With the updates stopping around January, do you think the content we have is worth the $60?

Silentium

Senior Squid
I've played over 200 hours of Splatoon and haven't had as much fun with any other online multiplayer game as I have with it. Definitely worth it.
I've only had as much fun with a multiplayer game with one other game before. That says something, considering all of the problems Splatoon has and how new it is.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
Definitely worth the money! I got 300 hours+ in Splatoon, and still very much enjoy it everytime I play it! :D

Twonkerbell

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Twinklebutter58
I'd honestly like to see at least one more game mode, but what we have right now is definitely worth the $70 that I paid for the game. It is sad to see that the content is coming to an end though, and I feel after that when there is no more new content coming a lot of the hype will come down and people will start to get bored and maybe quit. That's just a theory of mine though :p

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Where does anyone say the content is coming to an end? The Nintendo Direct said "at least January."

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I think it's been an excellent breath of fresh air for Nintendo and a surprisingly addictive game to play. Technically, this game cost me $260 because it finally made me decide to get a Wii U. No regrets thus far.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Imagine how overwhelmed somebody who just bought the game is gonna be. They have to learn over a dozen maps now, and four game modes, AND all the weapons...
Speaking as someone who got this game during a Black Friday sale a few weeks ago, it was a bit overwhelming at first. But I think that the single player mode was a good tutorial and that having ranked be locked to people under lv10 is a good way to ensure that people are familiar with the basic controls before trying any of the ranked battle modes. I've mostly been focusing on a few weapons and occasionally experimenting with the others; I don't think I have the time or patience to master all of the weapons.

Getting the game recently has been nice because so much stuff was available from the get-go. I think it probably would've also been neat to play the game at launch when the community was just starting to grow though. I definitely feel like a noob during Splatfests when all of the veterans come out to play, haha.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
More than worth it now. Compared to launch out map selection has almost tripled (soon to be). We gotten almost 40 DLC weapons more than doubling our weapon count from launch, added two entirely new types of weapons. Two new Ranked Modes, a much easier way to play with friends. A ton of more equipment pieces to customize our Inklings. All with absolutely no additional pay walls (except Amiibo missions).

Not to mention this game is breath of fresh air in its genre and an addicting one at that.

Silentium

Senior Squid
We gotten almost 40 DLC weapons more than doubling our weapon count from launch, added two entirely new types of weapons.
I knew there were a lot, but I didn't know it was that many.
And it's three new types of weapons actually: the brushes, sloshers, and splatlings.

Not to mention this game is breath of fresh air in its genre and an addicting one at that.
Nintendo really managed to make something unique with this one. It's no wonder why its compared more often to TF2 then to other typical shooters.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
While I don't regret the $60 I spent on Splatoon, I'm a bit concerned on how long the content will last before it becomes stale. I don't think the occasional Splatfest will resolve this. =/

Keyz Chester

Inkling
Right now the game is definitely worth $60. I got Splatoon brand new for $35 from a black Friday at Best Buy, and I feel like gotten a lot more than my money's worth. (obviously but still)

I may have gotten it cheap, but I feel like I just got into Splatoon too late. I don't mind them stopping DLC in January (although I would prefer them to keep going), but I hope they still come out with Splatfests.

It kinda sucks that Splatoon was on the Wii U. I'm not calling the Wii U a bad console, but its kind of a failure and Nintendo is coming out with their next console most likely in 2016. If the Wii U was a success, they would probably be coming out with more DLC. I just hope they keep the servers on for a long time.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
While I don't regret the $60 I spent on Splatoon, I'm a bit concerned on how long the content will last before it becomes stale. I don't think the occasional Splatfest will resolve this. =/
Depends. How long does it take for a Smash Bros. game or a Mario Kart game to become stale to you? To many, they never will.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Might I note that though this game was a bit bare bones at the start, it now has triple the content most AAA titles have for the same price, and those same titles also charge an arm and a leg for DLC, while Splatoon's DLC has been 100% free. So yes, it is worth the price in comparison to other games.

NNID
RXLegendary
I've been begging for things like skipping the news, changing your gear while your waiting for players to join your lobby, the shops besides the weapon shop have all the clothes to chose and buy instead of showing 6 different clothes each day and definitely getting exp when completing story mode missions. This game is good for it's beginning but the things I say better be in the sequel, it will make it a lot better from it's predecessor.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah. No doubts about it. The game is well worth its price.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
As much as I feel like there's a million more things I want added to Splatoon, the game was worth $60 at launch, and the content roleout has been nothing short of stellar. Yeah, I want Octolings, and Callie and Marie Amiibos that unlock new campaign modes, but 8 months is longer than I've spent playing any other game continuously. I got my money's worth, and the game is going to go down as one of my all time favorites. Ya done good, Splatoon.

That said, bring on Splatoon NX in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom