whats your favorite stage?

squ1d

Inkster Jr.
harmony's house, Hotlantis(i live with harmony)
Pronouns
squid/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-2624-8690
just wanna know what your favorite map is for each mode! or just in general :)

personally i think mines gotta be flounder heights for turf war, mahi mahi resort for clamb blitz, manta maria for splat zones, crableg capital for tower control, makomart for rainmaker, and hagglefish market for tricolor! :)
(although in general i think my favs gotta be makomart or eeltail alley)

Last edited:

Neko :D

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Top 3:
  1. BRINEWATER SPRINGS :DDDD
  2. Humpback Pump track
  3. Barnacle and Dime
These maps I have used the most, or so it seems, making them my favorites <3

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
The way I see it the best stage in my eyes is the one that is good (and fun) in all modes and personally I think Mako mart fits that
I LOVE mako mart it actually was the first splatoon 2 stage I ever played on back in the day when I rented Splatoon 2 for a couple of days from a Family video back when those were still around

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
I'll just...

1722344722289.png

This isn't ordered within each tier so I'll just summarize. I'm not huge on Inkblot Rainmaker or Zones but Tower Control is fantastic and in general it feels like there's a lot both attackers and defenders can do at any given point. MakoMart is like the only map in the game that even vaguely gives me the feeling that I can move. Barnacle is pretty straightforward, still attacker-favored but ever since they added that drop to the left of spawn it's not been super bad. I'm probably overhyping Crableg and ROM-en a little bit because they can both feel a bit constraining to move around on (most of ROM-en's flank options are gimmicky) but there's nothing super bad to complain about there except for maybe how strong backlines feel but it's not enough to damage my opinion of each stage super badly.

I didn't get to play much of Splatoon 1 outside of one day's worth of playtime before the servers went down (or being 14 years old where I liked literally everything) but my opinion of the maps there ended up being so much stronger than anything here. This goes beyond the obvious things everyone talks about with the maps being more open, easier to move on, and flank routes existing. There are a lot of smaller parts of terrain that just don't feel like anything on any other stage in Splatoon 1, let alone Splatoon 3. A vast majority of Splatoon 3's maps feel like they're just vaguely cut and pasted from one another with not much to truly distinguish them. I'd take most of Splatoon 1's worse maps over most Splatoon 3's because there's way less merit to having two maps that feel and play out exactly the same than two maps that suck, but you'll get a different experience from. Unironically I'd be happier if they got rid of Scorch Gorge or something and ported Saltspray Rig here completely unchanged from Splatoon 1.

If we extend this to other games, Splatoon 1 Mahi-Mahi Resort is by far my favorite. It genuinely feels like a playground to explore and do all sorts of different stuff on and the only time I've felt similarly about anything else is with Splatoon 3 Museum D'Alfonsino during the high jump challenge. I didn't get to play every map in that game but Splatoon 1's versions of Flounder Heights and Ancho-V Games were also fantastic, and I think Hammerhead Bridge there is also very good but not as much so as those three.

Cephalobro

Octarian Storyteller
Site Moderator
I used to like Saltspray Rig due to its unique theme, but unfortunately, that stage never came back. So my new favorite due to the theme is Flounder Heights. Maybe it's just my Splat 1 nostalgia talking here.

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
My first thought was Manta Maria, so I will trust my subconcious on this.
Besides that can't say I've really thought about this much.

MandatoryCatalyst

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Aesthetics wise, Barnacle! I really love the mall setting and the lighting in the stage, really fun. Mahi Mahi, ROMen, and Manta Maria are close seconds for favorite looks as well.

In terms of how I like to play them? Probably a tossup between MakoMart, Crableg, and Museum, but honestly there aren't too many stages I actively dislike. My LEAST favorite stage is easily Mincemeat though, I straight up will not play when Mincemeat is in rotation, too many utterly miserable games have made me just straight up hate it.

Hokuto

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
(busts out Splatoon 2) My favorite stage is Blackbelly Skatepark. Anyway, I can't pick a favorite stage in 3. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the stages (looking at the hilarious insanity of ROM-en Tower Control), I just don't think I have strong positive opinions on any of them. I do, however, have strong negative opinions on a few. (Explaining my disdain for Wahoo World, for example, seems like a waste of everyone's time.)

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
(Explaining my disdain for Wahoo World, for example, seems like a waste of everyone's time.)
Hating on Wahoo World is never a waste of time.

Answering the question of the thread though, my favorite is probably Robo ROM-en on every mode that isn't TC.
Besides that, I don't actually have any other favorite maps.
There are some that I play better in but I don't like them.
There's just too many problems with the map design in this game, most of the time I'm just glad I'm not playing on something worse (shout out to Wahoo World).

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
1. spla1 mahi-mahi, forever in our hearts 💔
2. lemuria hub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. makomart
4. brinewater springs
5. skipper pavilion (still annoyed this didn't get ported to 3 rip)

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
My favourite stage series-wise is still and may always be Piranha Pit. No stage has done a gimmick better, not even Museum.

My favourite stage in Splatoon 3 is probably Barnacle due to having few spawn camping issues.

I have no clue why Nintendo insisted on every map having a route all the way up to the enemy spawn in this game. So many of them are completely unnecessary any only make the game feel worse. Most people presumably hate Mincemeat for its limiting lack of routes, but I hate it for that one grate ramp leading up into each team’s base. Even barnacle has that one block allowing for a jump onto the formerly glass floor. What‘s the point? It’s like they want to encourage gold Aerospray flank tactics in Turf War.

Honorable mention goes to Wahoo World, which I will continue to argue is a very overhated stage. Yes, mid is a bit of a chaos carnival, but the rest of the stage is fairly well designed. All it needs is one good flank route around mid to become great.

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
just wanna know what your favorite map is for each mode! or just in general :)

personally i think mines gotta be flounder heights for turf war, mahi mahi resort for clamb blitz, manta maria for splat zones, crableg capital for tower control, makomart for rainmaker, and hagglefish market for tricolor! :)
(although in general i think my favs gotta be makomart or eeltail alley)
Crableg Tower, HPT Rainmaker, and Eeltail Zomes are really fun maps for me, but that’s just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom