Why do rollers bounce off of things??

Miirisa

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Miirisa
Ok so I`ve noticed that sometimes when I use a roller and fling at some players the roller bounces off?? They sometimes get splatted and this happens when I`m standing on my own ink...Am I the only one experiencing this?? (This happens most of the time with my splatroller and of course near a ledge...)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Well, if you use a roller to roll directly into someone, you get knocked back, so maybe in addition to swiping at them, you are rolling into them for a moment

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
In this game you can't be in the same spot as another so teammate or other team can push you around. If you are on the tower on tc for example and you are just in the right(or wrong) spot, you can hit the tower pole and have it push you back enough to fall off. I also think there is some situations where lag can bug this and make it worse then intended (or how there is no Inertia mechanic makes things hard) When you fling and acutally hit someone with roller, if lag is acting funny you are pushed off them like the inkling space. It is the same thing when you use roller to run someone over but push off them because lag says no splat. This can happen to kraken too.

So simple words you are seeing that because lag makes the game funny sometimes,you are not suppused to be ”pushed back” when simply running over someone (comment to post 2) However if a person does shoot and hit you, you do move much slower.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
So simple words you are seeing that because lag makes the game funny sometimes,you are not suppused to be ”pushed back” when simply running over someone (comment to post 2) However if a person does shoot and hit you, you do move much slower.
Well, if you hit the RM shield you bounce back, and if you hit a person with a carbon roller or brush, you bounce back, so lag might make that happen to you with the splat rollers sometimes, if the kill wasn't registered for some reason and you hit them without killing

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Well, if you hit the RM shield you bounce back, and if you hit a person with a carbon roller or brush, you bounce back, so lag might make that happen to you with the splat rollers sometimes, if the kill wasn't registered for some reason and you hit them without killing
YES^^ it should not happen with normal rollers but lag can make it happen. For carbon it depends how close you are to them as you fling and aim, but too close push is supposed to happen because inkling space (stright close fling with carbon 1 hit though push shouldn’t happen with carbon if done right) RM shield is a bit different as it pushes you away, where inkling space may not push you much (it depends how both are moving on how big the push is) teammate can push you off the map because of this too.

Also being shot at and havign shoot lag may thorw you off what is going on. Once I had to rewatch video to see I was pushed in the water because of a wierd burst bomb hit. burstbombs can give very large pushes, beware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom