• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What's your least favorite weapon in Splatoon?

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Definitely the sploosh-o-matic. I despise its range, and yeah I know that's supposed to be its thing and its damage isn't bad, but I can never get in close enough to someone without them spotting me first and filling me with ink. I guess that's my fault, but that still doesn't change my feelings about the weapon.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
Chargers. They are my rivals. I'm an aggressive player, the total opposite to them. When I try to pick one up to use, I fail hard, we just don't mesh well. My aim is good but I'm not the type of squid to stick around in one area of a stage. Supportive play just isn't my cup of tea. xd

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
I absolutely despise chargers, and like Mikaya above me, consider them as my rivals. I sucked at playing them and dreaded going against them. I chose my main weapon to specifically cancel them out.
E-liters are the worst. Bamboozlers are cool, though.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
@Mr. Squiggly Squid The Sploosh-O-Matic is the Splash-O-Matic for people who can't aim.

I'm a pretty aggressive player, (I typically use either the N-Zap 89 or Neo Splash-O-Matic with all Run and Swim Speed Ups) but I also love the Bento Splat Charger with all Damage Ups and Special Savers. You have to be fairly cautious waiting to save up your special (but not way too much due to being able to effectively fight at close range with decreased charge time and decreased penalty for dying), but once I get the Echo-Locator, I charge forward to try and take out as much of the enemy team as possible.

I don't use it for Rainmaker because of lack or Run or Swim Speed Ups (I can often just run past the entire enemy team, even at S Rank :rolleyes:) but it's my go-to for Tower Control. (I hardly play Splat Zones because I feel success it too team-dependent, especially when there is only one zone instead of two.)

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I dislike the Blasters and Dynamo Rollers. The Dynamo Rollers are super slow and take up huge amounts of ink. Everyone seems to be able to use them, but I can't stand using slow weapons. Also, I don't know about you guys, but Rollers are meant to spread ink fairly quickly, and it feels the Dynamo Rollers go against that.

I hate Blasters because, aside from being hard to handle, they're annoying to go against. Hiding behind a corner to recharge ink? Too bad! Sneaking up on someone? Too bad! Honestly, Blasters appear out of nowhere and will kill you and everyone you know and love.

Unlike what everyone else said, I got nothing against Chargers. Now I will get annoyed if there's more than one on a team because then I'm dodging death 24/7 and trying to cover turf/get the objective at the same time.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I hate splattershots simply because it's a common weapon and it's too easy to use. It's just overall not a very impressive weapon choice to use or brag about in my opinion.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I know this is an old thread, but
blasters...
Least fav to use: Any Blaster
so basically every blaster
I hate Blasters
There is so much blaster hate here :(

The blaster is easily my favorite weapon class in the game, but my least favorite weapon would have to be:

BRUSHES

I can't use them at all. They're the complete opposite of the blaster class.
They're very quick weapons, they have very low damage, and they are not frontline weapons. (which is what blasters are pretty good at)
They also cannot fight to save their lives. As they have little to no range with their low damage, and they rely on sneaking (which is something I'm not the best at)

Another thing I dislike about brushes is how inconsistent they can feel. Sometimes you can get a 2 flick kill with the octobrush, and other times you may have to go for 5< flicks just because the enemy was kind of out of range. With a blaster, it's the 1 shot direct or the two indirects to get a kill. Which is very consistent to engage fights with. Also with the brush, you need to mash the fire button like you just had 20 liters of Red Bull. (Seriously how do you brush mains do it?)

If I were to ever try and main the brush, I'd probably be successful. However, I don't think it would be nearly as good as if I'm playing something else (or something I like).

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
is it ok to say I dislike splashdown?... if not then I'd say that the main weapon that I dislike to battle against is the hero shot replica (ironic that it also has the splashdown) I don't know exactly why but every single time I battle somebody who is using that weapon they just always seem to take me out with ease... idk why but it just happens! Even if I get the upper hand and would normally splat them first, you can guess what happens next.

my least favourite weapon to use would have to be Splatling, I can never seem to use it correctly and I consume ink with it far too much! It is a fun weapon to use though! even though I'm not that great with it :'3... makes me feel like Heavy from tf2. I don't main using it but I remember when it first got announced and I thought I would actually main it, guess I'll stick to the N Zap, Brush and Splatbrella for now :3

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
All blasters, all scoped chargers, all Splattershots. Boring, boring, boring.

cyberhaven

Inkling
NNID
yoyo
Rollers. One hit kills is just frustrating to deal with. They just pop out and splat you. No easy way around it.

zapman

Inkling
I don't like chargers because they don't ink a lot of turf and sometimes they're hard to splat people with.
i agree but personally the blaster is my least favorite yes it can one shot but the fire rate is trash.

zapman

Inkling
is it ok to say I dislike splashdown?... if not then I'd say that the main weapon that I dislike to battle against is the hero shot replica (ironic that it also has the splashdown) I don't know exactly why but every single time I battle somebody who is using that weapon they just always seem to take me out with ease... idk why but it just happens! Even if I get the upper hand and would normally splat them first, you can guess what happens next.

my least favourite weapon to use would have to be Splatling, I can never seem to use it correctly and I consume ink with it far too much! It is a fun weapon to use though! even though I'm not that great with it :'3... makes me feel like Heavy from tf2. I don't main using it but I remember when it first got announced and I thought I would actually main it, guess I'll stick to the N Zap, Brush and Splatbrella for now :3
All blasters, all scoped chargers, all Splattershots. Boring, boring, boring.
i agree the splatling is one of my least favorite. the wasabi splattershot is to good and diverse

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
*sigh*

This poor little guy just can't get my love. The E-Liter family is one I just can't wrap my head around. Even as someone who isn't good at blasters or chargers, they're fun to use. Honestly, I use every weapon in Splatoon as they're all fun to mess with. There isn't a weapon I avoid...except this thing. Slow, precise, heavy, it feels like its playstyle goes against everything Splatoon's gameplay stands for. In a fast-paced 3-minute short shooter, the last thing I want is a rifle that takes a ton of charge time and precision. All the other chargers still makes for quick-fire weapons, even if you can't be a superb marksman. But this thing? You better have the eyesight of a Eagle and the patience of a snail. I know people are very good with this thing, and if you love, all the power to you, but even if I did main this weapon...is it fun to use? I play Splatoon for its fast-paced nature, and this thing, even though powerful, feels so un-fun to use.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
I think I really dislike the Undercover Brella. It's just such an annoying weapon. I'm so used to using the Splat Brella so I on habit, use the Undercover Brella like a Splat Brella. I don't know, I sympathize with those who have to play against any.

In reality, I'm sure I don't like them because I don't know how to get around them...

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
The E-Liters I don't really like that much, but the E-Liters with scopes are more than I can withstand, which is pretty funny considering I prefer scopes on a sniping weapon. The chargetime is too slow and takes up too much ink for me to be comfortable with... I really just don't see the appeal in it, maybe because I'm a little impatient. But I applaud those who can actually use it well.

On the plus side, the art featuring it always looks pretty good.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
SQUIFFERS
They make too much noiseee.
I hate the noise that they make. Sorta sounds like a squeaky death...

Plus, it’s the only weapon I’ll never understand how to use properly.

Fiorinol

Inkling
NNID
Fiorinol
Switch Friend Code
SW-5857-0665-6779
In the original? I would say the gal weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom