• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Why the E-Liter is a Good Weapon

blep

Inkster Jr.
ahh that makes sense. thank you. I'll have to think about the special saver. might be good on splashdown weapons too incase one gets shot out of it

and no I know better than to flex on you lol. sorry if I came off that way~ I was just mad that you used haunt, but your argument makes sense now. HOWEVER personally I think if you're looking for tracking ability, thermal might be a better choice as it (again) doesn't require you to die. Rain and thermal are a good combo and if they trip a mine (I think mines and rain both trigger thermal, if I'm wrong then ignore this)

why wouldn't you use E-liter in comp? especially if you're so damn good with it, it does so much that Splat Charger doesn't and especially with the stingray nerfs I wouldn't be surprised to see more E-liters at least in sq.

Swim speed is honestly the only ability eliter needs
That is a ballsy claim but okay~ you might want to consider dropping a little bit of SSU though with the new heavyweight buffs~

(If you're curious, here's my current build. will definitely be changing some things. Thanks for the tips)

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
ahh that makes sense. thank you. I'll have to think about the special saver. might be good on splashdown weapons too incase one gets shot out of it

and no I know better than to flex on you lol. sorry if I came off that way~ I was just mad that you used haunt, but your argument makes sense now. HOWEVER personally I think if you're looking for tracking ability, thermal might be a better choice as it (again) doesn't require you to die. Rain and thermal are a good combo and if they trip a mine (I think mines and rain both trigger thermal, if I'm wrong then ignore this)

why wouldn't you use E-liter in comp? especially if you're so damn good with it, it does so much that Splat Charger doesn't and especially with the stingray nerfs I wouldn't be surprised to see more E-liters at least in sq.

That is a ballsy claim but okay~ you might want to consider dropping a little bit of SSU though with the new heavyweight buffs~

(If you're curious, here's my current build. will definitely be changing some things. Thanks for the tips)
E-Liter Build looks pretty good to me although I still think Tenacity is really bad after having used it for quite some time a while ago. As for thermal, I would wanna kill anyone on my team using thermal ink on a blaster or charger, because sub and special weapons don't trigger it, and there's no point using it on a 1HKO weapon (blaster indirects don't trigger it either). As for E-Liter in comp, splat charger is far superior still because of that stingray and lethal bomb. E-Liter has its niche maps and such but in general the stingray backliner is too strong to pass up on. As I started in comp I used quite a bit of E-Liter, but as time went on I started basically only using Hero Charger because meta. Not too sure E-Liter will ever get its time to shine in this game tbh, but people like Pika3k have shown that it's not impossible to play it at a high level (and Pyon).

blep

Inkster Jr.
oh i didn't know that sub and special don't trigger thermal. yikes. i knew it was bad but not THAT bad.

IMHO I think E-Liter's niche is becoming bigger and the stingray nerfs will make some room for it. Stingray is also BAD in SZ. Not like bad bad, but it's the worst mode for it. and yes Pyon. he's inSANEly good. but who is Pika3k? Will look into him. I also don't know if you've heard of Latias but if you haven't, she's a charger main from AUS, also very very good~

well thanks! glad you like my build even though I really don't anymore~ I've been experimenting with Splat Charger a bit lately and the transition from E-Liter to Splat Charger killed me. Even though I've been mostly hanging out in Turf War since I got a Pro Controller and am relearning everything I knew about aim :D...not very fun~ Turns out I rely heavily...VERY HEAVILY on bombs and suffer without sub saver.

Thanks~ but what about Custom?

blep

Inkster Jr.
Every coward needs a weapon. Thankfully for them there’s long range sniper style ones in the game.
...People like you that say things like this are the people that don't need or deserve to be in the community. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Furthermore, you'd be surprised by the mental fortitude that a weapon like this requires. One could sink in hundreds of hours into the game and still not reach a very high level. I have 200 plus hours myself and am hitting brick wall after brick wall in S+0. It takes incredible patience and skill to play a charger, especially the E-liter. To resort to this level of personal attack is insulting not only to your target, but the amount of work they have put in to achieve a high level of play with a very difficult and high-risk weapon.

You're the coward. You hit @Mar$el below the belt and that's not okay. I'd say you owe an apology, but knowing your history of negative posts, I don't expect to see one from you.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I mean I'm unphased because he's just seeking attention, and negativity is the only way he gets it, so I'm staying quiet. I know I'm no coward, but there's no worth in feeding someone like him so... But anyways don't feel bad about 200 hours being S+0. I have like 1800 hours lmao and hover in X 2300-2400. I don't think I was S+ by 200 hours.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Every coward needs a weapon. Thankfully for them there’s long range sniper style ones in the game.
not gonna lie dude this is pretty haHAA i find funnier accounts and posts from people who do it unironically

blep

Inkster Jr.
haha I've been s+ since uhh probably 150 or so, but I'm still terrible. see my problem is not only are my teammates bad, but I'm also bad.

...it was a joke.

Y'know, my actual ranks are S+3 TC, S+2 RM, S+0 SZ and S CB. I just average it all to S+0, and that's probably a stretch because it's a difficult task for me to even keep my rank, and I haven't ranked up in anything in WEEKS. I'll probably be stuck here forever D:

Heh but anyway, what's your opinion on Tenacity? I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I think it's such a cool ability (and the Octoking Facemask is super fresh esp because it doesn't cover up my awesome man-ponytail)

Also, what's your opinion on running 1 SUB OF QUICK RESPAWN with Respawn Punisher, specifically to negate its respawn time effects? Does 1 sub of Special Saver also counteract additional special loss?

Also, hard stats for Tenacity:
-1 = 2.19 pts/s
-2 = 4.37 pts/s
-3 = 6.56 pts/s

Divide in half to average for QR. For every time ink hits the fan in a game, you can gain 15-30 or (rarely) as much as 100 pts of special FREE. I think that's a fair bit stronger than the 2s of SC you run but personal preference I guess.

Also, I'm going to steal your E-liter build until I decide for sure on Tenacity. I'll be sure to credit you~ :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom