• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

would you reset your rank?

G

girigiriHERO

Say after reaching S+99 you could reset to C☆ and it was 300 points to advancr (rather than -, neutral, and +) and were only paired with other ☆ players. Would you or does it feel like it would just be bragging rights?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Personally? Naw, not without nerfing my access to good gear and weapons anyways, OR without compensation ;p

Now if I could reset my splatoon account progress(barring maybe amiibo gear? I dunno) and I got a sweet looking piece of gear, an awesome splattershot jr.skin, etc.?
Then Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeh BOI!! (Heh, prestige. This be straying into CoD waters... not that this is a horrible thing?)

As it stands though, I kinda feel S and S+ are exclusive enough already. I danced back and forth between A+/S and S/S+ for almost a month after first ranking up. Also, I have pretty consistently stayed down in S due to my not caring enough approach in ranked.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Prestige systems always seemed like a pretty lazy system of player progression in my eyes. Hey, wanna look cooler than other players? Throw away everything you've done in the game to get a shiny doodad next to your time! Devs must love how the gameplay padding invents itself from there...

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Being paired with C☆ means that all those were S+ someday right? I would reset, it would be the same as a level above S+.
But if it was only for being "reborn" and having to play again with people from many levels bellow just to brag, I won't reset.

G

girigiriHERO

Being paired with C☆ means that all those were S+ someday right? I would reset, it would be the same as a level above S+.
But if it was only for being "reborn" and having to play again with people from many levels bellow just to brag, I won't reset.
correct C☆ would all have been S+ players

done away would be the +30 and -30 bonuses too (when you rank up and down)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly I went through the works to get to S+ that should not be added to anymore, although I honestly would like a trial system when after reaching S+ you do challenges, like use only a certain amount of abilities, a specific piece of gear or weapon in x amount of matches/victories, or even win x amt. of games in a row for rewards such as special gear, or super sea snail bundles ( like in the splatfest glory days)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is possible to do by deleting your save file or using Splathax. Personally, no. I wouldn't. Whatever rank I end up is the rank I should be at if my skill level sets me there, if I reset it I would simply be smurfing.. and nobody likes to play with smurfs.

G

girigiriHERO

This is possible to do by deleting your save file or using Splathax. Personally, no. I wouldn't. Whatever rank I end up is the rank I should be at if my skill level sets me there, if I reset it I would simply be smurfing.. and nobody likes to play with smurfs.
no C☆ would only be paired with other C☆ players, not regular C. Just because there seems to still be a skill gap within S and S+, this would further iron out the S+ gap

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
no C☆ would only be paired with other C☆ players, not regular C. Just because there seems to still be a skill gap within S and S+, this would further iron out the S+ gap
...The matchmaking is already borked beyond belief, you want to add ANOTHER tier of sorting for Nintendo to muddle through? Yeah, you have fun with that idea :P

G

girigiriHERO

...The matchmaking is already borked beyond belief, you want to add ANOTHER tier of sorting for Nintendo to muddle through? Yeah, you have fun with that idea :p
During my training with Chargers (up to B+ now!) the matchmaking in terms of weapons seems to be pretty good, Chargers are evenly divided with Splatlings when a Charger isn't available for the other team (maybe it's not intentional?) but I think another aspect that would be good if a rebirth system was available is to keep the whole only level while solo aspect alive because that does help a bit in terms of who've been carried to a rank and who haven't.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i wish there was a rank per gun with no reset so when i use my carbon roller i'm a s+ and when i use my luna i'm a s and when i pull out my third gun dynamo i'm a A-.

So when some guy deciding in s rank to pull out a squiffer for the first time doesn't = automatic lost for his team

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
A ☆ rank tier sounds similar to New Game+ in many RPGs, where you take your money and weapons from a previous file into a more challenging 2nd playthrough.

And, S+ is by no means the skill ceiling. I am S+ but I know a better player when I see it. S+ has a ridiculously diverse amount of skill levels between people in the rank, and I am for sure in the lower end of that.

I think this would be a really cool idea to reward skilled players for their hard work in climbing the ranks. Assuming by "reset," you mean, after you reach C☆, you can no longer rank back down to S+, that would alleviate a lot of the anxiety I have in playing S+ solo queue for fear of hitting a losing streak and a ton of progress I sweated and struggled to attain. And also, incentivize reaching S+99 for more than just bragging rights. I'm at S+84, and havent played solo queue for months. I'd love it if there was a reason for me to risk my rank to get those last 15 points, a reward to strive for, and more competition awaiting me on the other side.

Honestly this seems like one of the coolest ideas for Splatoon I've heard in a long time. Kudos to you @girigiriHERO

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
I haven't reached 99, nor do I plan to, but regardless! I'd reset my rank in a heartbeat. I don't belong in S+!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom