• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will You Pre-Download Splatoon?

Will Pre Downloading Splatoon be an Option?

• YES! Nintendo loves us!

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • NO! Nintendo Despises the fanbase!

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
I really want to play as soon as the servers open, but I think I'm going to grab a physical copy from the store this time. The box art looks great :scared:
The box art is undoubtedly gorgeous. Another reason why I'll be picking up a physical copy over digital!

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
Going to buy a physical copy as well, just like Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8. I just prefer it over downloading it, it feels more accomplishing to have the box in your hands after waiting so long.
True. I have Smash Wii U and MK8 physical as well, and though I'm starting to go and pretty much have gone 100% digital on handhelds, I still haven't made the commitment to consoles yet. Not to mention with 32GB, you can only download so much, so I reserve it for the Indies, eShop exclusives and the occasional Club Nintendo reward (prior to the shutdown).

You're absolutely right though, it is a lot more rewarding to have the physical copy in your hands after waiting for so long. Digital downloads don't excite me nearly as much as the adventure of going to the store, picking it up, heading back home, unboxing, feeling that beautiful curved disc in your hand and sliding it right into U. Oomph. Baby. Oomph.

Please excuse me for a moment...

dimefox

Inkling
You're absolutely right though, it is a lot more rewarding to have the physical copy in your hands after waiting for so long. Digital downloads don't excite me nearly as much as the adventure of going to the store, picking it up, heading back home, unboxing, feeling that beautiful curved disc in your hand and sliding it right into U. Oomph. Baby. Oomph.

Please excuse me for a moment...
One of my favorite first things I noticed about the Wii U was the rounded-off edges on the discs. It feels amazing! It's almost as fun as ejecting SNES carts.
Nintendo pays great attention to the super small details, methinks.

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
One of my favorite first things I noticed about the Wii U was the rounded-off edges on the discs. It feels amazing! It's almost as fun as ejecting SNES carts.
Nintendo pays great attention to the super small details, methinks.
YES. It feels really nice :)

Xeiros

Senior Squid
Yes, of course you can pre-purchase Splatoon. Doing so allows you to get a head start of sorts. To do so follow these steps.

1. Go here.
2. Click on the orange Pre-order Digital button on the right hand side
3. Sign in with your NNID
4. Fill out the necessary information if need be and click complete when you're done.

The main advantage Pre-purchasing a digital download is that 72 hours before the game releases on midnight of its street date, you will be emailed a download code that will allow you to pre-load the game onto your system ahead of time thus avoiding the wait to download the game itself along with everyone else that purchases digital when it goes live. In other words, if you want to play Splatoon as soon as possible when it comes out this is your best and only option.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Can you pre-purchase the game with eShop credits? If so, I would love to have the game downloaded by the time it is released.

michael

Inkling
As much as I would love to pre order it digitally to download it and play it as soon as midnight hits, I like physical games better. In addition to that I won't be able to buy the game until a few weeks after it launches so physical it is for me.

SquidisaWard

Full Squid
NNID
KaBlamJamDan
MMMMMaybe.

It really depend on the file size. I gotten like 3 retail games on my Wii U and that almost used up half of the space of the 32G model. I usually like to have the physical box as well.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
MMMMMaybe.

It really depend on the file size. I gotten like 3 retail games on my Wii U and that almost used up half of the space of the 32G model. I usually like to have the physical box as well.
The game is 1.8GB. Quite small.

ecaflip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
None
3 day preload, HEY NAMCO! TAKE A NOTE OF THIS *cough dbxv cough*

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
Originally I thought about going out after school to the Gamestop across the street to buy it, then I realized that that would waste so much more time than just having it here and playing as soon as I get home. But, I can now tell you, DO NOT PRE LOAD IT.

Why, you may ask? Well my dear friend, you see, having the icon for Splatoon right there on the Wii U gamepad is sickening. It's so close to me but still so far, it's the worst! I hate starting up the Wii U gamepad and seeing it right there. Sitting there. Looking at me. Mocking me. It's truly horrible.

I'm just joking, I feel like pre loading it is better bc lets say you have work (or like me, high school) on launch day. Do you really want to go back out to get the game after that long hard day or work/school? Of course you could Preorder, but I personally have no idea how that works. (I've never liked a game so much that I just HAD to preorder it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom