• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Will getting 50 splats in a single game make me the undisputed G.O.A.T.?

Does scoring over 50+ splats make one worthy of being called the greatest ever?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

(X)

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4542-4584-1904
i wanted to know what accolade would be worthy of being considered the greatest achievement ever. I’ve scored 3,000+ in turf war over 10 Times now. I’ve taken the time to take a picture of 3 of them. And all the rest of the photos on my switch are turf war scores a little short of it, 2,900’s, 2,800’s, etc etc. I’ve only been in ranked a few weeks now but I’m started to feel as in the zone as I was feeling in turf war. I’ve got a long way to go, I’m at level 97 and it’s strictly from turf wars, but I want to enter competitions soon and it’s clear turf war skills will become useless in forums where ranked battles are the strict setting. The first turf war scores of 3,000+ were in the first 3 months of me playing splatoon and I was so clueless I didn’t know how to take pictures of my scores, this I hope explains why I’m at level 97 and thought turf war skills would win me contests . There’s an episode of Pokémon where pikachu beats raichu thanks to ash not rushing to evolve him and ensuring he learned everything there was possibly to turn in the pikachu stage, hopefully this formula can be successfully replicated in the leap from turf war to ranked. Anyways to put it short, if I achieve this goal am I the greatest of all time without question? Yes or no. I want to do for splatoon 2 what Michael Jordan did for basketball, what Floyd Mayweather did for boxing and what enstien did for science, thanks for taking the time to read, may 2018 be your best year ever .

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
You're well on your way to becoming the best goat you can be. You still have some more requirements to become the ultimate goat.

First thing you have to do is watch the following video every day:

It'll give you the same inspiration Ash got. You'll also get girls like Ash did!

Next you need to do isn't in ranked, but in league. You'll have to join a quad and fight against a Japanese team at around 2500 power. Then you need to have your teammates leave the match and beat the team on your own.

If you can do that, you'll be the biggest baddest goat around!

Last edited:

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I like how you deleted the other thread to dodge the criticism it received.On the plus side you have taken some of it on board, just maybe focus on fitting into a team rather than standing out. Often time you may notice form the salt thread, squids who stand out, are the ones who stand out for the wrong reasons.

(X)

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4542-4584-1904
I like how you deleted the other thread to dodge the criticism it received.On the plus side you have taken some of it on board, just maybe focus on fitting into a team rather than standing out. Often time you may notice form the salt thread, squids who stand out, are the ones who stand out for the wrong reasons.
I asked for it to be deleted because I was sounding arrogant to some. I don’t want to sound like an *******. I just want to do something that will make me matter in this community a lot because right now I matter very little

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Nobody said you didn’t matter. But if you’ve noticed anything about competitive teams it’s that they’re friends first, teammates second. Whilst I may not matter to the community in the way you’re thinking, but I’d like to think I’ve made friends with a few people just by being on the discord and playing turf league and privates with people I particularly get along with. Whilst some people do genuinely team up with people they don’t like just to be the best, I don’t think that’s the way to go. It is a game, played to be enjoyed first and foremost.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
If you also want to get rich like Jordan and Mayweather, you may want to do something else than playing Splatoon. I doubt highly anyone will pay you as much money as Jordan and Mayweather were paid.

Jokes aside, I think you get the wrong idea, mate. Being looked up to because of some results in a game shouldn't be your number 1 goal in life. Because the day will come where the Switch will be outdated and Nintendo is going to cut the Splatoon 2 service. What are you going to do then?

Game-wise: I don't think 50 splats will make you "the best" player unless you were pushing the objective while killing 10 players on average per minute. A good player isn't always the one guy who kills everyone. I rather have tactical aces for teammates who push the objective very well. Splats is one factor. But it is one of many.

Lastly, is 50 even possible? Even in fights where all hell breaks lose and everyone mindlessly shoots down anything that moves, I've never seen even 40 splats. I think 33 is the highest I've ever seen. And funnily, the big kill scores seem to happen in matches with less experienced teams. In those top class games you can experience when you go to youtube or have a good run on league, you'll find the squids will go on very carefully with their lives as only one wipe can mean straight KO. So I doubt 50 splats will ever happen in a non-oraganized, legit game.

(X)

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4542-4584-1904
If you also want to get rich like Jordan and Mayweather, you may want to do something else than playing Splatoon. I doubt highly anyone will pay you as much money as Jordan and Mayweather were paid.

Jokes aside, I think you get the wrong idea, mate. Being looked up to because of some results in a game shouldn't be your number 1 goal in life. Because the day will come where the Switch will be outdated and Nintendo is going to cut the Splatoon 2 service. What are you going to do then?

Game-wise: I don't think 50 splats will make you "the best" player unless you were pushing the objective while killing 10 players on average per minute. A good player isn't always the one guy who kills everyone. I rather have tactical aces for teammates who push the objective very well. Splats is one factor. But it is one of many.

Lastly, is 50 even possible? Even in fights where all hell breaks lose and everyone mindlessly shoots down anything that moves, I've never seen even 40 splats. I think 33 is the highest I've ever seen. And funnily, the big kill scores seem to happen in matches with less experienced teams. In those top class games you can experience when you go to youtube or have a good run on league, you'll find the squids will go on very carefully with their lives as only one wipe can mean straight KO. So I doubt 50 splats will ever happen in a non-oraganized, legit game.
I didn’t say I wanted to make their money, common sense says playing video games won’t make u that kind of money. I’m talking about being the undisputed best single player in the game the way they are in their respective sports. I don’t know why you’re assuming I’m gonna do this for the rest of my life, im a make the most of the moment kind of guy, and while the game is out and relevant I’d like to do amazing things with it. The number 1 goal in life at the moment is to be the best at the game, in the meantime while I continue on the path to the fbi. I set my mind to scoring 3,000 in turf war and I made it happen. And most said the same thing “oh that can only happen if you coordinate it with other people or use hacking skills, it’s impossible” getting 50 splats is extremely difficult. But it is possible. And by the way I’m so beyond annoyed with the whole “teammates this teammates that” talk. Obviously the only thing that matters during a game with teammates is the team. I’m talking about doing this on my own time, in ranked mode, where I’m matched with people I’ve never met and don’t care about

(X)

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4542-4584-1904
Nobody said you didn’t matter. But if you’ve noticed anything about competitive teams it’s that they’re friends first, teammates second. Whilst I may not matter to the community in the way you’re thinking, but I’d like to think I’ve made friends with a few people just by being on the discord and playing turf league and privates with people I particularly get along with. Whilst some people do genuinely team up with people they don’t like just to be the best, I don’t think that’s the way to go. It is a game, played to be enjoyed first and foremost.
Yes. You’re right. I might be forgetting to enjoy myself and just have fun. I won’t go anywhere unless I apply that every game . And again I don’t know why people keep bringing up the teammate stuff. I’ve made clear I would chase this record on my own time, in ranked mode where I’m matched with players I’ve never met. Alot of people downplay the 3,000+ scores in turf war, the main chunk being people who say turf war doesn’t matter. Whatever your opinion is on splatoon 2, there is no single achievement an individual can accomplish that would top that. An individual. Not a team .

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
And again I don’t know why people keep bringing up the teammate stuff. I’ve made clear I would chase this record on my own time, in ranked mode where I’m matched with players I’ve never met.
Okay, we mention "the teammate stuff" because splatoon 2 on the nintendo switch is a team game. As it hosts battles of 4v4. Not 1v1s. Therefore, the meaningful achievements are team based, winning matches, working together, and sweeping tournaments are examples of teamwork. Not individual efforts.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Part of why everyone's giving you grief is your horrid attitude.
And by the way I’m so beyond annoyed with the whole “teammates this teammates that” talk. Obviously the only thing that matters during a game with teammates is the team. I’m talking about doing this on my own time, in ranked mode, where I’m matched with people I’ve never met and don’t care about
Everyone, pros included, spends the majority of their time playing with random people in solo turf and rank. You will never spend any majority of your game exclusively with people you know. And if you don't care about randos at all, that speaks volumes about how you think about people in general.

This is a team-based game, individual accomplishments are neat but you will never win every match entirely on your own merits. Going on about "being the best" while simultaneously not caring about others makes for an attitude no one is going to want to team with. At the very least, you've already made yourself look bad to the pro players that are on this forum (Hi Guy!).

Being the best at a video game is such a fleeting, arbitrary accomplishment anyway. Dude is easily the most popular pro Splatoon 2 player and he has far less subscribers on Youtube than ZackScott, a mediocre player that blames teammates and other things for losses.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
You will find this game to be much more fun and worthwhile when you drop this idea of being the very best. You've mentioned you wanted to matter more in the community. Well here's a tip, rethink what you want from this game and the community, because currently it's far from ideal. Seeing the responses to your threads, you've garnered a reputation, but it's not a good one.

Focus on being a skilled, competent, and approachable person, and you will make friends and connections to other good players. As it stands, you seem to want to rise to the top on your own, that's going to get you nowhere in a team based game that relies on the best players working with other great players. If by some miracle you get 50 splats in one match, what then? In the next match you may get paired with a level 4 player and get spawn camped for two minutes. Consistent good play will beat out one amazing match. Given the randomness of this game due to the match making, if you get your 50 splat game, it will be due to a fluke. I don't say that to be mean, I don't believe the best players in the game could do such a feat without several factors bending in their favor.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
I’m talking about being the undisputed best single player in the game the way they are in their respective sports.
I know what you meant to say. I was cracking a joke because that is a false anology. Splatoon 2, unlike boxing for Mr. Mayweather and basketball for Mr. Jordan, is a much more "fast paced" game. You play match after match. Mayweather and Jordan do not. You cannot be the top player in every match. You will have bad and good matches, even if you're generally a good player.
Also, there is no "best player" as play styles vary and how good you can play depends on how much room your teammates give you to work your magic. That's the one thing everyone tries to explain to you.

The number 1 goal in life at the moment is to be the best at the game, in the meantime while I continue on the path to the fbi
You should reset your priorities. I'm not sure if Splatoon is good FBI training. Keep in mind it is a game and have fun. That's what matters.

I set my mind to scoring 3,000 in turf war and I made it happen. And most said the same thing “oh that can only happen if you coordinate it with other people or use hacking skills, it’s impossible” getting 50 splats is extremely difficult. But it is possible.
I'm glad you scored 3000 points in turf war. However, I never doubted it was possible and I don't think anyone else who even remotely knows how the game works did. It is difficult and needs the right scenarios, but it works.

The 50 splat thing does aswell. As I assume you want to do it in S+ ranks to seem most heroic, I can tell you it is not going to happen. It's basic calculation. A ranked battle is 5 minutes. So you got time against you. The second thing is teammates. If the teammates splat the people away, you won't be the one getting the kills. And the most important aspect is the objective. If you are so good you rarely die but score a lot of kills, you will KO the enemy before you get to 50 splats. To overcome that problem, you'd have to do it in a Turf. And a Turf is only 3 minutes.

And by the way I’m so beyond annoyed with the whole “teammates this teammates that” talk. Obviously the only thing that matters during a game with teammates is the team. I’m talking about doing this on my own time, in ranked mode, where I’m matched with people I’ve never met and don’t care about.
As pointed out above by my forespeakers: This is not the right attitude.

Last edited:

thundasi

Senior Squid
tower control is the only mode you can really stretch the clock an extra 5 min. why are we still kicking this horse. If you need that valadation that badly, get S+, get team and make it happen you want accolades, average 20 splats every game, win 50 rated in a row.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Everyone here is 100% correct. Very few people care about your personal achievements when Splatoon is a team-based game. If Splatoon was a 1v1 game, you might be popular in the community, but it's not. You should stop striving to be the best player, and make a team. If you think you're hot shiz, place top 3 in a well-known tournament, then we might take you seriously.

Also, don't think I forgot about all the Twitter stuff. I gave you a little criticism, and you blocked me and deleted every comment you made about me. That's pretty wimpy, bro.

thundasi

Senior Squid
I'd take a decent teammate anyday over an elitist badass. badasses get 3v1'd all day. Grab one teammate in ranked and SHADOW THEM. Cover their *** and your team and yourself will be a much more desirable teammate for it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Also, don't think I forgot about all the Twitter stuff. I gave you a little criticism, and you blocked me and deleted every comment you made about me. That's pretty wimpy, bro.
Regardless of anything else involving X, bringing this up accomplishes nothing. Keep off-site things off-site. Your last post relating to this was deleted for a reason.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Regardless of anything else involving X, bringing this up accomplishes nothing. Keep off-site things off-site. Your last post relating to this was deleted for a reason.
X: *multiposts*
Desgeega: *Does nothing*
Salamander: *Does anything*
Desgeega: IM GUNNA GIT U BANNED!!!
o_O

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
X: *multiposts*
Desgeega: *Does nothing*
Salamander: *Does anything*
Desgeega: IM GUNNA GIT U BANNED!!!
o_O
Say what you like. Granted, what you're saying's more than a bit of a fallacy since we haven't butted heads in over a week and you've been liking my posts. I did indeed report his multiple posts. However X, as misguided as he is, doesn't post openly antagonistic things like "oh it's this fool again" and links to someone's personal twitter. I don't care what you or anyone thinks of X, keep it civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom