• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why do inklings suicide into the water when they panic?

BluEyes

Senior Squid
I find it seriously funny when out of panic people would rather jump into the water when they are chased after by a kraken. It cracks me up everytime!!

Do you have other LOL moments worthy of sharing?

TheElite711

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Elite
Jumping into the water and offing yourself that way actually reduces your respawn timer by a few seconds compared to normally getting splatted. It functions as a means of getting back in the game much faster.

As far as lol moments go, mine include...falling off the map.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have never seen someone suiciding on the game, only people falling to their death because they weren't paying enough attention...I must say I am one of these people... I also must say it happened far more than just once. Far more. By the way, earlier today I lol'd when I got pushed out of the map after I splatted the Rainmaker's shield. I wonder if someone was close enough to watch my moment of shame >_>

BluEyes

Senior Squid
I have never seen someone suiciding on the game, only people falling to their death because they weren't paying enough attention...I must say I am one of these people... I also must say it happened far more than just once. Far more. By the way, earlier today I lol'd when I got pushed out of the map after I splatted the Rainmaker's shield. I wonder if someone was close enough to watch my moment of shame >_>
I dunno about others, but im always catching inklings falling into the water maybe because it happens a lot in B. And trust me, many B inklings have chosen to leap to their death rather than fight the kraken. It could be they wanted to respawn quicker. But its still so cute and hilarious.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Sometimes people do it just so the person doesn't get the kill.

I love bubblers on Moray Towers during Tower control. They just so effortlessly fly off the tower and to their doom.

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
The only time I ever ran into the water because people are chasing me was in tower where I used the killer wil on top of the tower. Not the brightest idea if you're on top of the water or mid air.

Gourg31st

Inkling
Quicker re-spawn times. Though I do see quite a few suicides near the end of a match, like with 2 seconds left right by the base.

staindgrey

Inkling
NNID
staindgrey
I've fallen off the Tower into the water a bunch just from teammates unknowingly knocking me off.

It's embarrassing when it happens.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
I once killed myself to reset the rainmaker instead of trying to fight through the enemy team. I like to think that's why we barely won and would make a habit of it.
I've fallen off the Tower into the water a bunch just from teammates unknowingly knocking me off.

It's embarrassing when it happens.
At least you have an excuse, I fall off entirely on my own.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I once suicided myself in Bluefin Depot when I was about to be splatted. I left a splat bomb as a nice little parting gift then went through the grate. To my surprise I splatted my killer. Talk about going out with a bang lol

Mmmm whatcha saaaay? Mmmm that you thought you meant well? Well of course you did...

Last edited:

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Most of the time I end up falling in the water at Moray Towers or Bluefin Depot because I misjudge the squid-hop distance when trying to take shortcuts.

Once I got pushed off the side of the right-flank walkway on Bluefin because of the knockback from a Burst Bomb. Hey at least I didn't get splattered and cheated the opponent of my ink!

In a somewhat related accident, early in my game I once fell out of the side of Arowana Mall's alleyways due to squidhopping against the far side of the board and accidentally going throught the side of the fence. I was more amused than angered.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Keep telling yourself that. It's totally on purpose and definitely not carelessness. :p
I do it sometimes when I get pissed that we are losing and I am close to dying but sometimes the ink splash splats me in mid air inches above the water. Some is carelessness too. I love watching the person who just splatted me on the kill cam fall into the water shortly after splatting me.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i've fallen through the fence on the sides of arowana mall a few times. it's always a shock because i normally am paying attention to something else when i pop through the other side and die rather suddenly

I launched an Inkzooka shot over to a group of enemy Squid Kids, and one of them was like," Nuh uh, I'd rather suicide than get hit by that thing." And jumped into the water

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom