• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worldwide Frostyfest (Splatfest): Family or Friends?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
You were not playing good enough then. I played more than half of all matches against Team Friend and I was Team Family as well.
...that's not entirely how matchmaking during Splatfest. If there's not enough of the other team available at a given time when you queue up, then you're likely to be given a ditto match rather than be timed out and forced to re-queue.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I liked this Shifty Station. Its obviously true that whichever team controlled mid won, but that’s true of just about every stage. The difference with this one is that it was much easier to re-gain mid if you lost it because it was very difficult for either team to push far into the other team’s side. So I felt like we had to fight hard the whole time just to hold the lead, it never felt like it was in the bag and I didn’t see many blowouts at all.

Ondra

Inkling
NNID
unspecified
Switch Friend Code
SW-0000-0000-0000
...that's not entirely how matchmaking during Splatfest. If there's not enough of the other team available at a given time when you queue up, then you're likely to be given a ditto match rather than be timed out and forced to re-queue.
Of course, however there are always some teams of the other team. After all, they had 37% popularity. So if there are less people on one team than on the other one, the best from the team with more people get to play with the other team while the worse ones play against their own team.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Of course, however there are always some teams of the other team. After all, they had 37% popularity. So if there are less people on one team than on the other one, the best from the team with more people get to play with the other team while the worse ones play against their own team.
Whether or not you get a mirror match is not based on how good you are at the game.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I can’t tell if you’re saying this is some kind of inevitable result of one team having more players or you’re saying its the way the matchmaking system is designed, but I don’t think its correct in either case.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
I waited for the day in which Marina finally surpasses Pearl in Splatfest wins, definitely makes up for that atrocious Squid vs Octopus Splatfest.
That's true across all regions, too. Of the 43 Splatfests in Splatoon 2 so far, Marina has now won 22. This one put her over the top.

Of course, that counts Marina's -technical- global win of the Mayo v Ketchup Splatfest, too.

Also, Marina has only lost ONE Splatfest in the Clout era. ONE, across all regions.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
43!? *pulls up mediocre Sploon app* I never realized we've gone through that many! At least it helps excuse my trouble remembering previous Shifty Station layouts.

If it's not a vague assumption, I'd be cool with reading some speculation on how Splatfest matchmaking probably works you have to share. Trying to figure out Splatoon's behind-the-scence mechanics is a pastime among the overall sploon community!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom