Why do inklings suicide into the water when they panic?

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Falling through grates into water. UGH. I often, way too often, forget that they are NOT a solid surface, and will attempt to swim on them. This of course never ends well.

Or there's the times where I've simply walked off an edge while shooting at someone. Or earlier, messing with a charger on the Rig, I'm up at a specific point, one of those sniper perches near the southern part of the map, I go to get an angle at an opponent crossing the center pathways, realize that I need to get closer to the edge. Okay, that makes sense, but the edge has a tiny little rise there, so I need to jump on it, okay I'll just do that and then I can aim, here I goooOOOHHHHH CRAP DAMMIT ARRRRRGGGHHHHH *splat* It all made perfect sense BEFORE I did it.

Kittyy

Inkling
NNID
MisdreavusKitty
Only time I do is by accident as I panic haha. Sometimes its an accidental mistake

Pikmin-ism42

Inkling
I remember fighting against a rather incompetent team in Turf War. The most notable memory I had of that event was being chased by an unmotivated-looking Kraken. I avoided most of his attempts at blindly running into me by literally jumping over him multiple times, and the instant he reverted to a humanoid Inkling I effortlessly took him out of his misery.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Done accidentally it's just a derp caused by an extreme lack of awareness.

there are plenty of reasons to self kill, though. But I'd rather just try a desperation super jump in all of those situations personally. But it is sometimes 'correct' if you think you'll 100% die with absolutely no gain for staying alive longer. It's really hard to argue that though, because the only time it's right would be if the opponent doesn't get an effective time gain for you dying faster and there's absolutely no chance of jumping away or winning the engagement, and it feels like in most situations where it would shave a noticeable amount of time off you should just super jump to a teammate or spawn.

JetSquidRadio

Inkling
I tempt fate and the game's connection because I try to jump around or over a kraken. I sometimes get away with it weirdly it just doesn't register.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I once tried to do this when there were 3 baddies surrounding me, and their blaster shot me just when i was above the water. I mean wth, can't i just drown in peace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom