Why do more people not use the Jr.?

batprince

Inkling
NNID
sailorscouts
Especially with Special Charge-Ups, it becomes deadly in the hands of a right player.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
Yay Honduran White Bats :3

I don't use the Jr. these days, mainly because I can't use it effectively against enemies that outrange me. Splat Bombs are basically my only option, but unless I get the toss dead on, the bombs will just roll off and they're very expensive ink wise. Bubbler will keep me alive, but this isn't very meaningful if I can't get close enough to hit critical enemies in the first place.

batprince

Inkling
NNID
sailorscouts
That is true, range is definitely an issue. But sneaking up on enemies when they least expect it, inking turf and staying behind teammates using Bubbler can be effective.

batprince

Inkling
NNID
sailorscouts
That is true, Setu, but the Bubbler is a very, VERY useful special in most cases. You can spread it to teammates, too, and it also charges fairly quickly on its own.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I like both the regular and the special version. Regular allows you to cover turf with it's great fire rate and efficiency to charge multiple Bubblers, great for Turf Wars in helping your team win battles. I prefer the Custom, as it combines the team support ability of Echolocator with the inkredible utility of Disruptors, which use much less ink and are harder to dodge than Splat Bombs.

When compared to the Aerospray, Splash-O-Matic, and N-Zaps the gun itself has few advantages. I think the ink efficiency might be better than the rest, but it has lower fire rate than the Aerospray, less accuracy than the Splash-O-Matic, and less range than the N-Zap. The main reason to use it is it's great specials.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To be honest, I see the Jr. every time I play. Back on topic; some might not use it due to playstyle differences (I, for one, like to play defensively from a distance, so I stick to the Heavy Splatling and the Jet Squelcher)

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Bad range, bad accuracy, bad damage
Yeah accuracy is the biggest turn off for me with this weapon. As someone who enjoys close combat situations I enjoy using the splash-o-matic or aerospray but never the Jr and even the bubbler doesn't make it worth it.

batprince

Inkling
NNID
sailorscouts
True. I guess I was mistaken. Maybe it's just my playstyle, I dunno. Accuracy was never really a problem for me, though, as I landed more shots than I missed, and I've saved my teammates many times with the Bubbler. To each their own, I suppose.

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
I'm using it, mainly on rainmaker, and its only drawback is its accuracy (or spreading). The range isn't a problem due to the configuration of the maps in general. You can always close the gap thanks to ink or a good position. I'm following some instruction I find in a guide on this website : Never looking for 1v1 or frontal assault. I always try to flank, to bait or to retreat if none of the others options is working.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Depends on the mode, but I still see them everywhere. I use the Jr. and the Splash-o-matic in turf wars and switch to rollers and brushes for ranked.

xj97

Inkling
NNID
melo
When it comes to turf wars i would say the Jr is more than an excellent weapon to have, as a jr user both custom and non custom i have found it to be incredibly effective in spreading the most ink possible and quickly charging up your ability. People like to argue that the jr is bad in accuracy, damage, and range. Which all are true but that is why both jr's have a sub weapon to suffice that with disruptors and the bubble. For i find that these two sub weapons come in handy to counter act the accuracy and damage. As for range just simply know your limitations and don't try to challenge a range weapon unless you have the advantage. Otherwise the Jr is great. But when it comes to rank that changes everything in my opinion perhaps i just haven't gotten that good at the jr.

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
It is outclassed in turf war because the RG's special is made for turf coverage. It is outclassed in ranked because of it's like of range. It would be nice in rainmaker if you could activate a special while holding the rainmaker.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
I myself main the jr and think it's an amazing versatile weapon.

quicker TTK than the Aerospray
Crazy Ink Efficient.
probably the most useful bomb weapon. Able to ricochet, explodes fast enough to catch some off guard and at the least can control a hallway for a few seconds. you can use it to kamikaze in a bad situation much easier than you would be able to with a suction bomb
Bubbler is your free "oops" button, though some are able to counter it, you should be able to recognize who is going to be able to counter it or not. use the invincibility to retreat if you're up against a smart opponent.
The bubbler can be used to push. If you round your whole team up and bubbler then they all get it. while one jr with a bubbler is an easy problem to deal with. a .52, tentatek, or squelcher with a bubbler is a nightmare and can quickly change the tide of the battle.
Yes, the accuracy is bad, makes the weapon fit more into an ambush playstyle, or forces you to use grenades to force a player into your favorable range
You won't win many face to face encounters, but that's one of the best things about this weapon. When I find myself playing the tentatek, or the .52 I end up challenging my opponent's range and getting splatted. the Jr. has VERY clear limitations that you need to be aware about. the gun makes you think creatively. what walls can i swim up in order to catch my opponent off guard? where will they be forced to run to if i throw a splat bomb there? This is not a gun for a soldier, you cant point shoot and win. It's a gun for a general, a strategist. Coupled with a great creative mind the gun has the tools to control the flow of battle further than merely splatting enemies.

also the ink efficiency and coverage is great in turf war and splat zones.

Aerotop

Inkling
I main the Jr for Turf war, and although the RG is probably better overall, I like the Jr's sub weapon more, plus the bubbler has some pretty nifty niches in terms of use.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I am starting to use the jr for turf wars and I think it's a great weapon especially when your teammates are in danger and you use the bubbler to help them out.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
It lasts for a few seconds and is not s fun special to me. Also little range. I would use it in orgsnized teams as support though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom