When will you be buying the game?

When will you get the game?

• A: Release date! This game looks swag!

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • B: After release date. I want to see if this game is actually competitively viable.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • C: Never! I don't want this crappy game! How did I get on this website!?

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • D: I haven't decided yet...

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
Its the competitive aspect of the game that appeals to me, I reckon I will get bored of this game pretty quickly without it so I'm waiting to see whether Nintendo has actually given the game the basic features it requires to become competitively viable. Since the only Nintendo games I play at the minute are Melee and PM I don't want to waste money money on a console and game I wouldn't really use. I did the same thing for Halo MCC and the Xbox One and saved a bunch of money when the game turned out to be a complete disaster.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I'm interested in the game, but I'm not about to throw 60 bucks at a game that I might not even like.
See, the joke is that we're all avid supporters of the game and we'll back the game up no matter what... I mean that's practically what the site is for. What's the point in making an account otherwise? Might as well lurk.

Lightzeaka

Full Squid
NNID
Lightzeaka
See, the joke is that we're all avid supporters of the game and we'll back the game up no matter what... I mean that's practically what the site is for. What's the point in making an account otherwise? Might as well lurk.
I won't defend the game no matter what, but I know that reviews won't determine whether or not I will like it. I know I'll have to spend a good three hours on the game before I decide if I like it or not. But it seems like I will love it, so I'm going to get it.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I won't defend the game no matter what, but I know that reviews won't determine whether or not I will like it. I know I'll have to spend a good three hours on the game before I decide if I like it or not. But it seems like I will love it, so I'm going to get it.
That's more or less what I meant. We know we're going to like the game, most likely. Buy the game, and then decide if you like it or not. You can't determine it all from gameplay. Know that from experience.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Because if Splatoon becomes the next #1 eSport, I can point to my account and be like "I was in there on the GROUND FLOOR, MAN."

At the end of the day, it's all about that eSports cred.

Arne

Full Squid
NNID
Arne83
I have it pre-ordered, so I have no reason not to get it day 1.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I'll say it like this. I plan on having the game in my possession in less than a month from right now.

Wil

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wilemina
I have the Squid amiibo pack and both the boy and girl inkling amiibos preordered at my local GAME store (in the UK) so I'll be picking them up at opening time on 29th. GAME preorders get a Splatoon tentacle hat too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom