With support for Splatoon 2 extended to December, what new content do you hope to see?

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Basically the title. Not one but two new rank modes have been datamined, so I don't think we'll get anything past that, but in terms of new weapons and stages, what kind of weapons and places to battle would you like to see in the game?

I personally would like to see at least one new brush type weapon. I'd love it if it was a mop. The Squiffy Mop (same brand as the squiffers). After that I hope for a new brella and squeezer-like shooter.
There's one more thing I think would be amazing but I seriously doubt they'll add, and that is daulie blasters. That would be cool.

What weapons and stagest do you hope get added? I'd like to see a stage based off of an airport. Post it in the comments!

Cephalobro

Honestly, I would like to see more weapons based off Nintendo accessories, maybe a new weapon from the shooter class can be based off of the Wii Zapper! The little Wii Remote and Nunchuck part could be the same color as your ink color as an added effect.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Another goo tuber please.
Good point! This can also be a place to put what weapons we hope get picked by Sheldon for a third kit.
I think a third Tenta Brella should have Tenta Missiles and be cleverly named like the Tenta Tenta Brella or the Double Tenta Brella.

Edit: Actually there's sorta a thread for that, sorry.

Last edited:

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I can't wait! I rewatched it, and they specifically said "new" weapons. New variants? If we get 4 weapons per month now, and I assume that's going to continue, that's like 12 new variants with their alternate sets (including Explosher and Ballpoint and the missing variants we still need)!

However, I feel as if Nintendo needs some more creativity with their stages. It feels like most of them are just rip-offs of old stages (Albacore = Mahi, Snapper = Bluefin, Humpback is like Blackbelly, etc.) Some interesting mechanics that I would like to see from these stages would be grind rails instead of ink rails so people can't just back out of an ink rail when they see danger. Also, Rolonium generators would be fun, but maybe a little complicated as people would just camp there.

A different approach would be to refurbish old maps to get new things like how they did with Urchin Underpass in Splatoon 1. They could take some of the hated maps (Moray, Starfish, Humpback, Shellendorf[?]), and add new things to them. I would like to see more movement options for Starfish and Moray, and maybe someways to easily get back into the action without getitng spotted for Humpback and Shellendorf.

Furthermore, when they mean maps, I also hope they give some love for Salmon Run! Having Saltspray Rig return for it would be phenomenal, but I don't know how they would turn it into an interesting map. Adding on, if they were going to update Salmon Run, maybe add some more events and bosses? I would really love to see more events like the Mothership or Griller. New bosses based off of specials like bomb launcher and bubble blower would also add more challenge and variety to the game mode.

Another thing to highlight is the possibility of new gear. Tentacles Helmet is still unreleased, and there seems to be a large lack in styles that Nintendo can use, but we alreayd have so many differnt pieces of gear, and with Murch and SplatNet, abilities don't really matter anymore, so it might not be as likely.

Finally, they said that Octo Expansion would be the first DLC of Splatoon, which implies that there might be more. I don't want to spoil anything, but the ending of Octo Expansion left a few strings hanging that totally could be used for another DLC. But what would be the reward? Playable Octolings were already major enough, so how would Nintendo persuade us to spend probably another $20 on DLC?

Overall, I'm excited on what Nintendo has in store for us, so I hope I didn't set my expectations too high. Feel free to bash me with all my grammar errors as I didn't reread this.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Just thought of another thing. I hope they add a lot more variety in bomb launchers. There's unreleased weapons with both burst bomb and curling bomb launcher, but that's still not very many exotic bomb launchers. I'm really hoping we see a lot more burst bomb launchers and maybe some curling bomb launchers as well. I wouldn't mind if the carbon deco kept its unique launcher, though. It was unique in the first game so they'll probably keep it that way.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Crossover gear please. The only one we got was Squid Girl and that didn't come back. Nintendo should just pull a Mario Kart 8 and make gear based on their other games like Mario or Zelda. Or go as far having gear based on F-Zero or Fire Emblem.

Edit: I also want to see more Salmon Run stages. There're so little of them and they're starting to get boring now.

Last edited:

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I'd love to see a re-vamped Flounder heights, it was a favourite of mine in Splatoon 1. But for a completely new stage, I like to see a more outdoors type place, maybe something like a playground? The centre could be very flat with playground equipment as obstacles, and the main structure could be very vertical with many places to fall down. the name could be something like Platy park, or Potero Playground

Octoboy07

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4646-5491-1608
What i want?
A patch that makes matchmaking more fair so you don't get really unbalanced team with significant level and rank difference...
yup. Yesterday in the splatfest, I was playing with some level 4 person and a level 44* person IN THE SAME MATCH. and I was like level 55!

Cephalobro

What i want?
A patch that makes matchmaking more fair so you don't get really unbalanced team with significant level and rank difference...
Completely agree, this matchmaking algorithm doesn't know one bit about balancing. My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't even bother to separate weapons of the same class between both teams.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Well, good news for you, through hacking the game, it appears Nintendo is working on bringing Flounder Heights, Urchin Underpass, and Museum D'Alfonsino to Splatoon 2.
That looks good. Flounder Heights wasn't my favorite but I always found Museum D'Alfonsino fun.
For stages I so hope they start to add more mechanic based stages like they did in Splatoon 1. To better explain, remember when Camp Triggerfish first came out, most of the stages after it had a special mechanic in the stage? (Mahi Mahi, Ancho-V Games, D'Alfonsino, Piranha Pit). I hope they do that again, and this is probably just high hopes but I kinda think/hope that Shifty Station has been like a test dummy to see how future maps could potentially play. So hopefully they bring back some of the mechanics they have possibly tested via Shifty Station.

Weapons, while I do hope for another Sheldon's Picks. I don't think those are coming this year. If I remember correctly, the Sheldon Picks came out after the regular updates had finished. So I think that'll be the case and it might come out in March. Especially since they announced 2 years of splatfest and this will only be 1 1/2 years of updates. But for what's to come now, I think it'd be fun to introduce a new type of Shooter or Roller. Otherwise, it's all pretty much Sheldon's Picks weapons for me. And I do think we will get one more clothing update. It just feels like there's more in store than what we already have. Maybe a late-summer, early fall line or just Fall (since these previous ones were Winter and Spring). Maybe that'll be late September or sometime in October.

Otherwise, yes we'll probably get more paid DLC. But I don't think it'll be as big as Octo Expansion and I think they'd make it less than $20, likely for that reason. I can see maybe one or two $10 smaller expansions like Octo Expansion where it's purely optional and doesn't mess with multiplayer. At $10 it might not sound that great but look at Octo Expansion, people complained about it being $20 when it was first announced but now, many people are saying that it's worth more than $20. So it could hold potential. Speaking of Octo Expansion, I hope there's an update for it coming up. In the trailer there was Agent 3, Pearl, and Marina on the subway, could we see what they'd do for you? Maybe Agent 3 lets you got to Octo Valley and potentially help her. Maybe Marina can have special challenges that she found while hacking. So, those are my thoughts. Sorry for the long post.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
My wishlist skirting on the edge of candyland dreams:

Better support for the off-console app. Like letting it be used in a browser, letting you draw outside of the game, a record/closet of all your gear, being able to see and queue what gear I've ordered from Annie's shop—like the order queue with Merch, viewing and messaging my friends list. And putting other games on the app—obviously.

As for the game itself? Motion controls when you're not in an upright position, sfx & bgm volume controls, some different map designs that give us something more than an current arena layout, quad matching making where your team of casuals, averages, and lower ranks aren't regularly paired with competitives who are 150~400 league points higher, letting groups start a turf war lobby together instead of everyone trying to quickly piggyback off one person before randoms fill it, and everyone under Rank X being able to view their power level.

Cephalobro

They are bringing Flounder Heights back?! Oh yes! It was basically one of the few stages in Splatoon 1 in which the E-liter didn't have total advantage against other chargers. I just like the aesthetic of an apartment complex in Splatoon. But we needed this stage over Moray Towers for verticality.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
Basically the title. Not one but two new rank modes have been datamined, so I don't think we'll get anything past that, but in terms of new weapons and stages, what kind of weapons and places to battle would you like to see in the game?

I personally would like to see at least one new brush type weapon. I'd love it if it was a mop. The Squiffy Mop (same brand as the squiffers). After that I hope for a new brella and squeezer-like shooter.
There's one more thing I think would be amazing but I seriously doubt they'll add, and that is daulie blasters. That would be cool.

What weapons and stagest do you hope get added? I'd like to see a stage based off of an airport. Post it in the comments!
Love the mop idea. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom