• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which level did you like more in the demo?

?

• Total voters

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Well, iirc there's two ways off the spawn platform. One drops you near the halls, the other is one of the open areas. I think maybe ink could be shot up there with a charger, but have no idea.
I did try in one game squid jumping on the crates to get up there but you barely reach. Unless there's a way to get up there, Chargers should have a nice time camping at base.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Saltspray rig. The warehouse is fine too but I just prefer the other.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I loved Saltspray Rig! It had so many alternate paths you could take and LOTS of vertical strips that you could use to climb on top of things. My favorite was when Rollers would come at me in the middle section, and I'd just escape up and over a wall and shoot at them

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I want to bring something up about Rig. Am I wrong or is it impossible to reach the enemy base area? If so I think someone should really ink the entire area. easy and free points. like many have noticed, many players just barrel towards the frontlines and don't even ink around the spawn...
Two things
1. Inking the area around the spawn circle is not that usful it doesn't give much... It's pretty much a waste of time while you could hurry up and go help your team in the big areas
2. Players get respawned all the time, Because of the fact the paths are so thin when they swim to the big areas they'll just ink their way and that's it one respawn and all of your hard work went for nothing, you better just go help your team
BUT
this area though

Inking this in the other team's side will be usful because players usually do not stop to ink there if they're in a hurry (and players are always in a hurry in this stage)

Snowboar

Full Squid
NNID
Snowboar
Saltspray Rig hands down.

Map control is way more important on this map, because of the size of the map. Very easy to rack up point early on and then focus on killing the opponent. Which is fun

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Walleye felt much more action packed, so I'm voting for the Warehouse.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Walleye Warehouse is about as linear as Urchin Underpass to me. Saltspray rig had opposing sniper roosts/walls in the middle that also offered a means of getting away from people trying to sneak up behind you. I personally loved the layout of Saltspray rig.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Two things
1. Inking the area around the spawn circle is not that usful it doesn't give much... It's pretty much a waste of time while you could hurry up and go help your team in the big areas
2. Players get respawned all the time, Because of the fact the paths are so thin when they swim to the big areas they'll just ink their way and that's it one respawn and all of your hard work went for nothing, you better just go help your team
BUT
this area though

Inking this in the other team's side will be usful because players usually do not stop to ink there if they're in a hurry (and players are always in a hurry in this stage)
I don't agree with this. Here's a video where the guy covers the base and gets 56P
According to the Point thread this translates to 3.00% at the end of the game (56p/18.65404p = roughly 3.00) which is by no means a waste of time.
Also there are 3 other teammates getting to the center. I can see adjusting the strategy so you ink the base when you respawn if securing turf is that big a priority though.

And I don't understand the second point. The enemy can't effectively ink your base in Rig.

PixL

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PixLPaintBrush24
Walleye Warehouse is seriously INTENSE! You either gotta push or BE pushed. I love the pressure of that place.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Walleye Warehouse is seriously INTENSE! You either gotta push or BE pushed. I love the pressure of that place.
yeah, with all liner maps, it is and will be a tug of war for sure. they will be more fun when games can be organized and it's not just a clusterf&^k like in turf war :p

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I don't agree with this. Here's a video where the guy covers the base and gets 56P
According to the Point thread this translates to 3.00% at the end of the game (56p/18.65404p = roughly 3.00) which is by no means a waste of time.
Also there are 3 other teammates getting to the center. I can see adjusting the strategy so you ink the base when you respawn if securing turf is that big a priority though.

And I don't understand the second point. The enemy can't effectively ink your base in Rig.
Oh I see I see
Yeah you're right, I never looked at that area I was sure it's tiny

The second point is about him saying that it's impossible to reach the enemy's base so I explained why it's not effective anyway and what is effectivce sometimes
Maybe my formulation was messy so you didn't understand... Sorry, not English native here, I'm still learning

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Oh I see I see
Yeah you're right, I never looked at that area I was sure it's tiny

The second point is about him saying that it's impossible to reach the enemy's base so I explained why it's not effective anyway and what is effectivce sometimes
Maybe my formulation was messy so you didn't understand... Sorry, not English native here, I'm still learning
Don't worry, I was just a bit confused.
But yes, in Walleye Warehouse the spawn area is much smaller. If we were comparing spawns I would say that one is much less worth it (although I would ink it anyway...)

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I definitely enjoyed Saltspray Rig better than Walleye Warehouse because it's easier to spread the salt matches feel more unpredictable. Fights broke out all over the map while in the warehouse it was mostly restricted to the center. Every weapon can do well on Saltspray; rollers for covering the most territory, chargers can take the high ground and lock down areas, and splattershot type weapons are good all-around.

Earthhalite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Earthhalite
I have to go with Saltspray Rig on this one due to how vertical the map can be, using the crate stack and crane platform in the back area for example. Plus I also felt there was more to learn on that map than Walleye Warehouse, not that i dislike the warehouse.

Davybot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Davybot
the Rig. Mostly cause I liked hanging out in that rectangle in the southern area and guard it lmao

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
Saltspray Rig definitely felt superior in my opinion for Turf Wars in comparison to Walleye Warehouse.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Saltspray Rig was just such an amazingly designed map with a lot of interesting elements to control. You've got the narrow walkways in the middle, the square at the bottom, the elevator, and best part is the large area at the top. Trying to control that section got really intense.

Walleye Warehouse just didn't really grab me the same way. It feels very cramped, and it's lacking in flanks.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I preferred the warehouse in all honesty. it was cozier and more compact and made fights feel more tense and controllable than the rig to me. it also put an immense focus on pressure, and I love putting on pressure, as it means I almost always have something to do. I felt like I had to just kind of go through the motions sometimes in the rig, there wasn't always the tense need to pressure feeling. I always had plenty of space, and that made me feel sluggish and a tad less excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom