• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who will be up 4am with me? (Splatoon Demo Times)

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
For me the times are okay. 11 to 12pm on Friday (yay for no school!) Then 7-8am and 3-4pm. Even though I don't like to get up early on Saturdays, being able to play at least a bit of Splatoon makes it all worth while for me!

Although, I do want to get everyone's input on this. I'm presuming that the only weapon available is the Splattershot, but I don't see why they couldn't have just given us the demo that the press got a few weeks ago. (With Octo Valley levels 1,3,4, and 5.) Why couldn't they have just gone with that?
Friday for you would be 11-12 am not pm my friend ;)

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
I definitely won't be able to play on Saturday at 7am EST (I go to bed late, but not 7am late. Need that sleep, bruh), but I will undoubtedly be able to attend Friday night's event and Saturday afternoon. Super excited!

Game is already preordered and is a day one buy for me. So as far as I'm concerned this demo won't influence a decision I made since it debuted at E3 last year, but it'll certainly be fun to try it out a bit and get a better, hands-on understanding of Splatoon and its mechanics before its release, even if only for up to 3 hours.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Here's how it's gonna go down for me (the times are off because I'm in Central Time)

Today- Download the game
Tomorrow- Get a good nap at around 4:00, set an alarm for 9:30 (the Friday Demo starts at 10 PM in my time), then go to sleep.
Saturday- Wake up early at 5:30, then play from 6 to 7, and then hopefully I'll have enough energy to stay awake until 2 PM so I can play the last one.
Sunday- Digitally Pre-order the game (screw the Gamestop pre-order crap).

Three hours of Splatoon.... Three whole hours...! I hope Nintendo does this every weekend until the game releases as @Bellebound said!
why preorder after the test instead of before? your test inkling gets gear to use during the demo if you have the game digitally preordered lol

unless you're gonna decide about getting the game after trying the demo

lightdasher

Pro Squid
My bet is we blow up the servers trying to all log in at the same time and they have to redo the whole event again.

But hey, I could be wrong.
Well it IS meant to be a stress test, if it does then, then Nintendo know to fix that before release.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Let's see, US central time...

10 PM. Why that late? (can still make it)
6 AM. Why that early?
2 PM. I'm down with this.

Can't wait.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
why preorder after the test instead of before? your test inkling gets gear to use during the demo if you have the game digitally preordered lol

unless you're gonna decide about getting the game after trying the demo

I didn't find that out until right after posting that! I'll preorder tomorrow then, I've decided I really want to digitally download the game after some consideration.

EST Times are:
Friday
11pm-12am

Saturday
7am-8am
3pm-4pm

The way I see it, I get to play the earliest with the most comfortable time ( :3 )
But you'll likely miss the first demo unless you plan to stay up that late! Central Time rules!

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
From my experience I think it's obvious this is more a test on their end rather than ours. They're putting severely limited times at different time intervals trying to stress test the Splatoon servers. How many people can it handle? For how long? etc.
I'll be hoping to play at each time period but I highly doubt I'll get the chance.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
Thank you Pacific time zone, I'll be able to play at 8PM. Chances are I'll forget though.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I will definitely try, as I live in EST.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'll be up, maybe to catch some people who will be streaming the game.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Yup. Going to wake up an hour before the first one starts and just stay up until the third one ends. I don't have any plans, so...

See you there!

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
EST (My timezone) probably has the most reasonable times. Using an alarm I will play ALL three hours! :)

Mataata

Inkling
NNID
Mataata
I'm going to try to make every test. Thankfully they aren't at terribly bad hours for me (CST).

Wil

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wilemina
I'm up! It's finally stopped raining in Yorkshire!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom