• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Will Splatoon 3 sell well?

Frenetar

Inkster Jr.
There's already a Splatoon on the Switch. How many people would be willing to give it another go?

Cephalobro

It depends on whether there's a new easily accessible mode from release. Salmon Run proved to be a great addition to Splatoon 2 since it gave a major difference between it and the first game. While Splatoon 3 has shown Salmon Run, it has yet to show any new mode with enough differences from Splatoon 2.

All of the previous game's weapons are confirmed to return, so there's that going for it. Honestly, it just needs to keep the veterans coming back for it to achieve a good sales level, because people who haven't played it yet will almost certainly get Splatoon 3 to see what it's all about.

Frenetar

Inkster Jr.
It depends on whether there's a new easily accessible mode from release. Salmon Run proved to be a great addition to Splatoon 2 since it gave a major difference between it and the first game. While Splatoon 3 has shown Salmon Run, it has yet to show any new mode with enough differences from Splatoon 2.

All of the previous game's weapons are confirmed to return, so there's that going for it. Honestly, it just needs to keep the veterans coming back for it to achieve a good sales level, because people who haven't played it yet will almost certainly get Splatoon 3 to see what it's all about.
Splatoon 2 had the advantage of being on the Switch in first the place though, contrary to a console that barely anyone bought, so I don't think the addition of Salmon run really impacted a whole lot. Heck, Mario Kart 8 deluxe isn't even a new game and it's the best-selling one on the Switch. Hopefully 3 can entice the veterans.

Cephalobro

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe fixed the otherwise annoying Battle Mode from the original Mario Kart 8, it thus became new enough to get the sales.

Frenetar

Inkster Jr.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe fixed the otherwise annoying Battle Mode from the original Mario Kart 8, it thus became new enough to get the sales.
I think it's more likely the Switch just has a bigger pool of people completely new to the game. 107 million vs 13 million units.

gelatinoushare

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3384-2027-9131
Splatoon 3 will definetly sell well within the current fanbase, however for it to sell anymore than what will probably be half of Splatoon 2 sales numbers it needs to capture a new audience, either by a better advertising campaign or an entirely new subset of modes or ways to play, maybe both.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Splatoon is basically a major religion in Japan. However many copies you think it will sell, it will be bigger than that.

IkImweird

Inkling
I think it will sell well to veterans due to fact we have been waiting for a new splatoon game for 5 years

Overvo1d

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2309-9912-9204
A lot more people have switches now and lots of those won't have tried Splatoon yet but be curious to check out the hype (and enjoy a new release from Nintendo). They wouldn't have picked up the aging Splatoon 2 now the content/support is finished but 3 will be an exciting prospect.

source: I'm describing myself

green_flower

Inkling
dude, if that pathetic excuse of wii sports for switch sold 82.9 million copies, i think splatoon 3 will sell very well

hotdogturtle

Inkling
Splatoon 3 was the fastest selling Switch game of all time during its first weekend (confirmed in Japan, but most likely holds true worldwide as well considering those numbers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom