• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

World wide spring splatfest, huh?

Aria

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7949-9238-4186
So, I'm hearing word that it was just announced that there's gonna be a worldwide spring splatfest!

I'm super excited tbh, never been part of a holiday fest before, lol. Missed the halloween one, but easters great too!! ;)

Hare v Tortoise is a cool idea for a easter theme fest too. Prolly team hare for me, gotta live the fast life my dudes!! :D:p
How y'all feeling bout this news?

*Also, also, anybody up for an incredibly specific but inkredibly amaspring meme team for the fest? Cause I am*

Last edited:

Belial

Full Squid
I'm stoked. Been on the edge of my seat waiting for an announcement. I have no idea what team I want to join though. Maybe I'll let the idol arguments tie break for me.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Both are cool animals, but I used to have pet rabbits so I'll go team Hare.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm going hare because I don't like tortoises all that much... I might change my mind because slow and steady wins the race and I use a Dynamo so...

MoreIce

Inkling
NNID
MoreIce
Switch Friend Code
SW-1639-5168-0110
In that case I'm an Ink brush main so teen Hare?

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Team Tortoise here! :D Thank God my job is letting everyone off for Easter weekend ^_^

Cephalobro

Meh, I prefer reptiles to mammals as pets any day of the week, so I choose team tortoise. Heck, I was planning to have a pet snake until I decided that my exotic pet would be an octopus instead.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I guess since no other thread has been posted about it, I'll post in here?
The Shifty Station this time around has a cool gimmick in permanently locking out turf, but it's a nightmare to coordinate with randoms. If your team doesn't immediately understand what this map is focused around, you better hope your opponents don't either or it's really easy to get trapped in a match you cannot win.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
They can't. The ceiling prevents you from recovering anything that's been locked.
Yup.
Qouted from FefnirOmega13 from gamefaqs:
Inkjet pierces through the shield and can hit a far way out (but obviously the area inked is kinda terrible, so...)
Splashdown, Roller and Booyah Bomb's splash penetrates to some extent (it'll still hit within the sphere of influence)
There's a shield on the top so Ink Storm won't hit any of it at all.
Splash from regular bombs/missiles leaks under the shield a little bit, but it's not major.

Overall it's not worth trying to reach the closed of area.
I adore the shifty station, the closed of area gimmick makes it feel like an ranked/turf hybrid.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
I loved this fest's shifty station, mostly because it favors my playstyle of rushing to mid as quick as I can.
I had a postitive w/l ratio and I got to queen this time around, the connection issues were really bad for me the first day, which is unusual for me. Maybe Nintendo will get their mess of a net code together next console...
Overall a pretty good splatfest for me, hope the hares win. ;^)

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
the connection issues were really bad for me the first day, which is unusual for me. Maybe Nintendo will get their mess of a net code together next console...
Same for me and everyone else I've spoken to about it. Wonder what the deal is.

GG Team Hare, I saw this one coming from a mile away.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This shifty should be a regular stage, IMO. It's too good to be locked to a 48-hours limited event.

Other than the great shifty, I had a lot of fun trying out some of the new weapons. Mostly stuck to the new Dapples, but tried the new Zapper and Range Blaster too. Good times. Surprised we (tortoise) lost, considering my experiences. I've pretty much only lost mirror matches.

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
This shifty should be a regular stage, IMO. It's too good to be locked to a 48-hours limited event.
YES. Totally agreed. The stage's gimmick transformed the entire experience of the turf war in a way that most other Shifty maps haven't even come close to. Throughout the Fest, I found myself hoping for the Shifty map over the other ones! I can understand others' frustrations with solo queue teams failing to grasp the concept and essentially throwing the match for the others (there were times some teammates wanted to shoot the inkswitch when the target turf area was still the other team's color!), but for me, it wasn't so bad as to ruin the experience. But the map absolutely shines its brightest during team queue matches...and boy does it shine! I hope Nintendo takes this concept of "limited opportunity" turf moving forward, perhaps in its turf wars of Splatoon 3, to keep things interesting and fresh. Also, I got lucky and didn't experience too many games with players disconnecting - maybe three or four matches, total?

Great job to everyone who participated, both Teams Hare and Tortoise! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom