• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which Weapon Set Are You Interested in the Most?

Geistbox

Full Squid
Aerospray MG, if only because those seeker mines seem to provide some great forward offensive and ink coverage, plus I love rapid fire weapons (and the Inkzooka seems like a pretty balanced Special Weapon to bring along).

Flakk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Magolorthegreat
I would probably default to some splattershot based weapon, most likely the areospray, with the Splat Bomb and the Killer Wail. I know 2 of those items are in the testfire but I guess I just trust those items for the moment. The killer wail doesn't seem too popular but I like that you can use it to force people to stop turtling/camping and if the enemy has claimed a high spot the item is a free chance to take over

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」

This set was very strong in the test fire demo. Quick damage and decent paint coverage + team support with bubbler. This honestly felt like the strongest option overall out of the 4 weapons in the demo. Bubbler is such a good special.

I usually play a support role in most games that I play and snipers are generally my preferred weapon in a lot of shooters. Something about the Splat Charger felt off in the test fire. Not sure if it was the stages, or the slow nature of the gun itself. I only tried the Splat Charger a couple of times before switching to the Splattershot Jr for the remainder of the test fires. Definitely want to give this gun another try with more maps and game modes. Gun looks super strong on the skate park stage.

Seems like the perfect sniper for me. Bubbler for team support or to get away from surprise attacks and Point Sensor for even more support to reveal enemies for your team. Seems pretty solid as a full support weapon.

Earthhalite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Earthhalite
I want to try most of the weapons, but I'm leaning toward, the aerospray mg and the classic squiffer as my go to equipment.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
looks like aerospray mg/rg take the cake.

i know i personally will favor faster firing kits (as will tons of other people i can already tell you) or any setup that gives you bubbler/seeker

won't waste my time with the normal splattershot at level 2 or whenever it unlocks early on (not a fan of the burst bomb and bomb rush and i'll never use it after level 5 so it's pointless to me) and wait till the tentatek splattershot (suction bomb and inkzooka?! yes plz!) or splattershot pro unlocks.

all the high damage weapons with a slow rate of fire will be nice if you can surprise/ambush/get the drop on your opponent in this game. i will play with the .52 gal, blaster, rapid blaster, and .96 gal kits as i was primarily a demoman in tf2 and will feel the need to cause kids to esplode in Splatoon for the lols.

i'll get the roller, but i honestly do not know how much i will use it. after seeing the ridiculousness of the dynamo roller, i am over rollers because they get slower. will see if just getting run speed buffs on gear will affect that (and probably mixing in ink resistance to avoid being trapped by enemy ink.)

so much to do break down and repeatedly test! ONE WEEK LEFT!

Immortal

Inkster Jr.
Aerospray is looking really good, I'm also interested in the slower firing weapons like the 52. gal and the blasters. I really want to try the dynamo roller myself, I've not seen anyone use the deflection it apparently has effectively yet.

So many cool weapons to try!

Kielhaul

Inkster Jr.
NNID
JADbones96
I'm excited for the splattershots, mainly the .52 gal and blaster. They look interesting along with being a heavy hitting version of this class.

Cottoneyes

Inkling
The .52 Gal Deco feels more up my alley as a set.

Chances are I'll try a speed build for it.

Howl7

Pro Squid
the set Aerospray RG, Ink Mine and Inkstrike is the most interesting for me, i hope to have a good feeling with this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom