• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will You be Participating in Global Testfire?

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Likely the first. The second and third are possible, but we're having a comic convention locally on Saturday and Sunday so being able to attend the beta will be difficult.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I will definitely try, as I live in EST.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'd love to, but my internet is absolutely terrible. It's not even worth trying.

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks
Hoping/planning to be there for all three and also stream, 2nd one miiiiiight be a little harder for me because 6AM but I shouldn't have much to do Saturday afternoon so I should be set for the 3rd as well.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
I'm going to attend all 3. I'll...probably wake up right before the first one and just stay up until the third one is over. Pretty much how my sleep schedule is anyway. (EST)

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
I'll defiantly be there for Friday's event, will miss out on Saturday's first event, but if I wake up on time and have no plans for the afternoon, I'll be there for the last one. I just hope my internet will be good and won't lag.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
I can say up till 4AM, but I'm not so sure I'll be back awake for the second.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
The events being in such small time frames makes it look like this is primarily a stress test for Nintendo's servers. There's no better way to prepare for peak-time traffic than by getting the thousands of inklings desperate to play to squeeze into tiny little windows like this.

Heck yes I will be playing. And I'll probably be waking up at 4am to participate in all three.
Pretty much, yeah. This is kind of a multi-faceted stroke of brilliance on Nintendo's part.

The testfiring acts as a demo, but the severely limited play time doesn't allow anyone to be "satisfied" with the experience--you're definitely going to be left wanting more, which builds hype for the launch when you've got an army of people who have had a taste and are now wanting to satisfy the craving they've been left with since the event ended.

On top of that, it's going to give Nintendo a solid idea of what kind of traffic to expect on launch day--by having three windows spread throughout the day, which generally correspond to peak traffic times in different parts of the world, they'll know if the infrastructure they've set up is going to be able to handle the strain come launch day. So even if the testfiring ends up being laggy as hell, I think we'll be able to expect considerable improvements by launch day.

Puffy

Senior Squid
NNID
Annakittykat
I will hopefully take part on all 3 days :oops:
That's awesome, you're so lucky! Tbh, I will probably not be participating in any, as I won't be home, which saddens me. But oh well, more surprises when I get the game! So, I must ask, you're on the Mario Kart forums, correct?

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
That's awesome, you're so lucky! Tbh, I will probably not be participating in any, as I won't be home, which saddens me. But oh well, more surprises when I get the game! So, I must ask, you're on the Mario Kart forums, correct?
Yes I am on the Mario Kart forums

Puffy

Senior Squid
NNID
Annakittykat
Ah, all of you are so lucky! I would love to participate, but sadly I will not be home. But, I'll have to hear about how it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom