• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who is really gonna get the Switch on launch day?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Is anyone really gonna get the Switch on Day 1, mainly for Zelda? Surely everyone wants to play BOTW on that thing. I've been looking at its launch titles...and nothing really interests besides Zelda. There is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in April, but the new content looks like another DLC pack charged at full price. And yeah, there is the Splatoon 2 Testfire in late March, but the full game won't be out until summer.

Also, I looked back on Twilight Princess which was a Wii launch title, and then it released on GCN weeks later.

I've been wondering to see the reason of buying a new console at launch for a specific game when it's known that game will release on the previous system too. Besides the whole "it runs better on Switch" reason, I'm kinda conflicted on which version is the better buy.
Wii U costs $60
Switch technically costs $360

RoyBleizeken

Inkling
I am getting the Nintendo Switch at launch.
My reasons to that is because of the upcoming games and the Switch itself is a pretty cool game system.
A fusion between a console and a handheld is what I'm quite excited for.
And My Top 5 Most Anticipated Switch Games:
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Super Bomberman R
3. Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
1. Splatoon 2

That's all I have to say.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I entered a couple of Youtube giveaways of the system in question, so its basically a so-so for me. I like the Switch games that were shown, and I'll most likely get Zelda and Super Bomberman R first.

Also I want to get in the whole Switch party early. I've gotten systems prior to the Wii U pretty late in their cycle, as well as get used to some of the new features the Switch has. Oh, and I want to spend the last couple of months having free online for a Nintendo console.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I think the better question is, who is really going to get the Switch on launch day that both wants to and is able to? :p I mean I will if I can, but I'm not counting on it.

RoyBleizeken

Inkling
I was working today, I saw over 20 Nintendo Switches were delivered to the store where I work at. I got a chance to see the box of the Switch. I'm happy my Pre-Ordered Switch has arrived!
XD

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
Not bothering with the possible disappointment of Nintendo launch pre-orders. I'll just play Zelda on WiiU and buy the Switch when I see it in the stores. Im strangely hoping for a delay of the release of Splatoon. It will surely keep me indoors on those nice sunny days when I should go out skating, running or hiking.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I am, partially because I just can, partially for Breath of the Wild. BOW it looks like Zelda+Fallout and I really enjoy Fallout. Splatoon testfire is a bonus. I want to get Switch games early so I can join in the discussion and hype, instead of reading all the discussion later like I normally end up doing.

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
I've changed my mind slightly. I will not resort to pre-order anytime soon, but I will check tomorrow morning if any Switches are available outside of the pre-orders (it is only a 5 minute walk from my house).

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
I was going to get it on launch day, then they cancelled the preorder on me...Now I've preordered BOTW for Wii U and I just don't care, I'll pick it up when it's readily available. I'm going to miss the option of taking it on the go, but I'm not wasting my whole weekend trying to track one down just for that.

Windows95

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4161-2129-8915
Have one! To this particular store (pretty large one), they delivered more than enough to handle the pre-orders AND satisfy everyone who was there on launch. The only rarity was the LTD edition of BoTW, but I was going for the standard anyway. Also bought a pro controller and a carrying case.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Got it at midnight, been playing BotW all night (night shift is finally good for something). Bretty good so far. It does have motion controls for certain things like the bow, not particularly useful though because it's smoothed and low sensitivity. I won't give any spoilers but protip: if you get a boomerang you have to catch it on the way back, don't hurl it into the lake as it flies past .....

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well color me surprised, I actually managed to get a hold on a Switch on launch day just walking into a store. Not that it's getting set up today, I've got other stuff to do :P

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Idiot that I am, I lucked out something fierce. Called up the local Gamestop, they told me they had four non-preorder Switches available, and exactly one was yet to be claimed. So sallied I and my grandmother over to that Gamestop, securing my place in the line for the Switch I thought I'd be too late for.

Between dying of thirst (as usual), holding back a few gifts for the water closet (been through worse), and one of the other kids' mom trying to beg the place to give her family two (rule was one-per-household), it was a rough 6 hours in line. Was it worth it?
...well, veni vidi vici and so on, so probably. Thank God I don't have classes on Fridays.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I would if I could but in my country we can only get Nintendo stuff on a fair price through black market or scalpers on internet. I'll check tomorrow to see how expensive it is close to launch week, here on my country's eBay internet people are charging around US$1000 for Switch.

There was once a Nintendo partner here selling games at a decent price, everyone bought of them but they left my country on 2014. To catch the scene, regular version of Smash Bros for Wii U is around US$100 on common stores.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Well, I somehow managed to get one this morning even after that order cancellation by just walking into a a Target as they were opening. They had 23 in stock and 17 people were in line, so I got #18. Walked out happy with a pro controller too. All things considered maybe I skip the best buy preorder next time and just go straight to Target.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Well, I somehow managed to get one this morning even after that order cancellation by just walking into a a Target as they were opening. They had 23 in stock and 17 people were in line, so I got #18. Walked out happy with a pro controller too. All things considered maybe I skip the best buy preorder next time and just go straight to Target.
Got any games? I'm so concerned of numerous posts reporting Joy Con lags and issues.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is a character that I love and yet I still recoiled when this screen came up :D
IMG_20170303_151926826_HDR.jpg

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
I've played breath of the wild and the snipperclips demo no joycon issues here. Honestly I think the joycon issue isn't as serious as some might think. Just don't throw your dock behind the TV or in a cabinet and don't play through large obstructions or water and chances are you're fine. Maybe if you have a ton of wireless interference it might be worse, but I'm in an 8-plex apt building and even all the wireless routers aren't causing issues. I didn't even have problems when I turned the microwave on, and that can take out my wireless printer easily.
Got any games? I'm so concerned of numerous posts reporting Joy Con lags and issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom