• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

When do you booyah and c'mon

elearu

Inkling
I usually use C'mon when behind or when I notice the other team has maybe 1-2 players alive to attempt a signal to pressure the other team. I only usee Booyah for two reasons, witnessing multiple kills from 1 player in a matter of seconds, like 2 kills one right after another, or if I die to alert the team of my location.

Terramax

Inkling
I almost always say 'come' when I'm in the enemy base, and my three other team mates are all huddled together, farting about, on an area of the map that we've already more than got covered. I generally try to infiltrate the enemy base, and keep the opposite team busy by running rings around them, so that my fellow players can ink as much as the arena as possible.

EDIT:

I constantly yell "C'mon" when I've invaded enemy territory so I can get backup, because most my teammates are idiots and are still covering the base a minute into the game.
Heh, just like @ZypkerGaming here.

ZapperSquid89

Inkling
I booyah when I get a triple splat or we are winning by a huge margin.

I come on when we are behind and need to rally to the chokepoint.

CinnaDonut

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SerFiora
I booyah when: 1. I'm in squid parties
2. when I want to motivate my team

I c'mon when: 1. I need help/when my team magically disappears and they're no where to be found
2. when someone on my team is afk at the spawn
3. In squid parties

CinnaDonut

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SerFiora
I booyah when: 1. I'm in squid parties
2. when I want to motivate my team

I c'mon when: 1. I need help/when my team magically disappears and they're no where to be found
2. when someone on my team is afk at the spawn
3. In squid parties

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
that moment when euros spam 'to me' to get backup, but the americans see it as 'booyah' and do nothing but spam 'booyah' back

_clementine

Inkster Jr.
I usually Booyah to kind of "high five" my teammates. But recently, I've used it more as a signal when I've been splatted by surprise.
I say "C'mon!" when I need backup, or to try to get my team to push forward.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
that moment when euros spam 'to me' to get backup, but the americans see it as 'booyah' and do nothing but spam 'booyah' back
We actually see "c'mon" which is a vague call out that could mean anything from "let's push" to "come to me" to "c'mon, why are you so bad?"

I accidentally pushed the up d-pad and had someone jump to me once when I didn't want them to. Then I've spammed it to get people to jump to me (when I'm alone defending the top of saltspray for instance) and all I get back were "booyah!"

I actually prefer the EU "to me!" and "nice."

TheN64

Inkling
NNID
N64PCGamer
I usually say C'mon (Over here in the french game) when my team should super jump to me because I'm the only one not being killed right at spawn. I also use it when I'm the only one chasing the rainmaker.

I usually say Booyah (Excellent in the french game) when we get the rainmaker, when everyone on their team gets splatted simultaneously and when we're really close to winning in zones.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I'm only ever on during jp/eu times, so I've gotten used to spamming booyah to congratulate. I don't like using it to indicate splats, because that wasn't it's original purpose, and I keep thinking I have a really happy lobby. I only touch c'mon when I've taken out three people, and really want them to rally together.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
I'm playing the German language version of the game, so C'mon = Zu mir! (To me) and Booyah = Cool!. In other words, the translation interprets the Come On from the Japanese version (I'll just assume that they translated from Japanese and not from the US version, considering the rest of the text) as a shout for help, basically. Although I never use it in a dire situation, way too busy trying to survive x'D I usually use it when I broke through somewhere towards the enemy base while my team is in the back, asking for some backup to push. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. As for Booyah/Cool, I use it to encourage or thank my team mates, when they save my *** or revenge me or something like that.

In fact, I do believe the "C'mon" command is supposed to be a cry for help to begin with, I have seen one or two other translations interpreting it similarly. Though, at least to my understanding, "C'mon" is rather arbitrary as a command in both Japanese and English...

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
"Nice!" or "Cool!" to congratulate teammates and during start when I notice some of my friends are in my team to say hello.
"To me!" to tell them to help me.
Simply this.

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I never use c'mon, I use booyah when either a teammate uses it or I splat a couple people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom