crying my eyes out, and finally finding the motivation to get my life together.

I now exercise regularly, drink water, eat healthy and have good friends and morals due to this game. That may sound like I'm exaggerating(and I am a little bit) but this game is the reason I still stand on this planet to this day.
And this is why I spedran it. I absolutely hated octo expansion, but at least you get to play as an octoling1!!!1!1!1

Cephalobro

Speaking of Octo Expansion, my favorite moment was when I discovered that you decide what Agent 3 (of course my Agent 3 is male, so I customized him as such) is after getting the third Thang (yeah, it's seriously called that, I don't know why). Before that, I was worried that the Agent 3 from the promotional material would be the only one that we would get to see, which would've invalidated over half of players who played Splatoon 1 and beaten Octo Valley.

After years of seeing the annoying misconception about Agent 3, I'm glad that Nintendo just shattered it.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Ah I have quite a few good ones, but the memory that has stuck with me the most happened a long time ago back in Splatoon 1. This is when the game was new I had no idea what I was doing. I'm just mucking about in Turf War with my trusty Aerospray MG; a weapon I've been playing non-stop since I got it when I reached level 7. I thought I was hot stuff using the "most OP Turf War weapon." What some people thought what was good back then was quite different wasn't it?

So one day I queue into some games and get some level 20's in my lobby (This is back when 20 was max btw.) The game starts one guy on the enemy team was rocking a Gold Dynamo Roller with full damage up clothes. Needless to say I got absolutely bodied by this dude. I couldn't get a single kill on him and he always managed to be on the opposing side. I even remember trying to ambush him on the ramp to the grates in Kelp Dome hoping to get the jump. But for some reason, he just swings that dynamo upward laying a carpet of ink right on my squid. SPLAT! looking at my TV wondering how could he get me if I was higher up than him. This kinda thing happened for about several more matches. Surprisingly, I didn't even really get mad at all. It was an odd feeling of awe and humility. Awe in the sense that a weapon like Dynamo could do things like that, and humility because I realized that I had a lot more to learn about this game than I once assumed.

The reason it's my favorite memory is because it reminds me that even losing badly can be an opportunity to learn and grow. And sometimes that is worth more than over a hundred games won. I often look back to it as way to ease frustrations I'm having trying to learn anything new and keep myself humble.

D

Deleted member

mine is in Splatoon 3 I cried during the end credits because Splatoon 3 was the first splatoon game I got

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
I started in Splatoon 2, when I was little. Like, second grade little. I have NO idea why my father got me it at age 8.

I didn’t have the Nintendo Switch Online Membership at the time, so I played the story mode. I took SOOOO long to finally beat it, and by that time, I was being absorbed into Inkipedia.

Then my dad got me the Online Membership.

On my first turf war, I was equipped with all the noob gear. Splattershot Jr., Basic Tee, ect.
And I won!!
yey

Oh yeah, and also, I WAS SOBBING IN THE FINAL BOSS BATTLE “CALLLIEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON’T BE BRAINWASHED!!!”

D

Deleted member

I started in Splatoon 2, when I was little. Like, second grade little. I have NO idea why my father got me it at age 8.

I didn’t have the Nintendo Switch Online Membership at the time, so I played the story mode. I took SOOOO long to finally beat it, and by that time, I was being absorbed into Inkipedia.

Then my dad got me the Online Membership.

On my first turf war, I was equipped with all the noob gear. Splattershot Jr., Basic Tee, ect.
And I won!!
yey

Oh yeah, and also, I WAS SOBBING IN THE FINAL BOSS BATTLE “CALLLIEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON’T BE BRAINWASHED!!!”
I beat the Splat 2 story mode under a day

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
I don't really have time for video games only on weekends I can play for like 30 mins

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Defeating Inner Agent 3 for the first time.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
There’s also the time I won my rank up series 3-0.

E-Liter1Mil

Inkling
The scene at the end of Octo Expansion.

Seeing Agent 8 be happy to be outside of the Metro, Marina and Pearl fawning over each other, and Agent 3 just being confused but happy… that was when I fell in love with the series.

Cephalobro

Oh yeah, I have another favorite Splatoon memory: Completely wiping out the Salmonids temporarily in Splatoon 2's Salmon Run due to splatting Steelheads.

D

Deleted member

knowing that I can remember only the Idols names and no one elses

Zeatehk

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0282-1791-1045
riptide 2023, height of the year for me for sure. i think meeting some of the people i admire and have learned from was awesome, and it was a top notch experience to see a ton of this community in person, as well as hear the excitement of a lan and a bunch of people getting excited over video game matches for the first time

D

Deleted member

riptide 2023, height of the year for me for sure. i think meeting some of the people i admire and have learned from was awesome, and it was a top notch experience to see a ton of this community in person, as well as hear the excitement of a lan and a bunch of people getting excited over video game matches for the first time
nice!

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
Some of my fonder memories are wayyy back during Splatoon 1. That game got me through a difficult time in my life (highschool amirite guyz), and it felt like a whole new world to explore.

Starting with my Miiverse art, a lot of people seemed to enjoy what I was making. I drew stuff for splatfests, for fun, for when I got pissed off at rank (I was an A-rank squitter for the longest), and for when I felt sad. I'm so glad I saved so many of these drawings and that the Archiverse is up, because I didn't realize I didn't save some of my last couple of drawings (which I feel are really the ones I took the time to draw). Thanks to these drawings I got a really nice friendship on there I still treasure the memory of to this day. In fact, I found this Miiverse-penpal again YEARS later, and managed to communicate with them on Pokemon Unite, of all places! Wish Splatoon had some type of messaging... maybe it's for the best it doesn't however, child safety and all that.

Originally, however, I found that friend of mine from squid partying. I felt like squid parties were a lot more common in Splatoon 1. I remember hanging out in a squid party lobby and playing games with these people I couldn't communicate with at all. I had such a good time. Nothing like placing a beakon and doing some bowing. HAHAHA. I'm kinda glad squid parties in random lobbies died out, however, because I had no idea back then how much it irritated people. I really don't think they're a problem in turf, but I suppose with all these ways of communicating today, it's easier to just set up a private battle for that. How the tides change.

Oh yeah and then there was my climb to S rank. I remember my first time getting S was with one of the splat chargers on Camp Triggerfish... can't remember the mode, maybe zones? Most hype moment of my life. I'll never forget. Then I got stuck at S 75 and never got higher. HAHAHA

Those are my Splatoon memories... during the first game, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom