• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will people be nice with voice chat

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I thought of this while writing about splatoon having voice chat. If there was voice chat do you think it would be more pleasant to talk to strangers than anywhere else or would it be just as bad as on xbl and psn. I will also not rule out the possibility that talking to strangers on the other platforms goes okay for most people.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
Wellll, it's hard to say.

There's no doubt there'd be some toxic people out there, simply due to the nature of the game and people. I personally think there'd be just a bit less compared to other games, but I have no proof of that, it's just a feeling.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Never expect anything less toxic in the realm of anonymity.

Arne

Full Squid
NNID
Arne83
No. You give anonymous people an audience, you're basically asking them to be the worst they could possibly be.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
There are set commands ingame--I can't think of the exact word, kind of like the "Medic!" or "Place a sentry here!" thing in tf2.

So it's not like you won't be able to communicate with your team members at all, which is great news!

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
I doubt people will be nice, buts the way they are. Especially if you get angry during a game and decide to vent out your anger, then thats when all the words start flying out of mouths.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
"Will people be nice with voice chat"

We can't say but there might be a slight chance if that's the case. Otherwise it'll be just as bad as any with those people.

Kaysick

Inkling
As much as I want voice chat in Splatoon, the Wii U microphone isn't really ideal. There will always be some of the nice people through the anonymity but for the most part I can see, even younger players, being mean. Time to get more people to use voice programs such as Teamspeak and Raidcall. (Not a big fan of Skype for the IP address stuff and Microsoft)

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
As much as I want voice chat in Splatoon, the Wii U microphone isn't really ideal. There will always be some of the nice people through the anonymity but for the most part I can see, even younger players, being mean. Time to get more people to use voice programs such as Teamspeak and Raidcall. (Not a big fan of Skype for the IP address stuff and Microsoft)
I think Ive seen headsets for the Wii-U before.... not sure if theyre made by Nintendo though

Kaysick

Inkling
I think Ive seen headsets for the Wii-U before.... not sure if theyre made by Nintendo though
Seems like they're made by Turtle Beach but they look like they have Nintendo branding on the box. Wonder how good quality it is since the only voice chat on Wii U I've heard is from Mario Kart 8 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and it wasn't super great.

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Seems like they're made by Turtle Beach but they look like they have Nintendo branding on the box. Wonder how good quality it is since the only voice chat on Wii U I've heard is from Mario Kart 8 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and it wasn't super great.
Ah ok. I never look at them since I dont really need them. If VC comes to Splatoon, Ill probably buy them though.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
There is no voice chat, but the game actually does make a difference.

It'd be just as bad. The nature of the game makes little difference. Give people a megaphone and a mask, and they will scream bigotry for the simple fact that there's nothing to stop them from doing so.
False. Yes, there will always be those people, but the game's theme and community makes all the difference. Just compare any Call of Duty's voice chat to Halo: Reach's and you'll see a massive difference in friendliness.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
People would be awfully mean to each other. You know, like in every 'competitive' online game ever. If in a forum like this people are rude to you for not agreeing with them, imagine in moments of anger for having lost a match in the game? This one of the reason I am glad voice chat isn't a thing in Splatoon.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Exactly. It always comes to outrage/ragequitting when taking on others competitively one way or the other.

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
Not very likely, there's always going to be that one idiot calling everyone horrible things because of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom