What's your main weapon and why?

Shortcake

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1636-2040-6048
Stamper because it's the closest this game has to slosher burst combos (line marker is also fun but it's way too inconsistent and no bomb on bucket feels terrible) (also it's broken)

Retro_Wolf

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3631-4982-0610
I enjoy a lot of weapons but I main splat/enperry dualies, splatanas, and carbon deco. I love the slayer role. It is so much fun to rush in and get tons of kills. Best part of the game and you can feel invincible at times.

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
heavy splatling! i picked it up on a whim back in 2019 and now splatlings are my favorite weapon class. heavy is a really versatile backline and its just very comfortable to use... its my go-to weapon when im playing bad bc i have so much muscle memory on it lol. even tho wave breaker isnt super good rn vanilla heavy's kit is still one of my favorite kits in this game ^^

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
i used to play stringers (both reef and tri; 5 starred both)
now i kinda just play buckets; after seeing how stringers are kinda screwed over

LinnGreene

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaLegendofLink
Switch Friend Code
SW-3632-0631-3237
Oh god, I'm definitely a Zap main since Splat1, that's been in a chokehold for a LONG time <3

Supa Fern

Inkster Jr.
Splatterscope because I like the design of the weapon in S2, S1 was ugly looking square.
ended up enjoying it ever since

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
Splash, as a bit of a holdover from crab meta. I've tried shot many times but I struggle to get value out of zooka, whereas with crab I can get a lot of value. I mean, the kit is just goated and the main weapon has perfect accuracy, I don't have a reason to switch lol. (edit: I've been practicing Nautilus a ton lately, but it hasn't quite surpassed splash as my go-to. If the second kit is great, it'll probably be my main)

Last edited:

Lerno1

Inkling
I started off with Splattershot when the game released as I could not build proper consistency with VRoller (previously part of my S2 weapon pool), and Zap was considered mediocre when Cooler was weak. NTri was briefly part of my pool as I had played it in S2, but it has since fallen out of my favor.

When Zones was my weakest mode, I picked up Heavy Splatling in last April, despite having no backline experience - only a sprinkle of Mini experience as far as splatlings go, and a long-held belief that if I were to play backlines someday, it would be splatlings. In almost no time at all, Heavy became a staple of my weapon pool. I dappled in Ballpoint towards the start of the game and with a new interest in playing backlines I began tinkering with it, trying to build up mechanical skill, motivated by how it ushered in the end of Crab Meta at the time. It was around this time that I finally got 5-stars on the Splattershot, and now I'm juggling time with the Hero Shot to get the fabled 10-stars, but progress has been slow considering my enjoyment with Heavy...

Over the summer, as I played more and more I found myself racking up significant time in both the Heavy and Ballpoint, with Heavy 5-stars obtained towards the end of Sizzle Season, and Ballpoint 5-stars obtained a few weeks ago. It has progressed to the point where Heavy is probably my most comfortable weapon given its great flexibility and ease-of-use, and Ballpoint is just really satisfying to pop off on while hearing the click-click-click of shifting the firing modes, plus its additional range and poking tool over Heavy, which helps with some matchups. I've also been using the Nautilus a fair bit recently and enjoy its additional aggression but still trying to get over playing passively with it, plus mechanical inconsistencies like was my major issue with Ballpoint initially. I just find the splatling class to have the most satisfying kill potential of all the line-of-sight weapons - charger pierces are cool, but I love firing a barrage of bullets on a completely helpless enemy who is unable to approach me directly. They're also pretty good for getting assists!

Beckett.

Semi-Pro Squid
i have a few mains, but my most prominent main is luna neo. one day i started playing it and i really liked the feel of it, eventually i started to main it. then i got into blasters. (my other mains are rapid deco, vshot, and sorella brella, and i am experimenting with vtri and the new sblast)
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 10.05.59 PM.png

Tynamo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1714-6083-9227
Rapid deco is definitely my main. Torpedo and Inkjet is a super fun kit, and pulling off stuff like torp combos and double directs both feels super satisfying and makes me feel like I'm super good at the game when I do them consistently.

Sambews

Inkster Jr.
I love the plain old Splattershot, pretty much since I picked up the game late S2. It paints good, it isn't ink hungry, but above all else, it's fast and can fight good. I can't get enough of scrappy fights with lots of movement and repositioning, and shooters let me do that in ways other weapon classes don't. I don't love dualies or the 52 because of the inaccuracy (yes I know they're accurate after the dodge roll but still), and I don't love the Splash or Zap as much because of the 4 shot kill. I still play those weapons, but my one true love is the Splattershot.

Cursed

Inkling
I actually mained slosher/slosher deco/soda slosher from the start to end of splatoon 2!! When 3 dropped I switched to machine as slosher didn't click for me anymore. But machine didn't either. I was having my midline weapon crisis. Nothing felt good. Until I met her... 7 months later and we are married and have 2 beautiful dynamolings. Life gets better, always remember that

Lilac0

Inkster Jr.
The Undercover Brella, because I love the combination of offence and defence. Being able to poke and retreat is such a fun part of it, especially with ink mine. I love sneaking into the enemy base to skirmish and cause chaos, all warfare is based on deception

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
I actually mained slosher/slosher deco/soda slosher from the start to end of splatoon 2!! When 3 dropped I switched to machine as slosher didn't click for me anymore. But machine didn't either. I was having my midline weapon crisis. Nothing felt good. Until I met her... 7 months later and we are married and have 2 beautiful dynamolings. Life gets better, always remember that
DYNAMOLINGS?? Who carried the babies 😨

Bluejay

Inkster Jr.
Splattershot since I have no prior shooting game experience & wanted to start with the most basic, jack-of-all-trades weapon to learn the game. (Also I watched Neppi and think he's cool.) Then I never switched to anything else because shot just feels so good, the kit is perfect for it, in the beginner days when I get locked down by a backline I can just zooka them away (x Nowadays I appreciate its mobility and versatility in team plays. I love you splattershot, never change <3

Last edited:

SquinjaSpl

Inkling
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
I started to main wiper when the demo testfire came out bc ninja type stuff is my whole thing, and then I found out about chara and saw how good the stamper is compared to wiper bc of it's combos and the special looked cool so i picked it up (I also don't really like the new kit but i like how the splatana 2nd kits are more support based)

Bluejay

Inkster Jr.
I love the plain old Splattershot, pretty much since I picked up the game late S2. It paints good, it isn't ink hungry, but above all else, it's fast and can fight good. I can't get enough of scrappy fights with lots of movement and repositioning, and shooters let me do that in ways other weapon classes don't. I don't love dualies or the 52 because of the inaccuracy (yes I know they're accurate after the dodge roll but still), and I don't love the Splash or Zap as much because of the 4 shot kill. I still play those weapons, but my one true love is the Splattershot.
Omg I have the exact same opinions as you about the other things you mentioned XDDD shot is just that sweet spot isn't it

S3LKIE

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
i main wiper. although i have a diverse weapon pool. I started maining it because jaymoji mentioned it in a video lol and i was getting into splatoon properly and trying more weapons. i love the main weapon because of its fluidity and speed. and the way it can just play in so many different ways! plus its a challenge so it feels rewarding!!

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Tri-slosher Nouveau my best friend Tri-slosher Nouveau... In the hype for the upcoming season when Tri-Nouveau was released I'd been discussing with some friends over what sorts of weapon kits we'd like to see, and my two big hopes were that we'd get new kits for either Tri-slosher or Heavy Splatling, since those were two weapons I'd started playing recently at the time, and then something that I would like playing that also had Fizzy Bomb as a sub, as all Fizzy weapons at the time were ones I didn't really enjoy playing, but the sub itself seemed interesting. Getting a Tri-slosher kit with Fizzy/Tacticooler was literally a dream come true (Especially given that Tacticooler was and still is my favorite special). Just finished getting the 5 star for it half an hour ago!

Beyond just "It literally fit everything I was hoping for at the time", it really just fits my playstyle really well and compliments my strengths while mitigating my weaknesses. I'm no competitive player nor do I strive to be, and play exclusively in handheld with sticks, so a weapon that makes up for my inherently worse aim like Tri-slosher really benefits me, and then Fizzy for that sweet sweet movement and chip damage. And of course, Tacticooler is just a great special as is. Plus now I get to dress my player character like a dad on a beach vacation. I even brought sodas for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom