Why are Motion Controls Avoided?

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
So, I'm going to express what a few people have addressed already. I feel quite comfortable with the right stick. Motion controls I have yet to actually devote myself too. However, as a defensive player, I'm not too often in the muck having to worry too much about super quick turns, so to myself, it's not too terrible. With that said, chargers absolutely LOVE motion controls, as without them, you're kind of at a disadvantage because not only can you slapshot, but it also cuts the time needed to turn in half or maybe by a third. I constantly tell myself I need to buckle down and try and give them a shot, I've just yet to bring myself to do so. With the kelp splattershit/scope I can see that being EXTREMELY helpful.

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
Hit back on the left stick then hit Y. Instant 180 spin no matter what set up you're using. The camera resets to whatever direction you're facing.
I already use that, but it's not as controllable as motion controls, although it works.

Revolution5268

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Revolution_5268
People are not used to adapting new stuff. It took a while for people to get use to Wiimotes and same with controllers with two analogs.

Egolegume

Senior Squid
I'm a PC FPS player so the motion controls were actually easier to use than the joystick. I still use the joystick for movement and left/right, but I never grasped the joystick up/down the motion controls make up for that.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My only disconnect is that in Motion Control mode they disable vertical controls on the second stick, but it's easy to work around.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I never had a Playstation/XBox, I'm used to MousePC and Wii controller so the motion control works great for me.

akidas

Inkling
NNID
akidas
I use a charger and sticks... I dont see any issue?
Maybe it because i play other shooters with a controller and i usually snipe

NaniwaLion

Inkling
NNID
TCandGL
For me, I prefer the stick controls because I played CoD for so long. It is just something I picked up and easily got adjusted to. But I will say that motion controls do give an advantage to some people being that you can aim and move without using the right joystick and also jump while aiming. But other than that, sticks are just as efficient to use for Splatoon.
This is exactly the reason for me. Just got the game yesterday, and after years of stick use being burned into my mind and made into muscle memory, the first thing I did after the tutorial was try to find a way to use the sticks. Motion controls were cool, but it was just hard to adapt. Some people on here, from what I've read, say that the motion controls are faster/more fluid, so I might try it out in the future. But until I get the fundamentals down, I'm going classic.

Cyntehl

Inkling
NNID
Cyntehl
Only reason I can't use motion control is because the vertical axis cannot be flipped at all, it just disables it when you activate motion control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom