• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who will be up 4am with me? (Splatoon Demo Times)

lightdasher

Pro Squid
UK
Europe
Americas

Are these times convenient for you? not for me, I'll be asleep 4am-5am, then I work from 10am to 1pm so I'll miss that slot, and I probably wont even have access to my Wii U around 8pm, might try and wake up at 5am though and hope I can get into work.

UK here by the way.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I will make sure to play the 'demo' when it is available.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I didn't realize until now but I can actually manage 2 out of 3 of those. just requires getting up early!

hell maybe even all three if I get out of work soon enough : o

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
I'm rushing home Friday to play at 8 and I'm definitely gonna try for the Saturday noon to 1 PM time slot. It's that 4 - 5 AM that I'm debating if I want to regret later.

It kinda bugs me that the times are only an hour. Why not give us bigger windows (or hell even the whole weekend)? If North America, Europe, and Japan are all cramming into Nintendo's servers all at once for a tiny window, I'm not optimistic that their servers can handle it. I'll still be online trying though lol

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
I'm going to do my best to play during all the times and stream every minute. I'm so excited!

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
I can probably do the friday one and the later saturday one. Dont think I can be up at 7am for the first saturday one

lightdasher

Pro Squid
A lot of you lucky Americans get to play tomorrow, where as I have to break myself out of bed to play the same time you'd be playing

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
For me the times are okay. 11 to 12pm on Friday (yay for no school!) Then 7-8am and 3-4pm. Even though I don't like to get up early on Saturdays, being able to play at least a bit of Splatoon makes it all worth while for me!

Although, I do want to get everyone's input on this. I'm presuming that the only weapon available is the Splattershot, but I don't see why they couldn't have just given us the demo that the press got a few weeks ago. (With Octo Valley levels 1,3,4, and 5.) Why couldn't they have just gone with that?

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I might just stay up until 5am to play that 4-5am slot, then go to sleep and wake up to play the 12-1pm slot lol.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
You know that I will play that early in the morining. It'll make up for the fact that I won't be playing it on Friday. I'll also stream it.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I don't want to stay up until 4am to just play the demo for an hour or so. I'll get some sleep and play it in the two other chances I get. Really wish it wasn't so severly limited like this.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I would actually not be surprised if this happened every weekend up until launch...

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
so hyped, i hope this game will be at evo 2016

Setnaro X

Full Squid
I'll be available for the Friday hours. It starts at 11pm for me. I'll try and make it for Saturday, but I may be busy just because I got friends dragging me to go see The Avengers.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
The reason are three different times is so everyone can join in without having to wake up in the middle of the night.

But that's not gonna stop me waking up in middle of the night. See ya there. ;)

lightdasher

Pro Squid
The reason are three different times is so everyone can join in without having to wake up in the middle of the night.

But that's not gonna stop me waking up in middle of the night. See ya there. ;)
Unfortunatly for me I work on Saturday, so I'll only be able to get the 4am-5am time if I want to play the demo at all

Winter Soldier

Inkling
My bet is we blow up the servers trying to all log in at the same time and they have to redo the whole event again.

But hey, I could be wrong.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Here's how it's gonna go down for me (the times are off because I'm in Central Time)

Today- Download the game
Tomorrow- Get a good nap at around 4:00, set an alarm for 9:30 (the Friday Demo starts at 10 PM in my time), then go to sleep.
Saturday- Wake up early at 5:30, then play from 6 to 7, and then hopefully I'll have enough energy to stay awake until 2 PM so I can play the last one.
Sunday- Digitally Pre-order the game (screw the Gamestop pre-order crap).

Three hours of Splatoon.... Three whole hours...! I hope Nintendo does this every weekend until the game releases as @Bellebound said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom