Why isn't fashion a choice?

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
i agree, though it might make ability stacking and editing a bit easier i would feel a lot better if i could get the same gear with various main abilities throughout the week.

shane3x

Full Squid
I choose mine for the looks, and I do just fine. Reroll and get the stat you want in the secondary!
Main abilities are much more powerful then a sub, and multiple subs produce diminishing returns on the effect. Also there are a few main abilities that you cannot get as subs at all like like Haunt and Cold Blooded.

That being said for the most part skill, situation awareness etc... will win the game over gear but it does have an impact especially if people are around the same skill level it can make all the difference.

I would like to be able to have visual clothes and the clothes I actually use for abilities like people have suggested.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I personally think it's also a matter of "Do I like the look I want to have?" or "Do I want to like the look I have?"
But hey, it takes hard work and determination in order to be fashionable. It's like that in the real world too.
Recently I created a group called the Cash Rollers if your hard on coins, wanna join?

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Do the abilities really make any kind of game changing difference?
All the effects seem so minor.
Yes,they do and they aren't minor. Ink Saver (main) for a main slot let you shoot like 5 seconds longer. The same effect of one main slot are 3 sub slots with the same ability. Ink Resistance lets you be way more faster in enemy ink and let you receive less damage in there. Ink Special Charge Up is giving you your special sooner...and many other useful abilities. Run Speed up ,damage up and defense up are basically useless though.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Some effects are noticable., such as Cold Blooded for example. Ink Resist is also something that is very much noticeable. Some effects are minor, or just not worth using.

shane3x

Full Squid
Some abilities aren't very useful *so far*. That might change when we play more and discover more. However quite a few abilities are quite useful. In a game of evenly matched players the right gear setup will make all the difference compared to the other team who didnt give a toss.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
That's the point that I was going to make. I point to Terraria in this instance.

The screenshot above is from a game called Terraria. The "equip" slots are for items you want the effect of. Now they will show on your character, unless you put something in the "social" slot. When something is in the social slot, you can wear that item, but you don't get the status effects or abilities from it.

Splatoon DESPERATELY needs that kind of system! I wanna look fresh while being fresh, but Splatoon wont let me do both T_T. Besdies as Marie said
"Winning is temporary, but looking cool is forever!"
This.

Smashwidget

Full Squid
NNID
Smashwidget
Yes,they do and they aren't minor. Ink Saver (main) for a main slot let you shoot like 5 seconds longer. The same effect of one main slot are 3 sub slots with the same ability. Ink Resistance lets you be way more faster in enemy ink and let you receive less damage in there. Ink Special Charge Up is giving you your special sooner...and many other useful abilities. Run Speed up ,damage up and defense up are basically useless though.
damage up in particular is very very good for the standard splattershot, as with one damage up it lets you one-hit kill after a direct hit with a burst bomb. Run Speed up is good for the Dynamo Roller as it lets you move faster while doing the flick.
Defense up is actually pretty good in general because it can turn certain fights into a trade or better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom