WMW Newsletter #4 - Inklectric Woomaloo

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
GOOD MORNING WHIPRAYS!!!

Sorry this newsletter is a couple days late. I've had a very hectic weekend.

At long last, after much ado and difficulty and needing to get a little salty, we finally finalized our match time and the day has come! Today at 3pm EST we face the Sunken Raiders.

I would give us all a pep talk but I don't think we really need it. They're only a 4 man team so we automatically have the advantage of subbing in players who are better at certain stages/modes. On top of that, I'm pretty sure this is a group of 13 year old weenies who don't have a lot of time to practice. I think this is going to be an easy 5-0 wipe.

That being said, don't let your guard down. Still bring your absolute best.

I have to go to a thing at 12 but I should be able to leave in time to be here for the match. If for some reason 3pm rolls around and I'm not there, feel free to start without me and I'll be there as soon as possible. I'll be in touch with Tony so you'll all know ahead of time whether or not I'll be late.

Semi-related: The captain of Turquoise Salt already contacted me yesterday to start scheduling. He and I are already on great terms and he's been very easy to communicate with despite us having a few scheduling conflicts. They are also only a 4 man team (advantage to us!) and one of their guys can't play on weekdays (also a sign they don't get to practice as a team much). So right now we're looking at possibly late night on Friday or preferably Sunday at default time or earlier. (Trying to see if he can do earlier, around lunch time, so Shiny's not stuck possibly leaving halfway through to go to work, and the earlier we play on Sunday, the sooner we can get to our Valentine's plans. I know Alex and I both have... things to do... on Sunday).

Regardless of when we play TS, we NEED to be ready. They are GOOD. They beat their first match 5-1. Now that first team might have been pushovers, but we can NOT take that 5-1 score lightly. We have some advantages over them and we MUST make use of them. As soon as this weeks maps drop, I'll let you guys know, get your opinions on them, and begin working on the roster for the week. I think we should all try our absolute best to be at all practices this week. I still probably can't make it to Friday's, but assuming we're playing Sunday, I want to have some sort of practice on Saturday. We'll work out a time as we get later in the week.

I know the Sunken Raiders have given us a LOT of trouble. Tony and I have been beside ourselves with anger towards these guys. But we can't let that blind us. Remember: map control, communication, smart decisions. Don't throw yourself into bad situations for the sake of trying to kill them all. And, as much as we want to (at least me and Tony for sure), no squidbagging. We think it's in really poor taste when people do it to us, so don't do it to them. Unless they do it first. Then squidbag those asshats into oblivion.

Alright crew, be your absolute best today! Fresh, chill, and ready to kill!

Autobots, roll out!

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
For today's match, I think we got this.We should be able to walk away with a win.

For my availability for next week, I should be free Friday night anytime after 7 pm EST. On Saturday, I'll be on from 3 pm (EST) to 6 pm. And on Sunday, I'm pretty much free the entire day.

If for some reason Turquoise Salt changes their mind and wants to schedule the match on Monday-Thursday, I'll be free anytime after 7 pm EST, with the exception of Wednesday, maybe. My family might be doing something on Wednesday.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
A couple notes/questions.

If worst comes to worst, we could do earlier on Friday because Shiny technically still can't be on the roster til Week 4. On that note, however, I don't get out of classes and meetings on Friday until 4, so a 4:30 start time would be preferable at the earliest on Friday.

And yes, I agree about keeping your cool. There are two kinds of competitive rage. The kind that makes you lose, and the kind that makes you win. We want the good kind ;) Also I would prefer not to be salty at my Super Bowl party (because I ****ing love the Super Bowl) so let's bring home a win!!!

One more point. I will be taking video of games 1, 3, 4, 8, and 9. If there's a dispute about results, I will report it for those games since I've got the easiest access to proof...but we need coverage for the other 4 games. Can somebody have a camera ready to take a picture of the results screen if no one else can record? Keep in mind that this is also a good idea for disconnects, because you have to submit photo evidence that you actually disconnected.

ALSO (oh god now I feel like an npc giving a tutorial) You all are great and we are gonna wreck it. Good luck ;)

Lord Lago

Inkling
NNID
Najdorf
Switch Friend Code
SW-6849-6664-1969
Yeah I'll take a picture on my phone of every match that I am in for results and if I disconnect at all. I think anyone who can should take a picture so we all have evidence and whatnot.

With that being said, LETS DO IT!!!!! We've gotten serious practice as a team and with these maps, and we know how to work together. We know how to hold a lead, but we also know how to come back from behind. But we can't be overconfident about this. Let us be like the willow tree - firm yet flexible. And like the Belladonna - beautiful yet deadly. And like the Squid - both delicious AND nutritious!

Antwan

Inkling
NNID
goolog
good games today guys. I will be available friday after 5 until 11 and then early sunday (really all day sunday but i think the lady wants to do something... i forgot it was valentines day oops)

Lord Lago

Inkling
NNID
Najdorf
Switch Friend Code
SW-6849-6664-1969
I am available any evening from about 7-12 EST, this Saturday I should be free all day unless something comes up. Sunday I will be free after 12:30 or so. Also, good job everyone on winning today. It wasn't how we wanted it to go down but a win is a win and we don't have to play them for awhile.

Also, if anyone can get their hands on :head_vis000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: or :head_vis000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: and lets me order it off them I will love you long time *wink wink*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom