WMW Newsletter #7 - Benny and the Ngyes

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
The title literally has nothing to do with anything, I just saw Elton John in concert and I wanted to make reference to one of his songs.

Firstly, I'm sorry newsletters have been sporadic. Tyler and I have been in the process of moving and I'm in the middle of working on a job change and lots of things are happening and I've just been SUPER busy with real life things. I promise things will settle down soon and we can get back into routine.

SOME THINGS:

A can of beans, a spool of wire, a plush dinosaur, an orange, a sticker book, a flashlight, and a rolling pin.

SOME THINGS RELATED TO SPLATOON:

New Practice Schedule:

We'll now be practicing from 8pm - 10pm EST. Required practice days are Mondays and Wednesdays. Thursdays and Sundays are optional practice days. Alex will be keeping track of attendance. If you can't attend a mandatory practice, please let us know ASAP. We are implementing a three-strike system where if you miss 3 mandatory practices without notice, Tony and I will bring your membership into consideration and you may possibly be removed from the team. We don't want to do that, we love all of you. So just let us know if you can't make it.

LUtI Results:

Without a Week 7 game, we can now say that we came in 5th in our division. That's not super great, but Tony brought up a good point. We beat Day Old Sushi pretty handily and they are 4th in their division. Word on the street is that C5 was stacked pretty hard and we would've done much better had we been placed in any other division. Tony and I are both very confident we will do much better in the next season.

The Box and the Dock:

Lately we've been kind of throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. So far, the Dock has and the Box has not. So I'm going to work on moving all the assets from the Box over to the Dock for easier access. This way our assets aren't scattered across different programs. I'm also going to be updating the Tumblr and adding a link to it to the Dock as well. I updated our Win/Loss page, cleared the LUtI signup page to make room for a record of our weekly practice maps, and I've opened up our Map/Mode preference page. I hadn't done anything with it because I was trying to think of the best way to compile data like that, but in the end, I think we way I have it is going to be easiest.

That's it for now, guys. I'll let Tony add anything he sees fit. :)

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
anything he sees fit. :)

That task being concluded, here is my input.

First of all, no worries at all for being busy, Sam. You all know that I've been super tied up lately and that's why the YouTube channel isn't as current as I'd like it to be and why this strategy document isn't quite done yet. Life happens and it always takes the priority. My schedule looks to be clearing up as well for the near future, so hooray for Wehmweh things!

I love the new practice schedule, and while I am on board with a 3 strike system, I can understand how that would seem a little harsh. Imagine this hypothetical situation...you are a 70 year Wehmweh veteran, you've only missed two practices EVER...one for your wedding, and one for the birth of your real life Inkling child. Let's say you catch a cold on the eve of your gazillionth practice and get a third strike after seventy years of hard labor...are we actually gonna cut you from the team?

The answer is yes, get your ***** in line and come to practice! Lol

All in all I think LUTI has shown us how high the ceiling of competitive Splatoon goes...I know I for one am glad we participated. I would have been getting delusions of grandeur if we had only been doing these scrims and beating everyone. I'm almost glad that we have passion to do better now after getting stomped a few times...because that's where we want to be eventually. Maybe even in season 2.

I occasionally still check out the Box but I admit it's not nearly as fun and I greatly prefer the Dock. I have two contributions of my own that will hopefully be coming to the Dock soon...the first being the strategy document, which will be open to the debate forum and completely subject to change based on how things work in it. I've been furiously laboring to try to get it done for today. Secondly is the massive data dump that, starting tonight, I will be recording data in. Mainly this will be drawn from battles within our own squad just for parity's sake, but will also include outside data as well. I'm pretty pumped to start using it...I made it all formula-filled and awesome and there's 70 sheets and giant tables on each sheet wooooooo science k bye

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
I made it all formula-filled and awesome and there's 70 sheets and giant tables on each sheet wooooooo science k bye
Holy heckaroonies, batman! You could open a hotel housekeeping service with all those sheets!

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
This document is not going to be done in time for practice tonight. But the spreadsheet definitely is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom