Which Splatoon game has the best music?

emternal

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6199-8722-8886
I'm genuinely curious. I personally prefer Splatoon 2's music because it's more chill and also has a good vibe. I enjoy Bottom Feeders music a lot. Splatoon 3's singleplayer music is pretty solid too, however the multiplayer songs don't hit as hard as the other games. Splatoon 1 has decent music as well, I just like 2's music overall.

What about everyone else? 👀

PikaCress

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
pocketrocket421
Switch Friend Code
SW-8251-0155-9628
I think they all have their own best music in certain sections (ex. story, online, lobby) but I don't know what would be the best overall

PinkSunrise

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0246-3216-6911
I really got into the series around 2, and all of the multiplayer music is really good in that game. Despite 3's matching my favorite style more than 2, I prefer 2s music. I never played all that much Splat 1, so kinda loses by default lol.

Abyss

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-0059-3054-7720
for me it's definitely Octo Expansion.

Boingloing

Inkling
Pronouns
he/they
NNID
Scales
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-9313-1318
I think my tier list the PvP songs is 2 < 1 < 3, but my favorite song in the series is Kraken Up from S1

pock

Inkling
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-3023-0356-7144
i vibe with 3's music the most, but i like rock, metal, or generally anything that's on the heavier side. a few of 3's tracks have that kind of sound.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
3 by far. I have a soft spot for Splat's music in general because it's tied to positive experiences over the years, but 3 is the first game to consistently deliver music that I actually enjoy listening to by its own merits. Only a few select tracks really come close to that in 1 or 2.

I think a great demonstration of this comes from how many Smash players think the music tracks that come with Moray Towers in Smash Ultimate are meh. The only people who pick that stage to enjoy the music are Splat vets in the mood for some nostalgia from what I've seen.

Mr Sark

Inkster Jr.
Splat 2 music because we got inkoming which just fits splatoon so well

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
While picking up music for a playlist I was making, I found that I enjoyed a LOT of Splatoon 2's music in comparison to the other two games. For Splatoon 1, there's not really a whole lot of songs, and for Splatoon 3, well, I only liked 3 songs out of the bunch. I remember reading someone saying that 2's music has that "hip teen" feeling to it, and I totally understand what they mean. The music is refreshing, striking, with a bit of an edge that doesn't drive it to "ow my ears" territory.

Some songs I like from 2 are Endolphin Surge, Muck Warfare, and Shooting Starfish. OE adds Shark Bytes and Crush. These are songs I have listened to on-repeat and thoroughly enjoyed, and would revisit more than favorites from other games in the series. They just sound so fun!

kaasiand

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5912-2184-1423
  • 1 has the most consistently good songs imo
  • i wasn't a big fan of 2 going for a too different vibe, but it has some great exceptions like blitz it
  • with earlier s3 songs i didn't really like how it mostly felt like it was trying to copy the vibe of s1's songs without feeling as earnest as them. digging most of the newer songs though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom